Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Preview Colts at Falcons plus injury reports

Restinpeacesweetchloe

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Falcons have only allowed 5 touchdowns in their last 4 games. That Matt Gay injury could be big.

gay is very good not like him to miss , do we have another kicker who can kick xtra points on our tds hopefully all our scoring will be tds and zero field goal trys

3 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Falcons have only allowed 5 touchdowns in their last 4 games. That Matt Gay injury could be big.

Two of those games were against the Jets and Panthers , who are arguably the worst two offenses in the NFL. Against New Orleans , they gave up 5 Fgs and 450 yards of offense. Those 3 games resulted in one TD.  The other game was a loss to TB where the D gave up 29 points and 3 TD's.

What I'm trying to say here is this 4 game stretch was hardly a great performance by their defense. They also let Carolina march the length of the field and hit the chip shot game winning FG. 

For the 3rd week in a row , the betting line has reversed fro the Colts being favored to them being underdogs. I thought Vegas was correct moving the line to Cinn minus 3 and called it before it happened. Last seek I stated that I didn't understand why the Colts were only a 1 point favorites . This week I'm calling nonsense again. The line opened Colts minus 2 and is now ATL minus 1.5. I thought the line might go to 3 and made a big bet on Indy minus 2. I sure called it wrong and just made another wager at plus 1.5. I'm thinking that maybe the switch in QB's moved the line toward Atlanta. If given a choice , I would rather face Ridder. Plus I guess the oddsmakers feel ATL is home and a loss ends their playoff hopes. I on the other hand feel the Colts are the better team and are just playing better football than the Falcons. Pittman availability is IMO really key.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Two of those games were against the Jets and Panthers , who are arguably the worst two offenses in the NFL. Against New Orleans , they gave up 5 Fgs and 450 yards of offense. Those 3 games resulted in one TD.  The other game was a loss to TB where the D gave up 29 points and 3 TD's.

What I'm trying to say here is this 4 game stretch was hardly a great performance by their defense. They also let Carolina march the length of the field and hit the chip shot game winning FG. 

Very good point. I didn’t look who it was just saw the stat.  Joel Erickson today said the division being bad might have something to do with it too. Despite what looks like a good defense they are like 22 in DVOA. It was mentioned they have trouble closing out games.

23 minutes ago, dw49 said:

For the 3rd week in a row , the betting line has reversed fro the Colts being favored to them being underdogs. I thought Vegas was correct moving the line to Cinn minus 3 and called it before it happened. Last seek I stated that I didn't understand why the Colts were only a 1 point favorites . This week I'm calling nonsense again. The line opened Colts minus 2 and is now ATL minus 1.5. I thought the line might go to 3 and made a big bet on Indy minus 2. I sure called it wrong and just made another wager at plus 1.5. I'm thinking that maybe the switch in QB's moved the line toward Atlanta. If given a choice , I would rather face Ridder. Plus I guess the oddsmakers feel ATL is home and a loss ends their playoff hopes. I on the other hand feel the Colts are the better team and are just playing better football than the Falcons. Pittman availability is IMO really key.

I think some of the kind moving was Pittman injury and the possibility of no Taylor. My guess after Friday reports it goes back to colts if both play.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think some of the kind moving was Pittman injury and the possibility of no Taylor. My guess after Friday reports it goes back to colts if both play.

But when the opening line came out , the oddsmakers n=knew of the nasty hit Pitman took. If anything , he looks to have a slightly better chance of playing than he would have had on Sunday night. Plus Taylor has a way better chance of playing than he did when the line cak=me out at Indy -2.

4 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

I hope we get Smith back before the Raiders. That’s the last great pass rusher we’ll face.

That would be a good game to come back for. Falcons don’t really have much of a pass rush.  Although Freeland has struggled some he has been serviceable and not hurt them too much. Ballard really nailed that pick. He went and got someone for depth that had lots of experience in college playing both tackle spots. It might even turn out he will be the future RT after smith too.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dw49 said:

The line is dropping like a rock. Now the Colts are (+2 1/2 point) underdogs. Something seems fishy? This game has me worried. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

The line is dropping like a rock. Now the Colts are (+2 1/2 point) underdogs. Something seems fishy? This game has me worried. 

About an hour ago , I bet a 6 point teaser with Buffalo -6 and Indy plus 7.5. Like you say , the line jumped another point. I don't get it as today's news was good on Pitman and Taylor. So far I have the colts minus 2.5 for a big bet. Then colts minus 2.5 again for a smaller bet and now the teaser at 1.5. Looks like I took the worst of this by far. Line moving from minus 2.5 to plus 2.5 is a HUGE move. Yeah... smells like a dead fish for sure.