Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is there a qb in the 2024 draft….

3 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

……. That you would trade AR for to move up and get? 

The Colts will likely be picking somewhere between 15-18.   Considering Ballard doesn’t like trading up one space in the first I think it’s safe to think there is no one he’s going to trade up to the top-3 for.  

The short answer is….  No.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

People blab about Calib Williams and Drake Maye. Michael Penix is the best QB by far coming out. He got robbed out the Heisman as well.

Penix throws with great anticipation and IMO, The Seahawks would be a great fit for him. Might be a blessing he didn't win the Heisman. How many Heisman winning QBs have been starters on teams that won a SB in the last 2 decades? The last one I remember is an RB named Reggie Bush. 

There isn't a QB in the draft that I would trade AR for, but there are a few QBs I wouldn't mind picking as insurance / backup to AR and replace Minshew.  Minshew has been better than I thought he would be, but I think we can get someone with a better future.  Cameron Ward comes to mind for me.  He has been very accurate at every place he's played, throws TDs and very few INTs.  Can scramble, but is more of a pocket QB.  Nix, Maye, Williams, and even Penix would require an early round pick (most likely a 1st), while I think we could get Ward in the 4th.  JMO

On 12/11/2023 at 9:54 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

People blab about Calib Williams and Drake Maye. Michael Penix is the best QB by far coming out. He got robbed out the Heisman as well.

Penix is not close to the same category of a prospect than Williams or Maye. 

And to say he was robbed of the Heisman is over the top. He had a strong case but so did Daniels.  

16 hours ago, IndyColtsFan411 said:

There isn't a QB in the draft that I would trade AR for, but there are a few QBs I wouldn't mind picking as insurance / backup to AR and replace Minshew.  Minshew has been better than I thought he would be, but I think we can get someone with a better future.  Cameron Ward comes to mind for me.  He has been very accurate at every place he's played, throws TDs and very few INTs.  Can scramble, but is more of a pocket QB.  Nix, Maye, Williams, and even Penix would require an early round pick (most likely a 1st), while I think we could get Ward in the 4th.  JMO

Ward is staying in college, in transfer portal and likely headed down here in Florida becoming a Nole.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jskinnz said:

Penix is not close to the same category of a prospect than Williams or Maye. 

And to say he was robbed of the Heisman is over the top. He had a strong case but so did Daniels.  

Penix deserved Heisman. He ran a pro-style offense beautifully, put up great numbers in crunch time and he beat 5 teams ranked in the top 20, including Oregon twice. Your opinion is your opinion but imo Penix got screwed. I guess winning means nothing to that voting panel.

As far as Williams goes, I watched most of his games this year and I watched Penix all year too. Unlike most people I pay attention to what goes on West. Penix looked better to me. Penix reminds me of Stroud.

• Like 1