Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts meet with (draft prospect)

16 hours ago, Yoshinator said:

Latu could be our pick at 15. Good RAS score at 9.19. Pro Ready, can play football now. He has injury concerns which may cause him to fall to 15 to us. I think he's a possibility.

Until we have the stud DE I think you have to keep trying 

Supposedly Latu has passed all the medical concerns

He has played 2 more years injury free since that year off

I would be very happy with any of the 3 1st round DEs

Jonah Ellis should be there at 46 as well if we go WR in round 1

He was injured much of last year and still posted great stats (12 sacks)

• Like 2

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Millard Bradford, S, TCU

Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Jamal Hill, LB/S, Oregon

Keith Randolph, DT, Illinois

Caedan Wallace, OT, Penn State

Jonah Laulu, DL, Oklahome - already knew that.

Giovanni Manu, OL, UBC - already knew that.

Deantre Prince, CB, Ole Miss - already knew that.

Travis Glover, OT, Georgia State - already knew that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They also brought in Nabers:

My takeaway is that every team will be all in on Nabers. To me he’s WR1. There’s nothing on tape that MHJ does better than him. I’m sure Reggie will tell Ballard and Shane that. However, I think Thomas Jr. is the target. He has so much of what the staff likes in a receiver.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, stitches said:

Way to many safeties, WRs, and CBs on there to think there’s not something too that. It’s also interesting that the guys at those positions who really fit us aren’t listed. A lot of times the guys we have the most interest in, we show the least interest in. So Quinyon, BTJ, and Jared Verse not being on there is interesting.

Only two TEs makes sense too. Theres the obvious Bowers connection, but Ballard also has said a true blocking TE is hard to find. Thats exactly what Reiman is good at though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Way to many safeties, WRs, and CBs on there to think there’s not something too that. It’s also interesting that the guys at those positions who really fit us aren’t listed. A lot of times the guys we have the most interest in, we show the least interest in. So Quinyon, BTJ, and Jared Verse not being on there is interesting.

Only two TEs makes sense too. Theres the obvious Bowers connection, but Ballard also has said a true blocking TE is hard to find. Thats exactly what Reiman is good at though.

Dejean and Nabors and Turner are not on the list as well.  So by the process of elimination our pick at 15 will be either Bowers, Quinyon, BTJ, Verse, Dejean, Nabors or Turner if they are still available.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Someone to watch for sure.

Yeah. They've met with Kneeland and Adisa Isaac both of which will probably go in the 2nd-3rd round. I still prefer a DE in the first, but I could see us going for either of these two in the 2nd.

On 4/12/2024 at 2:13 PM, stitches said:

Seems like the only info we have for top round players being on top 30 visits are - Nabers and Worthy ... and Kneeland

Worthy is interesting because if we assume we’re not trading up for one of the big 3 receivers, then he’s the only other WR outside of BTJ that’s a day 1 field stretcher, which I think is what we’re looking for. Theres Tez Walker, but he’s a 3rd round guy and really raw. 

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Worthy is interesting because if we assume we’re not trading up for one of the big 3 receivers, then he’s the only other WR outside of BTJ that’s a day 1 field stretcher, which I think is what we’re looking for. Theres Tez Walker, but he’s a 3rd round guy and really raw. 

The interesting thing with Worthy is... his Yards per reception are actually pretty low for someone like him who is supposed to be field stretcher... until you actually look at his usage. 39% of his receptions are behind the LOS!!! 39!!! He starts with negative yardage on 39% of his catches! And he still got to 13-14 yards per reception. So this is the second bit part of the way he can be used - gadget plays and screens. 21% of his plays were screens. And he's shifty and fast enough to make people miss and to gain yardage in those. I don't think we actually have a player that is great in those situations so... maybe? This is another tendency I saw while researching some of the pass-catchers this year - Steichen is departing SERIOUSLY from the Philly offense he was running - the Colts were 11th this season in % of plays with motion at the snap, while Philly has been dead last or thereabout for the last 3 season. To me this looks like he actually wants to run those types of plays... he wants to use motion... A LOT! So giving him a weapon of that type might be good... (BTW Bowers can be used in that way too... he has some insane YAC/reception ... over 8 or something). 

There are a lot of things to like about Worthy, but there are also some worries. IMO you will have to create uninterrupted releases for him. He's too small to survive contact in press-man. And he doesn't play small... like... he tries to get extra yards running through people, he tries to be physical... but... even though he doesn't play small, he IS SMALL... and you can see it on every second tackle where the DBs throw him around like a rag doll. He exited at least 2 games this season after a hit/hard tackle from defender. Sometimes when I watch him, I wish he would just go down like TY used to when he felt he's about to get tackled and mangled in the process. 

So if not him... I guess there are some other weapons in that mold too - Malachi Corley is one... Malik Washington. And of course the elephant in the room - Malik Nabers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Considering it seems like Wayne was the guy who was all in on Downs last year, I would play close attention to the pro days that he goes to.

I think he was there at Texas and LSU pro days. Steichen and JBC were there at the Texas one too... 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I am not as high on Worthy as others

This offense needs a deep threat that is on the field during our offense running the ball. 

A common saying in college is that you won’t get the rock unless you can block

Worthy is a so thin he is a liability when we would run the ball

IMHO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Considering it seems like Wayne was the guy who was all in on Downs last year, I would play close attention to the pro days that he goes to.

There is a wide wide range of views on Franklin

I think he should be a consideration at 46 (If we go DL or DB in round 1)

22 hours ago, stitches said:

The interesting thing with Worthy is... his Yards per reception are actually pretty low for someone like him who is supposed to be field stretcher... until you actually look at his usage. 39% of his receptions are behind the LOS!!! 39!!! He starts with negative yardage on 39% of his catches! And he still got to 13-14 yards per reception. So this is the second bit part of the way he can be used - gadget plays and screens. 21% of his plays were screens. And he's shifty and fast enough to make people miss and to gain yardage in those. I don't think we actually have a player that is great in those situations so... maybe? This is another tendency I saw while researching some of the pass-catchers this year - Steichen is departing SERIOUSLY from the Philly offense he was running - the Colts were 11th this season in % of plays with motion at the snap, while Philly has been dead last or thereabout for the last 3 season. To me this looks like he actually wants to run those types of plays... he wants to use motion... A LOT! So giving him a weapon of that type might be good... (BTW Bowers can be used in that way too... he has some insane YAC/reception ... over 8 or something). 

There are a lot of things to like about Worthy, but there are also some worries. IMO you will have to create uninterrupted releases for him. He's too small to survive contact in press-man. And he doesn't play small... like... he tries to get extra yards running through people, he tries to be physical... but... even though he doesn't play small, he IS SMALL... and you can see it on every second tackle where the DBs throw him around like a rag doll. He exited at least 2 games this season after a hit/hard tackle from defender. Sometimes when I watch him, I wish he would just go down like TY used to when he felt he's about to get tackled and mangled in the process. 

So if not him... I guess there are some other weapons in that mold too - Malachi Corley is one... Malik Washington. And of course the elephant in the room - Malik Nabers. 

Good insight. The thing that’s concerning to me is with elite speed and, to use your words, being shifty, a big chunk of his production is while essentially standing still. To me that screams he’s an awful route runner. I haven’t watched much of him other than a game or two but given the stats you gave, he was either told to go long or catch a sideways pass. IMO good to great route running is a bigger and better advantage than straight line speed.

1 hour ago, G8R said:

Good insight. The thing that’s concerning to me is with elite speed and, to use your words, being shifty, a big chunk of his production is while essentially standing still. To me that screams he’s an awful route runner. I haven’t watched much of him other than a game or two but given the stats you gave, he was either told to go long or catch a sideways pass. IMO good to great route running is a bigger and better advantage than straight line speed.

I disagree that he's an awful route runner. In fact... I think I posted a graph the other day with the separation and he's the WRs that creates most separation on his routes in this draft class...

GK-LrJMWoAAd6ua?format=jpg&name=large

IMO the bigger problems with him are his inability to beat press-man when they manage to get their hands on him(it's why you will have to create some free releases for him(again... the motion will be needed, play him at Z and slot rather than X, etc). And his second problem is... contested catches... but that's kind of expected when you consider his size... he won't be contested catch receiver, he will need to be a receiver who wins on the field. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, stitches said:

I disagree that he's an awful route runner. In fact... I think I posted a graph the other day with the separation and he's the WRs that creates most separation on his routes in this draft class...

GK-LrJMWoAAd6ua?format=jpg&name=large

IMO the bigger problems with him are his inability to beat press-man when they manage to get their hands on him(it's why you will have to create some free releases for him(again... the motion will be needed, play him at Z and slot rather than X, etc). And his second problem is... contested catches... but that's kind of expected when you consider his size... he won't be contested catch receiver, he will need to be a receiver who wins on the field. 

Like I said I have watched very little of him. My opinion is based on info from a friend of mine who is a longhorn and the stats you posted. But to fair, that graph doesn’t paint a full picture. He’s always been the fastest guy on the field so having the most  separation, especially in a conference that isn’t really known for defense, is to be expected. The one thing the graph does represent is exactly what you have noted which is why I said you had a good analysis. He has to be wide open and not be jammed to be successful. Does that seem like that’s going to be the case in the NFL?

On 4/15/2024 at 11:53 AM, MikeCurtis said:

There is a wide wide range of views on Franklin

I think he should be a consideration at 46 (If we go DL or DB in round 1)

He’s a burner but not the burner that BTJ or Worthy are. However, he’s bigger than worthy. I think he can still stretch the field though, as he’s got more wiggle than Alec Pierce.

On 4/15/2024 at 3:34 PM, G8R said:

Like I said I have watched very little of him. My opinion is based on info from a friend of mine who is a longhorn and the stats you posted. But to fair, that graph doesn’t paint a full picture. He’s always been the fastest guy on the field so having the most  separation, especially in a conference that isn’t really known for defense, is to be expected. The one thing the graph does represent is exactly what you have noted which is why I said you had a good analysis. He has to be wide open and not be jammed to be successful. Does that seem like that’s going to be the case in the NFL?

He can run routes too. Thats TJ Tampa guarding him too, a guy who may be a 2nd round pick. He’s not just fast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

He can run routes too. Thats TJ Tampa guarding him too, a guy who may be a 2nd round pick. He’s not just fast.

QBs are labeled as “can’t make all the throws”. It doesn’t mean they’ve never made whatever throws they’re being accused of not being able to make. Baseball players are labeled as “can’t hit the curve”, doesn’t mean they’ve never hit a curve. It’s that they can’t do it at a consistent level.

My longhorn buddy is big in recruiting so has watch all his HS film as well as every second he’s played in college and would not want him in the first round. Not saying he is right, but when it comes to Texas football I trust his assessment. Just was trying to relay that info.

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2024/04/23/colts-host-south-carolina-wr-xavier-legette-on-top-30-pre-draft-visit/

Just now, krunk said:

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2024/04/23/colts-host-south-carolina-wr-xavier-legette-on-top-30-pre-draft-visit/

I always watch closely who the Colts sneak in during the week of the draft. The ones who it didn't seem they were paying attention to

Jinx you owe me a coke

• Like 2