Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Another QB going home: Justin Herbert

VikingsFanInChennai

8 hours ago, King Colt said:

I can recall when backup QB's were another way of saying "the season is lost." Those days are gone forever.

Sure seems to be. 
I can’t think of any other year where we’ve had this many starting QBs taken out by injury and a lot of their backups injured. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Max Duggan is going to see the field down the stretch some so they can see where he is at in development. 

Max Duggan is a 3rd stringer, backing up Easton Stick, the primary backup behind Herbert. I doubt he takes the field unless Easton stinks or is injured.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chad72 said:

Max Duggan is a 3rd stringer, backing up Easton Stick, the primary backup behind Herbert. I doubt he takes the field unless Easton stinks or is injured.

Currently Max is 2nd string since Herbert has been declared out for the rest of the entire season. Stick has thrown 25 passes in this his 4th season (he has been 3rd string behind Chase Daniel and Tyrod Taylor) so while Stick will get the first shot and take most reps club will want to see what they have in Max (Hoping more then Stick has provided to date). Also keep in mind than Duggan's college WR's are both on the Chargers roster (Quentin Johnson and Darius Davis) and he has chemistry with both. 

https://bvmsports.com/2023/12/12/chargers-sign-max-duggan-as-backup-for-easton-stick-stick-to-start-against-raiders/

• Like 2

On 12/12/2023 at 5:22 PM, sb41champs said:

May God bless Justin Herbert as he recovers from his injury.

Praying he comes back next season to a new coaching staff who can work to his strengths as a QB.

If your a fan of Herbert, pray instead that he forces his way out from that losing franchise and plays with a team that has a history of winning and wisely uses his talent.

On 12/13/2023 at 5:58 AM, csmopar said:

Sure seems to be. 
I can’t think of any other year where we’ve had this many starting QBs taken out by injury and a lot of their backups injured. 

Me neither.   Wondering if anyone would take the time to compile some data.  Just seems like this year is very different.