Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

last in afc south

OLD FAN MAN

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Did you start that thread?  I think all 4 would be a better discussion.

Come to think of it,  TEN didn't even activate Levis until this week I think.  So there would have been no reason to discuss him.  But now there seems to be.

I would start it but it would be merged. It would be easier for a MOD just to change the title and add Levis.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think you are way wrong. Lenny's thread alone of dissing AR was the most ridiculous thread maybe ever in here. Why is not ok for me to say I think AR will be better than all the rookies when he gets healthy, but it is perfectly fine for people in here to say Stroud or Levis will be? Makes no sense. It is like my opinion doesn't matter. 

Oh, I don't pay attention to all threads.  I probably thought it was off base so I probably substantially ignored it.

Who is telling you that its not ok for you to say that AR will be better than all of the rookies?  And how many people have said that Levis will be better than AR lately?

You exaggerate stuff so much I can't even follow the convo much of the time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

Because Stroud HAS been good? How is that wrong?

Levis had a good first game? How is that wrong?

Some wanted those guys and see their performances as vindication. It is what it is. No one is crowning them or calling them all-pro. You’re the one calling them Stauback and Marino, no one else. 

I wonder, did Montana not have bad games? Whether you want to admit it or not Purdy has been really good. 

Calm down. Your homer is showing…

Even if AR throws for 300 yards and 3 TD's and rushes for 2 TD's on opening day next year, I won't be vindicated of nothing. I will be happy that is about it. I want to see him play good for a whole season. See the difference? I doubt it?

10 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

It could get worse for Colts fans.

What if Levis comes out in the Titans game and throws for 350+ yards and 3 touchdowns and torches the Colts defense ?

What will the reaction on this board be ?

Same as always, still having something to gripe about. That won't change, lol :) 

Hey, there are 31 unhappy teams every year, the levels of unhappiness just varies from year to year with each fanbase, for various reasons. Being healthy and throwing 28 INTs for a 3-13 record for Peyton in Year 1 seems like a distant memory now. If a 6-11 record (say Colts record at the end of the year) is followed by a 11-6 record in year 2 of AR, everyone will forget. Winning is the magic elixir. :) 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Because Stroud HAS been good? How is that wrong?

Levis had a good first game? How is that wrong?

Some wanted those guys and see their performances as vindication. It is what it is. No one is crowning them or calling them all-pro. You’re the one calling them Stauback and Marino, no one else. 

I wonder, did Montana not have bad games? Whether you want to admit it or not Purdy has been really good. 

Calm down. Your homer is showing…

Stroud has been good for 7 games. Ok we agree. Levis has been great for 1 game, we agree. 

Actually Stroud was bad yesterday, but I am done with talking about this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Even if AR throws for 300 yards and 3 TD's and rushes for 2 TD's on opening day next year, I won't be vindicated of nothing. I will be happy that is about it. I want to see him play good for a whole season. See the difference? I doubt it?

So, uh, you’ll be happy if AR is great?…. Every Colts fan will be happy if AR is great? Make it make sense…

So, uh, you’ll be happy if AR is great?…. Every Colts fan will be happy if AR is great? Make it make sense…

You simply aren't understanding my points, so I am done here. Why is it 95% of people in here get my points and most agree with me but you rarely do. I don't think that is a ME problem looking at my track record in here. I seem to have a problem getting my points across with you, Doug, and Moose almost every day and that is about it. Strange. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You simply aren't understanding my points, so I am done here. Why is it 95% of people in here get my points and most agree with me but you rarely do. I don't think that is a ME problem looking at my track record in here. I seem to have a problem getting my points across with you, Doug, and Moose almost every day and that is about it. Strange. 

I just can’t navigate your exaggerations, hyperbole, strawman arguments and lately the conspiracy theories. Done. Can’t be bothered anymore. 

• Thanks 1

I just can’t navigate your exaggerations, hyperbole, strawman arguments and lately the conspiracy theories. Done. Can’t be bothered anymore. 

Good, don't let the door knob hit you in the rear end on the way out. I have over 20 followers and get along with 99% of people in here. At least my blood pressure will be better now.

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Stroud has been good for 7 games. Ok we agree. Levis has been great for 1 game, we agree. 

I think you are the one reading too much into early games, then projecting it on others.  Can you say that AR has been great for 0 "games" ?

16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ballard and Lynch both became GM's of their teams in 2017. Everyone thinks Lynch walks on water, he has the same amount of SB wins that Ballard has = 0. That is the bottom-line. Lynch's downfall is the same as Ballard's, he doesn't have the QB to get it done. If anyone thinks Brock Purdy is going to hold up the Lombardi, I have swamp land in Mississippi I will sell you for a million dollars tomorrow. Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

Would you rather have the 49ers roster or the colts ? To me it’s obvious the 49ers roster is way better . Lynch screwed up on getting a Qb and it might be his downfall but to me he has drafted better than Ballard . 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, smittywerb said:

I think it’s a combination of things that has led to where we are now:

- ARs injury:  AR looked good and him going down for the year took away one of 2 dynamic players on the offense.  It hasn’t derailed the team on offense luckily but I can’t help but think some of these games AR would get us a W.  Especially the ones with turnovers from the QB position.

- CB injuries:  we knew going into the year the defenses achilles heel would be pass defense.  Losing rodgers, not having brents,  not having good depth (ballards fault), and the scheme (Gus fault), has made the problem worse.  

- Rookie HC:  I like Shane and what I’m about to say is not me saying he’s bad, because I think he’s good.  But he’s learning on the fly.  He’s made some mistakes this year and called some unbalanced games.  Take a field goal here, punt there, run some more this game, and we might have one or two more wins.  As I said in another thread, as long as he learns from the mistakes and continue to develop, he’ll be fine. 

now to Ballard:  He hasn’t built the best roster, but he hasn’t built the worst roster either.  I will say, not going out and getting a true number one, not getting elite talent to improve the pass rush, not ensuring depth at the corner position and trying to improve it after losing rodgers, I place solely on him because his lack of action and urgency when it comes to team needs at prime positions is something that has been consistent with him.

So do I think us being in last place is all his fault, no.  But he holds some of the blame.   

Some of the blame???????? Here is the way i see. Lets say a qb is drafted #1 overall and then in like 3 years he has a below 500 record. Does he take some of the blame? Sure, he does but I bet the organization probably did not support him with talent to make him a better player and the coaching was probably poor.  Now to Ballard. He is the man. He drafts the players and he has so far hired 3 coaches and I am including the mess that is Daniels. He was the one that wanted this defensive scheme and 2 coaches have been hired to fit his defense and it hasn't worked. He has not  built a good defense even though he has spent tons of assets on the Dline.  He has not gifted this organization with any elite players at premium positions after 7 years .U see, the qb is one of the ingredients that goes into a meal in hopes of making it a special dish.  In Ballard's case, he is the main chef that puts all these ingredients (Coaching, acquiring players etc.) into the food in trying to make a winning dish. What are left with is a meal with no spice and rather bland. At this point, I wouldn't even trust him to make Kraft dinner. Thats a simple as I can say it!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

Would you rather have the 49ers roster or the colts ? To me it’s obvious the 49ers roster is way better . Lynch screwed up on getting a Qb and it might be his downfall but to me he has drafted better than Ballard . 

49ers have a better roster (nobody is arguing that) but what good will it do them without a good QB? So far Purdy has shown signs of being good-great but the last 3 weeks he hasn't. The goal is to win the SB. 

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

I think you are the one reading too much into early games, then projecting it on others.  Can you say that AR has been great for 0 "games" ?

Actually, I thought AR was playing great at Houston before he got that concussion, but I wasn't in here saying he was Lamar Jackson or even great overall because of 1 game. It really doesn't matter. We will find out next year who is better between Stroud, Levis, AR, and Young. Can't really judge AR fully because he is out. When he was in, I thought he played above average which is respectable. If AR gets injured again so be it, maybe we have to look elsewhere. Maybe Stroud and Levis go on to have great career's. I won't hate, I won't like it because they both are in our division but if they do, kudos to them.

43 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Some of the blame???????? Here is the way i see. Lets say a qb is drafted #1 overall and then in like 3 years he has a below 500 record. Does he take some of the blame? Sure, he does but I bet the organization probably did not support him with talent to make him a better player and the coaching was probably poor.  Now to Ballard. He is the man. He drafts the players and he has so far hired 3 coaches and I am including the mess that is Daniels. He was the one that wanted this defensive scheme and 2 coaches have been hired to fit his defense and it hasn't worked. He has not  built a good defense even though he has spent tons of assets on the Dline.  He has not gifted this organization with any elite players at premium positions after 7 years .U see, the qb is one of the ingredients that goes into a meal in hopes of making it a special dish.  In Ballard's case, he is the main chef that puts all these ingredients (Coaching, acquiring players etc.) into the food in trying to make a winning dish. What are left with is a meal with no spice and rather bland. At this point, I wouldn't even trust him to make Kraft dinner. Thats a simple as I can say it!!!

I agree with everything you said.  Only reason why I said some because we don’t know every detail of what goes on behind the scene.  Like, we don’t know if he’s on Gus about not being aggressive on defense or if he’s leaving it up to Shane.  So can’t really put a percentage on it ya know.  But at the end of the day, I agree, he is indeed the one who will be held liable because he is ultimately the creator of what has happened.  

Im honestly ready to cut ties with him.  I doubt we’ll be aggressive this trade deadline and it sucks because there a viable options out there might not cost us first round pick but I know Ballard isn’t going to pull the trigger

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Actually, I thought AR was playing great at Houston before he got that concussion, but I wasn't in here saying he was Lamar Jackson or even great overall because of 1 game. It really doesn't matter. We will find out next year who is better between Stroud, Levis, AR, and Young. Can't really judge AR fully because he is out. When he was in, I thought he played above average which is respectable. If AR gets injured again so be it, maybe we have to look elsewhere. Maybe Stroud and Levis go on to have great career's. I won't hate, I won't like it because they both are in our division but if they do, kudos to them.

I think the idea of who is better is more personally important to you than many of the folks you tangle with.  Any discussion about the success of comparable QBs seems to be taken more personally by you than what was intended.  Jmo.  

I don’t think next season will be the end of their development.  I wouldn’t get concerned about who is better through next year either.  

18 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think the idea of who is better is more personally important to you than many of the folks you tangle with.  Any discussion about the success of comparable QBs seems to be taken more personally by you than what was intended.  Jmo.  

I don’t think next season will be the end of their development.  I wouldn’t get concerned about who is better through next year either.  

Your 1st sentence is comical. No. I will leave it at that. You just like to nitpick everything I say and then try to stir something up that isn't there. You, Moose, and Solid do the same crap everyday with me. I have at least 100 other posters in here that pretty much respect my opinion and most agree with me on things, so I am not going to lose sleep over what 4 or 5 people think about me. I have nothing personal against you guys, this is just a chat room but it is always the same ol' crap with around 4 or 5 people in here that I can't relate too. I won't name the other 2 people that do the same thing. It is trolling 1 person without being an overall troll. Thing is I am smarter than a lot of people, so I don't fall for childish games. Everyone has their takes, and it would be boring if everyone was the same. That is a forum for you. 

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Your 1st sentence is comical. No. I will leave it at that. You just like to nitpick everything I say and then try to stir something up that isn't there. You, Moose, and Solid do the same crap everyday with me. I have at least 100 other posters in here that pretty much respect my opinion and most agree with me on things, so I am not going to lose sleep over what 4 or 5 people think about me. I have nothing personal against you guys, this is just a chat room but it is always the same ol' crap with around 4 or 5 people in here that I can't relate too. I won't name the other 2 people that do the same thing. It is trolling 1 person without being an overall troll. Thing is I am smarter than a lot of people, so I don't fall for childish games. Everyone has their takes, and it would be boring if everyone was the same. That is a forum for you. 

I don’t stir things up.  I think you do that on your own.   Talking football is not a personal thing.  So it beats me as to why someone would get upset when someone posts that  Levis had a great first game and discusses it a bit longer.  

The rest of your post is about you.  I don’t have anything to say about that.  

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

I don’t stir things up.  I think you do that on your own.   Talking football is not a personal thing.  So it beats me as to why someone would get upset when someone posts that  Levis had a great first game and discusses it a bit longer.  

The rest of your post is about you.  I don’t have anything to say about that.  

homer simpson shrug GIF

4 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

It could get worse for Colts fans.

What if Levis comes out in the Titans game and throws for 350+ yards and 3 touchdowns and torches the Colts defense ?

What will the reaction on this board be ?

Considering the state of this defense 350 yards and  3TDs+ is very likely. Seems like a great spot for a young QB to gain some confidence... look out Colt fans.

• Like 2