Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Yoshinator vs Homer's draft

1 minute ago, Yoshinator said:

Nice pick! He was an absolute beast for the Bears!

Last pick for me. Need a Kicker. Adam is gone, so I will take the next best thing. The Yoshinator selects Justin Tucker.

Tucker is awesome, sweet way to end it. I still need 1 more dude on defense, he will be known as Mr Irrelevant - stay tuned The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- I have 5 guys in mind. I will decide after a short break. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tucker is awesome, sweet way to end it. I still need 1 more dude on defense, he will be known as Mr Irrelevant - stay tuned The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)- I have 5 guys in mind. I will decide after a short break. 

No prob. I'll be here. After you post your pick, we'll post our teams.

• Like 1

Mr. Irrelevant belongs to Richard Seymour, I need beef up front on my D.Line. He was a great player for the Patriots. 

All in all, I think you got me with the Ray Lewis and Aaron Donald picks - they are both arguably the best to play their position, but it was because I was focused more on offense early. I think I got you with Moss and Marv who are both Top 5 WRs of all-time + I have Gronk. So that evens out. Peyton is licking his chops.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Mr. Irrelevant belongs to Richard Seymour, I need beef up front on my D.Line. He was a great player for the Patriots. 

All in all, I think you got me with the Ray Lewis and Aaron Donald picks - they are both arguably the best to play their position, but it was because I was focused more on offense early. I think I got you with Moss and Marv who are both Top 5 WRs of all-time + I have Gronk. So that evens out. Peyton is licking his chops.

It was pretty close. When you took Moss, I decided not to take Harrison to see if you'd bite on taking him. When you did, not only did it allow me to get the Ravens I wanted, but it gave me the luxury of being able to draft my WRs at the end of the draft because I knew they'd be there. On the contrary, when you took Revis, you only had 1 CB and 2 start, so I had to take Charles Woodson there to get one of my two targets.

I focused on defense a lot more than offense in this draft. I did get Brady, Tomlinson, and Gonzalez as my top option at QB, RB, and TE though. I risked Gates falling and was hoping you wouldn't go 2 TE set. I loved getting Reed and Polamalu at Safety. The front 7 I focused on heavily as well. You stole Saturday and Vinatieri from me. I just punted the positions until the end after you sniped me there. 

Overall, lot of fun to draft with you. Going to post my team in a min.

All 24 team from 1998-2024

Offense 11:

QB: Tom Brady

RB: LaDanian Tomlinson

WR: Terrell Owens

WR: Larry Fitzgerald

TE: Tony Gonzalez

TE: Antonio Gates

LT: Jonathan Ogden

LG: Marshall Yanda

C: Alex Mack

RG: Will Shields

RT: Orlando Pace

Defense 11:

DE: J.J. Watt

DT: Aaron Donald

DE: Julius Peppers

OLB: Terrell Suggs

ILB: Ray Lewis

ILB: Junior Seau

OLB: DeMarcus Ware

CB: Charles Woodson

CB: Richard Sherman

FS: Ed Reed

SS: Troy Polamalu

Special Teams 2:

K: Justin Tucker

P: Shane Lechler

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Yoshinator said:

@2006Coltsbestever posted my team. Curious to see yours in all its glory! :thmup:

Offense

QB - Peyton Manning

RB - Adrian Peterson

Scat back/slot - Darren Sproles

WR - Randy Moss

WR - Marvin Harrison

TE - Rob Gronk

LT - Trent Williams

LG - Quenton Nelson

C - Jeff Saturday - had to be because of Manning

RG - Zack Martin

RT - Lane Johnson

Defense

DE - Myles Garrett

DT - Warren Sapp

DT - Richard Seymour

DE - Dwight Freeney

OLB - Micah Parsons

MLB - Brian Urlacher

OLB - Von Miller

CB - Revis Island

S - Kyle Hamilton

FS - TY Law - He would make a great FS

CB - Champ Bailey

SP Teams

K- Adam Vinatieri

P- Pat McAfee

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Yoshinator said:

@2006Coltsbestever posted my team. Curious to see yours in all its glory! :thmup:

Offense

QB - Peyton Manning

RB - Adrian Peterson

WR - Randy Moss

WR - Marvin Harrison

TE - Rob Gronk

LT - Trent Williams

LG - Quenton Nelson

RG - Zack Martin

RT - Lane Johnson

Defense

DE - Myles Garrett

DT - Warren Sapp

DT - Richard Seymour

DE - Dwight Freeney

OLB - Micah Parsons

MLB - Brian Urlacher

OLB - Von Miller

CB - Revis Island

S - Kyle Hamilton

CB - Champ Bailey

SP Teams

K- Adam Vinatieri

P- Pat McAfee

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I see you went 3-4, I went 4-3 on defense.

Yep. I also took a 1RB/2WR/2TE set on offense to give Brady familiarity on offense. You went real interesting with a 2RB/2WR/1TE set for Peyton. I thought the Sproles pick was very fun. Neither of us took 3 WRs, which was also interesting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Yep. I also took a 1RB/2WR/2TE set on offense to give Brady familiarity on offense. You went real interesting with a 2RB/2WR/1TE set for Peyton. I thought the Sproles pick was very fun. Neither of us took 3 WRs, which was also interesting.

I took Sproles because of his speed. Believe it or not, he had 1 season where he nearly caught 90 balls. He used to kill us. I figured I only needed 2 WRs because of having Moss and Marvin. Gronk is my dangerous Red Zone guy. 

• Like 1

I took Sproles because of his speed. Believe it or not, he had 1 season where he nearly caught 90 balls. He used to kill us. I figured I only needed 2 WRs because of having Moss and Marvin. Gronk is my dangerous Red Zone guy. 

I was hoping you'd only take two WRs with Moss and Marvin. I was thinking "please don't take TO and Fitz" lol. TBH, Sproles never came to mind for me. After I took Tomlinson, I was done at RB. That was such a creative pick.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Brady loves his TEs, nice strategy. I am still kicking myself that I spaced Ray Lewis but I was building a powerful offense for Peyton with my early picks. I did get Urlacher to control the middle at least. He wasn't as great as Ray but still great.

• Like 1

Brady loves his TEs, nice strategy. I am still kicking myself that I spaced Ray Lewis but I was building a powerful offense for Peyton with my early picks. I did get Urlacher to control the middle at least. He wasn't as great as Ray but still great.

Yeah, after you went back-to-back WRs, I was thinking about getting the Ravens players. I was very fortunate my stupidity got me rewarded and I was able to beat you to Ray Lewis. We're both so good at this that we were going to snipe each other a few times. I wasn't able to get a single Colt on my team lol! haha 

• Like 1

Just now, Yoshinator said:

Yeah, after you went back-to-back WRs, I was thinking about getting the Ravens players. I was very fortunate my stupidity got me rewarded and I was able to beat you to Ray Lewis. We're both so good at this that we were going to snipe each other a few times. I wasn't able to get a single Colt on my team lol! haha 

It was either Marvin or Ray when I picked 6th, I went Marvin because of the chemistry he and Peyton had together. I was also thinking Moss and Marvin are arguably 2 best WRs ever to play and that would be deadly. I knew if I took Ray at 6, you would take Marvin at 7, that was my assumption anyway. 

• Like 1

It was either Marvin or Ray when I picked 6th, I went Marvin because of the chemistry he and Peyton had together. I was also thinking Moss and Marvin are arguably 2 best WRs ever to play and that would be deadly. I knew if I took Ray at 6, you would take Marvin at 7, that was my assumption anyway. 

I honestly had no backup plan if you took Ray. I would have been scrambling. You could have hurt my team if you took Ray. I probably would have pivoted and took Marvin at that point though. In that scenario, you wouldn't have taken both WRs and Ray would have been gone, so I would have gone Marvin, assuming you didn't want both of them together. 

Wouldn't have liked it as much but would have worked with it. I'm happy it turned out the way it did though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

I honestly had no backup plan if you took Ray. I would have been scrambling. You could have hurt my team if you took Ray. I probably would have pivoted and took Marvin at that point though. In that scenario, you wouldn't have taken both WRs and Ray would have been gone, so I would have gone Marvin, assuming you didn't want both of them together. 

Wouldn't have liked it as much but would have worked with it. I'm happy it turned out the way it did though. 

Yeah, I love my team overall. I give myself an A-, but I am hard on myself so I didn't grade out as a solid A. A- is great though. I could've done maybe 1 or 2 things different, but I have a great team that I I believe could beat anyone. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, I love my team overall. I give myself an A-, but I am hard on myself so I didn't grade out as a solid A. A- is great though. I could've done maybe 1 or 2 things different, but I have a great team that I I believe could beat anyone. 

I give myself the same grade. I missed out on Moss and Marvin, but it was necessary to get the Ravens trio of Ogden, Reed, and Lewis. I picked my battles. I missed out on Saturday and Vinateiri. You timed those picks perfectly. Also didn't get Revis and forgot about Champ Bailey, who is better than Sherman. So I had my misses. 

I would say my defense is better, and your offense is better. I did get creative with my offense to try and close the gap. It would be a fun matchup to simulate a game between our two teams. I went very Ravens heavy. Also took Suggs and Yanda later on as well. So 5 of them I believe. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yoshinator said:

I give myself the same grade. I missed out on Moss and Marvin, but it was necessary to get the Ravens trio of Ogden, Reed, and Lewis. I picked my battles. I missed out on Saturday and Vinateiri. You timed those picks perfectly. Also didn't get Revis and forgot about Champ Bailey, who is better than Sherman. So I had my misses. 

I would say my defense is better, and your offense is better. I did get creative with my offense to try and close the gap. It would be a fun matchup to simulate a game between our two teams. I went very Ravens heavy. Also took Suggs and Yanda later on as well. So 5 of them I believe. 

Actually 6 with Justin Tucker.

• Like 1

Just now, Yoshinator said:

Actually 6 with Justin Tucker.

Picking a Kicker couldn't go wrong for either of us. You have Adam and Justin to choose from. Had you took Adam, I would have taken Justin. Yeah, I got you on Saturday lmao . After I picked him I could tell you were down a little because that was your next pick. I was trying to read what you were doing. It worked that time :thmup:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Picking a Kicker couldn't go wrong for either of us. You have Adam and Justin to choose from. Had you took Adam, I would have taken Justin. Yeah, I got you on Saturday lmao . After I picked him I could tell you were down a little because that was your next pick. I was trying to read what you were doing. It worked that time :thmup:

Yeah, I wanted to get Orlando Pace and have my elite tackles first. I kinda telegraphed my next pick lol. It's ok, I had Mack as a backup option. That one surprised me though as well as you picking Adam when you did. I was trying to stretch the Special teams as much as possible and you took him before me. I just made sure to get Lechler wrapped up afterwards.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Yeah, I wanted to get Orlando Pace and have my elite tackles first. I kinda telegraphed my next pick lol. It's ok, I had Mack as a backup option. That one surprised me though as well as you picking Adam when you did. I was trying to stretch the Special teams as much as possible and you took him before me. I just made sure to get Lechler wrapped up afterwards.

I took Adam a little early instead of at the end just be cute lmao . I figured you would think, this guy is half nuts, what is he doing just for fun. I already had an idea though that the players I wanted after that would be there. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I took Adam a little early instead of at the end just be cute lmao . I figured you would think, this guy is half nuts, what is he doing just for fun. I already had an idea though that the players I wanted after that would be there. 

We're both a little nuts. Doing an entire draft during the night lol. I enjoy it though. Some positions were definitely worse than others to get sniped on because of the players. You went a lot more modern year players than me. We definitely had a different strategy there. I took a lot of players in 90s-2010s. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

We're both a little nuts. Doing an entire draft during the night lol. I enjoy it though. Some positions were definitely worse than others to get sniped on because of the players. You went a lot more modern year players than me. We definitely had a different strategy there. I took a lot of players in 90s-2010s. 

Yeah, since we were going by 1998 to now, I had to adjust a little. I had to make sure when taking certain guys, that were still great after 1997. A 25 year time frame is still good enough. This was fun. 

• Like 1

Yeah, since we were going by 1998 to now, I had to adjust a little. I had to make sure when taking certain guys, that were still great after 1997. A 25 year time frame is still good enough. This was fun. 

That's why i took out Larry Allen and put in Marshall Yanda. He was a better representation of the 25 year frame. I enjoyed doing the draft with you. :thmup:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

That's why i took out Larry Allen and put in Marshall Yanda. He was a better representation of the 25 year frame. I enjoyed doing the draft with you. :thmup:

I chose you of all people because I know you love this stuff. I figured you would be all over it. I don't do too many Mocks, but I love doing all-time drafts with people. Regarding the Colts this season, if Brock Bowers in there at #15, we have to take him, right? 

• Thanks 1

I chose you of all people because I know you love this stuff. I figured you would be all over it. I don't do too many Mocks, but I love doing all-time drafts with people. Regarding the Colts this season, if Brock Bowers in there at #15, we have to take him, right? 

Yes. We take him. The only reason we wouldn't is if he was refusing to sign with anyone but Tennessee, and there was a lot more smoke to that than just talking to the media. I don't think Tennessee would risk letting him fall to the 2nd round though. A team would probably still take him in the 1st and risk that he would sign.

He would be an insane upgrade at TE for us. A big weapon for AR. There is very little in FA at TE this year, so Bowers would be ideal for us.

• Like 1

By the way, I didn't include who our Head Coach would be because we would be of these teams but If I did, there are really only 2 choices. Belichick or Reid IMO. I would take either. Reid was better than Dungy and I fully believe had Reid coached Peyton, we would have never lost to the Saints in 2009 (Caldwell coached them in 2009, Reid is much better) or in 2005 vs the Steelers - that was Dungy. I love Dungy don't get me wrong but he wasn't better than many coaches out there. He was great but not top 10 ever great, JMO. 

22 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Offense

QB - Peyton Manning

RB - Adrian Peterson

WR - Randy Moss

WR - Marvin Harrison

TE - Rob Gronk

LT - Trent Williams

LG - Quenton Nelson

RG - Zack Martin

RT - Lane Johnson

Defense

DE - Myles Garrett

DT - Warren Sapp

DT - Richard Seymour

DE - Dwight Freeney

OLB - Micah Parsons

MLB - Brian Urlacher

OLB - Von Miller

CB - Revis Island

S - Kyle Hamilton

CB - Champ Bailey

SP Teams

K- Adam Vinatieri

P- Pat McAfee

You picked so many Colts!

You and @Yoshinatordid not pick punt returners and kickoff returners or long snappers. (No, neither of you can pick Devin Hester. Lol).

Reggie White and Bruce Smith were still going strong in 1998? Maybe not.

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

You picked so many Colts!

You and @Yoshinatordid not pick punt returners and kickoff returners or long snappers. (No, neither of you can pick Devin Hester. Lol).

Reggie White and Bruce Smith were still going strong in 1998? Maybe not.

Reggie and Bruce best days were behind them by 1998. They played a few years after 1998 but weren't as dominant as some of the players @Yoshinatorand I took from 1998 and on. Reggie retired after the 2000 season. Regarding me picking 6 Colts to complete my roster, everyone that I took are Hall of Famers or borderline Hall of Famers. Peyton, Marvin, and Dwight are in. Adam and Q will make it eventually. Q not for a long time, as he is still playing. Jeff Saturday was consistently very good, sometimes great and was Peyton's Center the whole time he was here. I think my offense would be unstoppable and on defense my edge rushers are lightning quick to get the QB. You can't really throw on Revis either.

To your other point, for some reason I spaced not having us pick a KR or PR or Long Snapper - great point you made there. 

@2006Coltsbestever 

Here is the best of the rest. I tried to pick no more than one player from each organization:

Patrick Mahomes (QB)

Walter Jones (OT) -- one of the best ever

Steve Hutchinson (G)  I wanted to pick Randall McDaniel, but he was towards the end of his career in 1998. Hutch and Walter Jones played on the same team but I'm choosing him as a Viking.

Jason Kelce (C)

Alan Faneca (G)

Joe Thomas (OT)

Christian McCaffrey (RB)

Lorenzo Neal  (FB)

Shannon Sharpe (TE)

Calvin Johnson (WR)

Julio Jones (WR)

I will try defense tomorrow. I'm tired. 💤

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, HOZER said:

This was a fun read. You guys should take it a step further and pick coaching staff, GM, and owner(I see 2006BE already picked a couple possibilities for head coach ). 

I would love do an all-time draft with maybe 4 people. @Yoshinator, @NFLfan, maybe @chad72 if he was interested, and myself. With 4 people, this would be really interesting and fun. If we did all-time, players like Lawrence Taylor, Reggie White, Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders, Jerry Rice would be involved. + with only 4 people picking nobody would get cheated out of a Mt Rushmore QB = Brady, Montana, Peyton, Mahomes. So, nobody would feel slighted at QB. To me those 4 are arguably even in a lot of ways. We can add, PR and KR and Long Snapper to the fold. 11 on offense, 11 on defense, and our Head Coach as well. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would love do an all-time draft with maybe 4 people. @Yoshinator, @NFLfan, maybe @chad72 if he was interested, and myself. With 4 people, this would be really interesting and fun. If we did all-time, players like Lawrence Taylor, Reggie White, Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders, Jerry Rice would be involved. + with only 4 people picking nobody would get cheated out of a Mt Rushmore QB = Brady, Montana, Peyton, Mahomes. So, nobody would feel slighted at QB. To me those 4 are arguably even in a lot of ways. We can add, PR and KR and Long Snapper to the fold. 11 on offense, 11 on defense, and our Head Coach as well. 

I will pass for now

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That would be great, or maybe even one with current players/coaches just for fun? I don’t follow other teams enough to partake , but would be a fun read for sure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

That would be great, or maybe even one with current players/coaches just for fun? I don’t follow other teams enough to partake , but would be a fun read for sure.

If 5 people even wanted do it, that would fine but should be the limit, because we are talking a lot of players at that point. Even at QB, John Elway is on par with the other 4. 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If 5 people even wanted do it, that would fine but should be the limit, because we are talking a lot of players at that point. Even at QB, John Elway is on par with the other 4. 

Thanks for the invite. I won't be able to participate. How about Holey Moley? 

5 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks for the invite. I won't be able to participate. How about Holey Moley? 

You are everyday like @chad72, it takes 1 minute to make a pick, Boooooo. Oh well I tried Embarrassed Exit Strategy GIF. We could do a draft like this just for fun over a month, etc.. I brought you up because you even put together an Offense that you loved. It isn't like someone is being rushed to make a pick. Once someone picks, if it takes 10 hours to make the next pick by someone that is fine. It is the offseason so I figured this would be something that would be real fun. It isn't like bragging rights are on the line, like with the 18 weekly Picks Thread which @Moeand I won that. Doing something like this, nobody is right or wrong. I just thought it would be neat to see what kind of teams everyone would come up with 4 or 5 different people picking. You really have to put your GM hat then.  @Yoshinatorand I had the extreme elite best picks because it was just 2 people doing it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You are everyday like @chad72, it takes 1 minute to make a pick, Boooooo. Oh well I tried Embarrassed Exit Strategy GIF. We could do a draft like this just for fun over a month, etc.. I brought you up because you even put together an Offense that you loved. It isn't like someone is being rushed to make a pick. Once someone picks, if it takes 10 hours to make the next pick by someone that is fine. It is the offseason so I figured this would be something that would be real fun. It isn't like bragging rights are on the line, like with the 18 weekly Picks Thread which @Moeand I won that. Doing something like this, nobody is right or wrong. I just thought it would be neat to see what kind of teams everyone would come up with 4 or 5 different people picking. You really have to put your GM hat then.  @Yoshinatorand I had the extreme elite best picks because it was just 2 people doing it.

Okay. When is this taking place? What are the rules? I can check back this evening and read what to do.

I'm tired and busy with work, but I can do it on the weekend. Just say when it starts. Maybe you should put the thread up and give folks a day or so to sign up if they want to join.