Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 04/27 - Draft Rounds 2 & 3

sb41champs

ROUND 2 - pass catching TE !! Since the "Thank You Dallas" sign appeared on Lucas Oil Stadium - dashing my hopes that the Colts might bring back Dallas Clark at a more "cap friendly" number - I'd like to see the Colts select Stanford TE Coby Fleener !! No brainer as he was one of Andrew Luck's targets at Stanford !!

ROUND 3 - Cornerback !! Hopefully there is a stud cornerback left in the 3rd round - if not - a stud D-tackle wouldn't hurt my feelings !!

34th pick: WR Alshon Jeffrey - SC, DB Janoris Jenkins - N. Ala, DT Devon Still - Penn St or DT Jerel Worthy from MSU. All four are studs with tremendous upside. I can't believe all of them made it out of the first round. Jerel Worthy in particular I felt was as dominant a DT as anyone in the draft, including Brockers, Poe, and Cox. Fleener would also be a solid choice, especially given his repitiore with Andrew Luck.

3rd round: If we don't take Jeffrey in round 2, there will probably be plenty of capable WRs left on the board. Sanu (Rutgers), Hill (Ga Tech), Fuller (Texas A&M) or Givens (Wake Forrest) all warrant a 3rd round pick. Jordan White from Western Michigan is my ultimate sleeper pick. Doesn't have elite size or speed, but he was as productive as ANYONE in college ball last year. His bowl performance 14 + rec. for 250+ yards and 2 TDs was the exclamation point on his spectacular college career. He has 6 years college experience so he is most definitely NFL ready, and he is a very Reggie Wayne-esque player who could make an immediate impact.

Decisions decisions decisions....