NFLfan

Colts at Panthers  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Colts
    • Panthers
    • Tie

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/2023 at 06:15 PM

2 hours ago, chickenMan said:

Frank seems like a genuinely great person. I know he’s a pastor, and if he ever gets tired of football, I’ll wager he’d be great at that. He seems very kind and considerate and inspiring. Unfortunately, you need waaaay more than high character to be a successful NFL coach

elite players can make any coach look great coaches dont win games elite talent does, 

39 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Nope. Stetson Bennett does though.  

I can’t for the life of me see in Young why anyone thought he was a big QB prospect.  Yardage and TDs in college sometimes doesn’t matter and the number of guys who put up huge college stats but aren’t really NFL talent is prodigious.

But the kid is tiny.  Doesn’t have any outstanding athletic talent for an NFL player.

and man he just isn’t able to throw very hard lol from what I’ve seen.

im guessing Chad Pennington/Bobby Hebert ceiling at the absolute most and that’s if he develops into a great reader/reacter.  Both Pennington and Hebert were able to be decent for a while with arm strength that is less than the usual minimal threshold for NFL QBs.

young’s balls just take longer to get there than I’m used to seeing in the NFL.  I do not understand how he was selected so high.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t think they are going to pass better. Minshew is who he is. So only way is to get the run going.

If you are a backup in the NFL you should be able to pass with 5 vs 4 when they have 5 vs 7 at the line playing the run.

Just now, Nickster said:

I can’t for the life of me in Young why anyone thought he was a big QB prospect.  Yardage and TDs in college sometimes doesn’t matter and the number of guys who put up huge college stats but aren’t really NFL talent is prodigious.

But the kid is tiny.  Doesn’t have any outstanding athletic talent for an NFL player.

im guessing Chad Pennington/Bobby Hebert ceiling at the absolute most and that’s if he develops into a great reader/reacter.  Both Pennington and Hebert were able to be decent for a while with arm strength that is less than the usual minimal threshold for NFL QBs.

young’s balls just take longer to get there than I’m used to seeing in the NFL.  I do not understand how he was selected so high.

I see Chad Pennington exactly when I see him, good comparison 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Nickster said:

I can’t for the life of me in Young why anyone thought he was a big QB prospect.  Yardage and TDs in college sometimes doesn’t matter and the number of guys who put up huge college stats but aren’t really NFL talent is prodigious.

I think teams were simply looking at whatever qb did the most mahomes things in college and ignored basic stuff

And he didn’t have to test.  It’s like nobody even bothered to ask if he had the basic physicality to play

1 minute ago, Nickster said:

i thought he was too tiny, cant believe carolina did not pick stroud now the texans have the best qb in our division

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

I think teams were simply looking at whatever qb did the most mahomes things in college and ignored basic stuff

And he didn’t have to test.  It’s like nobody even bothered to ask if he had the basic physicality to play

Yep.  No combine lol.  

• Like 1

Just now, OLD FAN MAN said:

i thought he was too tiny, cant believe carolina did not pick stroud now the texans have the best qb in our division

They traded up right after stroud lit up the combine throwing iirc 

And when young weighed 210 at 5’10”.  That’s all he did for predraft workouts iirc.

Young might turn out okay.  But the whole process was weird. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I see Chad Pennington exactly when I see him, good comparison 

Pennington was a legit NFL starter for a while and had a couple of pretty good years, but he was great at reading and anticipation and I don’t know if you remember Hebert but he was the same way.  Ultimately neither had the arm strength to keep playing.

And I haven’t seen anything like that reading/anticipation from young.  He is arookie though and this was his strength I think according to scouting reports, so it could develop.  But man that pick looks bad.

They need to pick a QB 1st next year but traded their 1st for young.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

They traded up right after stroud lit up the combine throwing iirc 

And when young weighed 210 at 5’10”.  That’s all he did for predraft workouts iirc.

Young might turn out okay.  But the whole process was weird. 

After young weighed in he went and took a leak as long as that Mackenzie brother put out that fire at Elsinore brewery.

strange brew priorities GIF by Warner Archive

19 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I can’t for the life of me see in Young why anyone thought he was a big QB prospect.  Yardage and TDs in college sometimes doesn’t matter and the number of guys who put up huge college stats but aren’t really NFL talent is prodigious.

I’ve noticed that when he throws, he kind of has to put his entire body into just to generate enough force to get it downfield. Almost like a baseball pitcher. That can’t be sustainable as a QB…

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

I’ve noticed that when he throws, he kind of has to put his entire body into just to generate enough force to get it downfield. Almost like a baseball pitcher. That can’t be sustainable as a QB…

Yep.  And even then it still isn’t an NFL looking throw.

Just now, Nickster said:

Yep.  And even then it still isn’t an NFL looking throw.

No… no unfortunately for him it isn’t. Velocity is very important when every defender is fast, regardless of position. Even the average joe backs are quick enough to snatch ducks. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

I wouldn't say that, Trevor Lawrence is a veteran QB who won our division & a playoff game last season, and has a better than average chance of winning the AFC South again in this one.

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Why do you feel the need to decide a guys career based on half a season?   

Why do you feel the need to question his assessment on an open forum message board as if he’s done something wrong.

We get it NCF.  He’s a rookie.  

Ok you never need to make that point ever again.

23 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Why do you feel the need to question his assessment on an open forum message board as if he’s done something wrong.

We get it NCF.  He’s a rookie.  

Ok you never need to make that point ever again.

Why do you feel the need to ever talk to me?    It’s a waste of both our time.   

If you want to support a poster who makes a bad argument, be my guest.  We both know the main reason to defend that post is so you can try to annoy me.  Nice try. 

You don’t like me or respect me.   Believe me when I say the feeling is mutual.  Go shop elsewhere. 

21 hours ago, RollerColt said:

A pyrrhic victory is self damaging. “Win the battle lose the war” type of stuff. I would constitute our win against Tennessee as pyrrhic considering we won but lost Anthony for the year. 

Tell me again when it comes to 2024 draft position how this win was helpful. Or, do you still think we are going far in the playoffs?

Cue Jim Mora's infamous rant ...

1 minute ago, CoachLite said:

Tell me again when it comes to 2024 draft position how this win was helpful. Or, do you still think we are going far in the playoffs?

Cue Jim Mora's infamous rant ...

Giving up kills a locker room. You think the players give a % about draft position?

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Giving up kills a locker room. You think the players give a % about draft position?

In most sports, you are either winning or learning. At this stage, if we are learning that's what we need to be doing. If we win while learning, I'm fine with that, but so far - every ***** week - I see the same soft defense giving up miles to weak teams. We seem to have perfected our weak defense. Drives me crazy. If it weren't for the talent of a few of our players in making turnovers ... nevermind.

3 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

In most sports, you are either winning or learning. At this stage, if we are learning that's what we need to be doing. If we win while learning, I'm fine with that, but so far - every ***** week - I see the same soft defense giving up miles to weak teams. We seem to have perfected our weak defense. Drives me crazy. If it weren't for the talent of a few of our players in making turnovers ... nevermind.

Can’t control what the team does my man… I don’t like Gus’s scheme at all. Not even a little. But it’s what the team will be doing the rest of the way. 

22 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

I wouldn't say that, Trevor Lawrence is a veteran QB who won our division & a playoff game last season, and has a better than average chance of winning the AFC South again in this one.

cant believe i forgot about trevor you are right he ranks at the top in our division

• NFLfan unfeatured and locked this topic