Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Caitlin Clark selected #1 by Fever. **Updated title**

Just now, Yoshinator said:

Yeah that's right. I got the girl wrong lol. 

Yeah, I remember she used a smaller ball because Kenny Smith brought it up. Clark would not though IMO. Would Clark beat Steph on Steph's best day, no, but I believe Clark could finish in the top 5 in a 3-point contest on most days.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Unfortunately, I agree, great women Soccer players feel like they should be paid more too but you can only be paid so much based on your audience watching = Fact. If the same amount of people went to games and watched the WNBA like they do the NBA, Clark would be making millions. There is nothing women's leagues can do about it because they don't have the audience to increase their salaries = Fact. It has nothing do with discrimination. Money is money. I think most WNBA players know this and so do most Soccer players. That Megan Rapone who plays women's Soccer player makes me want to puke. I can't stand her. She puts down the US all the time, I would like to see her live in any other country and get the chances and make the money she has had here. 

Back to Clark, I am sure Clark is extremely happy with that salary playing a kid's game. She loves the US as well and would never kneel for the flag either. With her sponsors she will be a millionaire anyway and loved here in Indianapolis.

I agree.  The WNBA is ticking upward but it has to sustain it.  I do not watch the NBA or WNBA, I quit watching the NBA 10 years ago.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

I agree.  The WNBA is ticking upward but it has to sustain it.  I do not watch the NBA or WNBA, I quit watching the NBA 10 years ago.  

Pacers have a team again. I like our chances of going deep this year. Problem with the Pacers is, every time we get contending teams, key players want to leave for greener pastures. We are too cheap to pay our great players. At least with the WNBA, I don't have to worry about that with Clark (money is no issue) + she is a Midwest girl, played in Iowa. 

My Mt Rushmore for sports figures in Indiana are:

1. Peyton Manning - Played from 1998-2010 seasons. Won a SB, went to 2 SB's, won 4 League MVP's while here in Indianapolis.

2. Reggie Miller - Was a Pacer from the 1988-2005 seasons. He got us to the Finals in 2000 where we played the Lakers in 6 tough games. We also went to 6 Eastern Conference Finals with him leading the way = 1994, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000Finals, 2004. He is also in the NBA Hall of Fame.

3. Bobby Knight - Was Head Coach of the IU Hoosiers from 1972-2000 seasons. He won 3 National Championships = 1976, 1981, and 1987. The 1976 team went undefeated at 32-0. He also went to another Final 4 in 1992. 

4. Larry Bird - Had a bigger impact on the Boston Celtics as an NBA player but here in Indiana, he led Indiana St to the Final game of the NCAA Tournament in 1979 and he was born here in Indiana. He was also a great Head Coach for the Pacers from 1998-2000. Getting the Pacers to the Finals in 2000.

Lets say Caitlan Clark wins 3 or 4 WNBA Championships here in Indianapolis, she will be knocking on this door! The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

1. Peyton Manning - Played from 1998-2010 seasons. Won a SB, went to 2 SB's, won 4 League MVP's while here in Indianapolis.

2. Reggie Miller - Was a Pacer from the 1988-2005 seasons. He got us to the Finals in 2000 where we played the Lakers in 6 tough games. We also went to 6 Eastern Conference Finals with him leading the way = 1994, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000Finals, 2004. He is also in the NBA Hall of Fame.

3. Bobby Knight - Was Head Coach of the IU Hoosiers from 1972-2000 seasons. He won 3 National Championships = 1976, 1981, and 1987. The 1976 team went undefeated at 32-0. He also went to another Final 4 in 1992. 

4. Larry Bird - Had a bigger impact on the Boston Celtics as an NBA player but here in Indiana, he led Indiana St to the Final game of the NCAA Tournament in 1979 and he was born here in Indiana. He was also a great Head Coach for the Pacers from 1998-2000. Getting the Pacers to the Finals in 2000.

Lets say Caitlan Clark wins 3 or 4 WNBA Championships here in Indianapolis, she will be knocking on this door! The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

Mine would be similar.  In no particular order:

Larry Bird

Reggie Miller

Payton Manning

Rod Woodson.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Myles said:

Mine would be similar.  In no particular order:

Larry Bird

Reggie Miller

Payton Manning

Rod Woodson.

Nice Rod Woodson. Can't say you are wrong. Standout player at Purdue and a Hall of Famer in the NFL. A lot of people don't like Bob Knight so I get it. One of my best friends doesn't have Knight on it either. He has Jeff Gordon instead because of racing (this is a racing state) and Gordon going to high school here, growing up here and dominating the Brick Yard 400 in NasCar.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nice Rod Woodson. Can't say you are wrong. Standout player at Purdue and a Hall of Famer in the NFL. A lot of people don't like Bob Knight so I get it. One of my best friends doesn't have Knight on it either. He has Jeff Gordon instead because of racing (this is a racing state) and Gordon going to high school here, growing up here and dominating the Brick Yard 400 in NasCar.

I mostly chose Rod Woodson because he still helps out the state.  He still lives in Fort Wayne (part time) and still hosts football camps each year.  A great guy.

• Like 1

Just now, Myles said:

I mostly chose Rod Woodson because he still helps out the state.  He still lives in Fort Wayne (part time) and still hosts football camps each year.  A great guy.

Choosing just 4 is tough because George McGinnis who won a State Championship in 1969 at Washington High School here in Indianapolis and he won 2 ABA Championships with the Pacers in the ABA on top of it could easily make this list. My Father graduated from Washington in 1969 as well and told me when I was around 9 or 10 that McGinnis was the greatest player he ever seen period. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, chad72 said:

But, but, but....she isn't as pretty. :) 

Did you hear about Gregg Doyel making a fool of himself, but now with Caitlin Clark? LOL indeed. Some things never change. :) 

https://sports.yahoo.com/caitlin-clark-gets-apology-reporter-141521799.html

Gregg Doyle is the biggest punk in our media. He once bragged that he boxes and knocks people out on the Bowen show. He never has anything positive to say about the Colts either. He always bashes them.

Give me 3 months to train and put him in the ring with me, I would relish it at 52. I am coming in as a heavy WT over 200 pound, forget 180/190. The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)-to act like a bozo toward Clark like that really makes my skin crawl. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

She is a millionaire already. Much deserving. 

Pretty sure she was already with NIL deals, but yeah, she is doing ok for herself.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

But, but, but....she isn't as pretty. :) 

Did you hear about Gregg Doyel making a fool of himself, but now with Caitlin Clark? LOL indeed. Some things never change. :) 

https://sports.yahoo.com/caitlin-clark-gets-apology-reporter-141521799.html

Yeah those were ridiculous, sexist remarks.(Talking about her looks).

As far as Doyle, no I didn't see that. Not too surprising really, only thing that surprises me with Doyle, is that he still has a job.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nadine said:

This is going to be very fun!

You Cant See Me College Basketball GIF by NCAA March Madness

Doyle is a disrespecting hater. I can't stand the guy. Then he picks on perhaps the greatest women's player of all-time. He should be fired from his job. To your post, this is going to be very fun, I will watch. 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2024 at 12:55 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I’d take Bird off and replace him with AJ Foyt mostly because of what most of Bird did was in Boston and Foyt is the greatest star in the sport Indianapolis was known for a long time.  Still I’d agree you are splitting hairs picking between the two and can’t go wrong with either.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I’d take Bird off and replace him with AJ Foyt mostly because of what most of Bird did was in Boston and Foyt is the greatest star in the sport Indianapolis was known for a long time.  Still I’d agree you are splitting hairs picking between the two and can’t go wrong with either.

Yeah, I posted above, a friend of mine agreed with my list, except he would put Jeff Gordon on it and take Knight off. With Bobby Knight you either loved or hated him, I go by results, so he is on my list. With Bird, being that he was born here and had a huge impact for Indiana St basketball and a huge impact coaching the Pacers, I put him on my list. 

Outside of my 4 = Peyton, Reggie, Bobby, and Larry. The other guys I did consider were George McGinnis, A.J. Foyt like you mentioned, and Jeff Gordon because this is a racing state. I even barely thought of Steve Alford who was a dominant player in Highschool at New Castle, Indiana, then won a National Championship playing for the Hoosiers in 1987. He was one of the greatest shooters I have ever seen.

Some put Oscar Robertson on the Indiana Mt Rushmore but IMO, you need more than just a great Highschool career to make this kind of list. Robertson played his college ball for Cincinnati, Alford went to IU therefore, Alford gets the nod over him here in Indiana. 

OK, I never liked Dan Dakich but today changed my mind 100%. On his radio show, he called Gregg Doyle a creep and didn't even trust Doyle around his 17 yr old daughter. He said Doyle treats women badly and Dakich doesn't like him at all. You could see the anger in Dakich face when talking about Doyle. I watched it on youtube. He once wanted to stay at Dakich house and Dakich told him no. Then he wrote a negative article about Dakich shortly after. 

Hey if Dakich wants to train me for 3 months, I will get in the ring with that chump who says he is a great boxer. He hasn't beat anyone good, he's beat tomato cans. I have done research on him. roddy piper mr GIF

45 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, I posted above, a friend of mine agreed with my list, except he would put Jeff Gordon on it and take Knight off. With Bobby Knight you either loved or hated him, I go by results, so he is on my list. With Bird, being that he was born here and had a huge impact for Indiana St basketball and a huge impact coaching the Pacers, I put him on my list. 

Outside of my 4 = Peyton, Reggie, Bobby, and Larry. The other guys I did consider were George McGinnis, A.J. Foyt like you mentioned, and Jeff Gordon because this is a racing state. I even barely thought of Steve Alford who was a dominant player in Highschool at New Castle, Indiana, then won a National Championship playing for the Hoosiers in 1987. He was one of the greatest shooters I have ever seen.

Some put Oscar Robertson on the Indiana Mt Rushmore but IMO, you need more than just a great Highschool career to make this kind of list. Robertson played his college ball for Cincinnati, Alford went to IU therefore, Alford gets the nod over him here in Indiana. 

I like your list but would put Tony Stewart over Alford.🚗

• Like 2

Just watched the whole Dakich rant, he even called Doyle a punk like I did yesterday. Then he showed a picture of Doyle boxing and started laughing because Doyle was a lot bigger than the guy he was fighting. Doyle looks like one creepy dude that is for sure, I agree with Danny for a change. 

Womens Basketball Sport GIF by NCAA March Madness

On 4/18/2024 at 10:33 AM, w87r said:

dah, people need to stop complaining about her contract.  The WNBA has not been profitable but people feel they should pay players more?

On 4/17/2024 at 12:55 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think there are too many important figures in Indiana sports history to put on just one, although I think we can all agree that Peyton is #1.

I will say this though: How cool is it that the best men’s college basketball player for the past two years and the best women’s college basketball player the past two years are both connected to Indiana? Meanwhile ISU made the NIT championship game, and Purdue made the national championship game, AND the Pacers are back in the playoffs. Indiana basketball is alive and well!

• Like 1

She makes it look easy, 21 points at the highest level and did it effortlessly lmao . What people need to realize is, she has already played against the best women in the world the last 2 years. It's called playing a loaded LSU team, a loaded South Carolina team twice, and a loaded UConn team. So, anything the WNBA throws at her won't really be an upgrade. She can shoot from 25 feet and make around 45% of them so she is unguardable.

https://www.wishtv.com/news/indy-star-columnist-will-not-cover-caitlin-clark-and-indiana-fever-this-season/

Hopefully this means he's out for everything?

I figured since it was so close to the draft they might let him get through it, then move on.

Guess we will see next week.

Bob Kravitz take below.

https://www.bobkravitz.com/p/stars-gregg-doyel-has-been-suspended

2 hours ago, w87r said:

https://www.wishtv.com/news/indy-star-columnist-will-not-cover-caitlin-clark-and-indiana-fever-this-season/

Hopefully this means he's out for everything?

I figured since it was so close to the draft they might let him get through it, then move on.

Guess we will see next week.

Bob Kravitz take below.

https://www.bobkravitz.com/p/stars-gregg-doyel-has-been-suspended

And now comes the part where we throw our heads back and laugh. You know, more than we already laughed at him. 

Old Men Laughing GIF by ABC Network

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

On 5/19/2024 at 1:52 AM, Myles said:

The Fever are 0-3 on the season.   Not looking good.

The WNBA is loaded with talented deep teams. Literally have played 2 of the best teams in the league(one, twice), in the first 4 games(so 3 out of 4). Not sure about the first team, but she picked up 2nd foul on a pretty bad call early in the game to out her on the bench. * refs, how do you call such a weak call on the main draw in their first game, I'm sure the league gave the refs a little push back afterwards.

It will take time for her to adjust and this team to compete with the top teams, who have built super teams and/ or been together for longer. I think I heard something like the fever had only been together for like 30 days or something?

The WNBA is loaded with talent, definitely one of the hardest leagues to make. 12 teams x 12 players - 144 players 

There has been a lot of hate out there, this tweet below sums it up pretty well.

To hear all these current WNBA players trash talking her is crazy.

She has literally energized the market and games are selling out or close to. All that is going to do, is put more money in everyone's pocket. They need to be protecting her out there rather than trying to break her in half with a "who can screen her the hardest challenge".

She needs to cut down on the turnovers, but the Fever looked a lot better last night in the second matchup against that team. Probably should've won it, but they will improve as the season moves along and will take a year or two before they can compete with NY/LV type of teams.

2 hours ago, w87r said:

She is doing just fine, through 5 games she is averaging 17 Points, 5 Assists, and 4 Rebounds and still hitting the 3 well. Problem is the Fever have a bad team right now. They will get another high draft pick next year which should help. 

They could easily be 2-3, they have lost 2 games by 2 points. I am following it some :thmup:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Fever get their 1st win over the Sparks. Clark hit a couple of 3s from real deep. 1 sealed the game late in the 4th.

Watch the player on the Sparks bench, she gets so mad. Lol.

On 5/23/2024 at 1:55 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

She is doing just fine, through 5 games she is averaging 17 Points, 5 Assists, and 4 Rebounds and still hitting the 3 well. Problem is the Fever have a bad team right now. They will get another high draft pick next year which should help. 

They could easily be 2-3, they have lost 2 games by 2 points. I am following it some :thmup:

Yeah, Fever could easily be 3-3 right now. Not too concerned about it. I think they will get better as season progresses and will be potentially dangerous next year once Clark gets acclimated to league.

Screenshot_20240525-112527.png.a204f17f50da9a5dfcbcfcee4b9f9e0f.png

17pts, 6ast, 5reb 1.2stl, 1blk a game while still getting used to everything.

Needs to bring those turnovers down and bring that shooting percentage up.

I imagine both off those things will happen, and then we will be truly tough to compete with.

Those 2 losses(4 total) to Connecticut and New York, the close games, lets me know they will be able to compete, soon, with the Connecticut's, New York's and LV' of the league.

Think they play LV tonight?

• Like 1