Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Super Wild Card Weekend Games Thread

Happy2BeHere

2 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

In an era where NFL teams avoid selecting RB’s in the first round, the Lions did not hesitate at pick #12 to select Gibbs. They have stuck with their own plan.

I love what they are doing.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Lions got a lot of hate for a poor draft. 

The  experts do it for click-bait. Who knows how a player will do. So much luck is involved in sports.

LaPorta, Branch, Gibbs are all contributing.

• Like 1

I like Dan’s aggressiveness to go for it there…it was risky but man their offense has been clicking. Now, if this was the Colts in that situation I’d be yelling at Steichen to take the 3 points…our offense isn’t explosive like the lions.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Lions got a lot of hate for a poor draft. 

Do you know what the "experts" did not like about the draft? At least four of their draft picks are contributing. I forgot to mention Jack Campbell before (plus Gibbs, LaPorta, Brian Branch).

Just now, NFLfan said:

Do you know what the "experts" did not like about the draft? At least four of their draft picks are contributing. I forgot to mention Jack Campbell before (plus Gibbs, LaPorta, Brian Branch).

Taking a RB high. They also took a no name linebacker pretty high: people were asking what the heck they were doing.

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Taking a RB high. They also took a no name linebacker pretty high: people were asking what the heck they were doing.

The only linebacker they took was Jack Campbell. He was not a no name. Many had him going in the first round.

12 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

They took some no name line backer pretty high. Then taking a RB that high was crazy to a lot of fans and media. 

Yes, they got dinged for taking a RB high - according to some, But Jack Campbell was the 2022 Butkus Award winner as the best linebacker in college football.

Just now, NFLfan said:

The only linebacker they took was Jack Campbell. He was not a no name. Many had him going in the first round.

Still was not a name everyone was thinking should go that high. I don’t watch college football. I had never heard of him I just remember a lot of people saying it was way too high.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Still was not a name everyone was thinking should go that high. I don’t watch college football. I had never heard of him I just remember a lot of people saying it was way too high.

I don't remember that. I participated in mock drafts and Jack Campbell was highly rated.

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t think the Lions care what others say outside their own organization and are happy with the contributions of this draft class. They are after all finally in the playoffs.

• Like 1