Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 NBA, Pacers and all NBA talk

Ok my predictions now are definitely different from what I had at the beginning of the season. I had Bucks over Nuggets 4-3 in the Finals before the season. Giannis is gimpy, Doc Rivers can't coach his way out of a paper bag (he wasn't the coach when the season began) so a lot has changed, and I think the Pacers beat them. 

I am in a pool at work for $100 dollars between 3 other people (4 people total). My picks are:

Eastern Conference

My Playin game picks = Bulls over Hawks, Heat over Sixers, Sixers over Bulls. 

1st Round

#1 Celtics vs #8 Sixers = Celtics 4-2

#4 Cavs vs #5 Magic = Cavs 4-3

#2 Knicks vs #7 Heat = Heat 4-3

#3 Bucks vs #6 Pacers = Pacers 4-2

2nd Round

#1 Celtics vs #4 Cavs = Celtics 4-2

#6 Pacers vs #7 Heat = Pacers 4-3

Eastern Conference Finals

#1 Celtics vs #6 Pacers = unfortunately I went Celtics 4-2

Eastern Champion = Celtics

Western Conference

My playin game picks = Warriors over Kings, Pelicans over Lakers, Lakers over Warriors. Lakers are going to lose to the Pelicans after blowing them out on Sunday. Strategy comes into play now because they will avoid the Nuggets, then the Lakers will beat the Warriors to get the 8th seed.

1st Round

#1 Thunder vs #8 Lakers = Lakers 4-2 - my mini upset.

#4 Clippers vs #5 Mavs = Mavs 4-3 (This series could go either way)?

#2 Nuggets vs #7 Pelicans = Nuggets 4-1

#3 Wolves vs #6 Suns = Suns 4-2

2nd Round

#5 Mavs vs #8 Lakers = Lakers 4-3

#2 Nuggets vs #6 Suns = Nuggets 4-2

Western Conference Finals

#2 Nuggets vs #8 Lakers = Nuggets 4-2. Lakers put up a better fight this year.

Western Champ = Nuggets

Finals = Nuggets vs Celtics = Nuggets 4-2, they Repeat!

• Like 2

Lakers

Kings

76ers

Bulls in the play-in. 

I wanted the Bucks. I want Giannis to play every game. No excuses.  We went 4-1 against them this season BEFORE we added Siakam. I’m ready for this series and I think we pull it out. We match up well against them. 

• Like 3

I will do my re-parings once the playin games are over. That is what we are doing at work too. This playin has been wild, @Yoshinatorhow do you feel about taking on a Lakers team that didn't try to avoid you? AD and Lebron are both healthy too, does that scare you? The Lakers have now quietly won 12 of 15 games to end the season + the playin win. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will do my re-parings once the playin games are over. That is what we are doing at work too. This playin has been wild, @Yoshinatorhow do you feel about taking on a Lakers team that didn't try to avoid you? AD and Lebron are both healthy too, does that scare you? The Lakers have now quietly won 12 of 15 games to end the season + the playin win. 

I feel the league may try to rig the series for the Lakers. Didn't want to have this matchup. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Yoshinator said:

I feel the league may try to rig the series for the Lakers. Didn't want to have this matchup. 

I have a sick feeling, the Lakers may win this somehow. They are killing everyone over the last 3 weeks. Pacers did beat them recently though haha . The only other 2 games they lost was because AD and LeBron sat out vs the Wolves and Warriors. Denver has owned them and Coach Malone says his team owns them, I heard AD talking today and he said he wants major revenge. That is all, he and LeBron talked about in the off season was playing Denver again.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have a sick feeling, the Lakers may win this somehow. They are killing everyone over the last 3 weeks. Pacers did beat them recently though haha . The only other 2 games they lost was because AD and LeBron sat out vs the Wolves and Warriors. Denver has owned them and Coach Malone says his team owns them, I heard AD talking today and he said he wants major revenge. That is all, he and LeBron talked about in the off season was playing Denver again.

Yep, the narrative would be that the Lakers were on a hot streak and the Nuggets ran into them at the wrong time. In reality, I don't trust the refs or the league when it comes to the Lakers and Lebron James. He is still the poster boy of the league.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Like what 45 free throws for the Lakers while they only commit 6 fouls all game.

I can't stand it....

Can't wait till I can actually be a Laker fan again? Idk, might not ever happen, just not the same aura anymore, doubt it returns.

Definitely pulling for the Nuggets.

I thought there was a chance the Lakers would try and tank to avoid Denver, but it would've been risky.

Sabonis has never lost to Anthony Davis, and never know with Warriors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, w87r said:

Like what 45 free throws for the Lakers while they only commit 6 fouls all game.

I can't stand it....

Can't wait till I can actually be a Laker fan again? Idk, might not ever happen, just not the same aura anymore, doubt it returns.

Definitely pulling for the Nuggets.

I thought there was a chance the Lakers would try and tank to avoid Denver, but it would've been risky.

Sabonis has never lost to Anthony Davis, and never know with Warriors.

I can't believe LeBron is still this great. He is a walking TDB machine; AD is a monster on the Boards and his defense is relentless. 

If you believe in conspiracy theories here is the best one: =

The league wants LeBron to end up with more Championships than Steph, it 4-4 right now. The league and media want LeBron to tie Magic and Kobe with 5 rings so he can be more legit in the GOAT argument with Jordan who has 6. 

Re-do, now we have the actual matchups, at work the 4 of us decided just to make predictions round to round. Still $100 on it. The person that gets a series right gets 1 point - you get a point for each series predicted right. Picking the NBA Champion right, you get 3 points. In any series, if you pick the exact outcome in terms of games, you get an extra point as well, like saying a team will win 4-3 and if that is correct, you get an extra point.

East

#1 Celtics vs #8 Heat (Celtics 4-1)

#4 Cavs vs #5 Magic (Cavs 4-3)

#2 Knicks vs #7 Philly (Philly 4-2)

#3 Bucks vs #6 Pacers (Pacers 4-2)

West

#1 Thunder vs # 8 Pelicans (Thunder 4-2)

#4 Clippers vs #5 Mavs (Mavs 4-3)

#2 Nuggets vs #7 Lakers (Nuggs 4-3)

#3 Wolves vs #6 Suns (Suns 4-2)

29 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

What the # is this game?

This was the Haliburton I was worried would show up.

He literally is allowing them to take him out of the game.

• Like 1

And then it was 20 again.

Not stressing too much, missed a lot of open shots.

Haliburton has to not allow the other team to take him out of the game.

McConnell 13 shots to Haliburton 5 shots right now....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not the result I expected, that was bad. Game 2 is a must win now, have to split in the 1st 2 to have a chance. Road teams that lose the 1st 2 games, lose 90% of all series. Can't fall behind 2-0. 

Game 2 is tomorrow night.   You are right, they must win it.  Really blew it yesterday.  I watched just a little bit, but the Pacers were shooting quick bad shots the whole time I watched.  

• Like 1

Haliburton literally checked out early with Beverly on him.

Just sat back and watched Nembhard and McConnell run the offense.

He needs to be more aggressive plain and simple.

I think we are fine, we didn't lose because they had us locked up, we just missed a lot of shots we normally hit. Wide open looks.

If Haliburton comes out and plays soft like that again, this series is likely over. Seen it too many times this year. Gave him a break when he was working his way back from injury but your supposed to be the guy. BE THE GUY.

Portis got them all shook. Need to have Johnson go out there and give him a round house or something, set him straight.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2024 at 11:50 AM, w87r said:

Haliburton literally checked out early with Beverly on him.

Just sat back and watched Nembhard and McConnell run the offense.

He needs to be more aggressive plain and simple.

I think we are fine, we didn't lose because they had us locked up, we just missed a lot of shots we normally hit. Wide open looks.

If Haliburton comes out and plays soft like that again, this series is likely over. Seen it too many times this year. Gave him a break when he was working his way back from injury but your supposed to be the guy. BE THE GUY.

Portis got them all shook. Need to have Johnson go out there and give him a round house or something, set him straight.

We live and die by the 3-point shot and couldn't hit a Bulls behind with a bass fiddle on Sunday. Haliburton can play the Magic Johnson role as in 20 points, 12 assists, 8 rebounds and let's say make 3 of 4 3s. His 20 along with 3 3s or so will go a long way if he gets everyone involved efficiently. Efficient is the key word to allow Pascal, Turner, McConnell, and Nembhard to have open 3 looks and we knock them down (Pascal more inside from his passes). We have to win tonight because almost nobody comes back from 0-2. It has happened but not much. We win tonight, it is a 50/50 series from there + we get HCA. 

LeBron  is too much.

Literally complaining about a foul in the 3rd quarter....

How about owning the fact you missed a wide open shot(no one within 14') to take the lead at the end of the game.

Have a +600 FT differential more than the 2nd highest team. 900(ish) - 300(ish), over the last 2 seasons.

+900 something more FTs than your opponents in 2 years... Crazy, this guy is unbelievable.

• Like 3

Looked good tonight 

Defense.playes really good ball in that 2nd half.

Carlisle tightened up the rotation running Toppin at the 5.

Pascal is just in beast mode.

Haliburton played better, but an still play better.

1-1 Pacers, the series has officially started.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Myles said:

What happened to the Pacers.  I watched a bit of the 3rd and they were up 17 points so I figured I'd click back for the end.  Now they are going to OT.

They went cold from deep but just kept letting them fly. 

The game shouldn’t have gone to OT. We were up by 3 with 5 seconds to go. Instead of fouling Lopez or Middleton for 2 and getting the ball back with a 1 point lead and a less than 2 on the clock they let Middleton hit a big 3. 

And it’s frustrating because it’s not the first time this season they’ve done some stupid % like that. Not even the first time this month. 

• Like 1

We dodged a bullet tonight. Middleton was getting lucky with some deep shots from 3. Lillard and Middleton both had gigantic games. In the end, it was too much Haliburton. Haliburton with the game winner in OT! Pacers when critical Game 3 and are now up 2-1. In all series ever played in NBA history, teams that are up 2-1 go on to win 77% of the time. 

The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

46 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We dodged a bullet tonight. Middleton was getting lucky with some deep shots from 3. Lillard and Middleton both had gigantic games. In the end, it was too much Haliburton. Haliburton with the game winner in OT! Pacers when critical Game 3 and are now up 2-1. In all series ever played in NBA history, teams that are up 2-1 go on to win 77% of the time. 

The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

I wonder what that percentage drops to when the series underdog is up 2-1.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

1 game at a time, this is a long journey for us, a marathon not a sprint and it is about protecting your home court. So far we have done that, Bucks have a great team so I know come Sunday they will come out guns a blazin, so we have to be ready.

Yeah going to be a battle. Still don't think Giannis gets back for the series. Need to get it over in 5 and reduce the chances

• Like 2

Just now, Myles said:

Hoping the Lakers are swept tonight.  I guess a heat win would be good.  I don't have anything in the other 2 games today.  

Lakers are toast down 0-3 and I can't stand Boston, never like them going back to the 80's. I respected Bird, and he is from Indiana, but Magic was my guy back then. Boston to me has always had teams that play dirty from the 80's to the Garnett/Pierce/Perkins days in 2008-2010. Tatum is overrated bigtime and chokes every year. 

46 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lakers are toast down 0-3 and I can't stand Boston, never like them going back to the 80's. I respected Bird, and he is from Indiana, but Magic was my guy back then. Boston to me has always had teams that play dirty from the 80's to the Garnett/Pierce/Perkins days in 2008-2010. Tatum is overrated bigtime and chokes every year. 

I'd root for the Celtics over the Lakers any day.  Not this year if it would clear the path for the Pacers a bit.  A Laker sweep would be great since LeBron said he was bringing it all this playoffs.