Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

1 minute ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

Agree with the statements above.  I've come to the realization that Taylor will no longer be with this team unfortunately...  Rather wait on an interview with Taylor before coming to a conclusion on what to even think about this whole thing

Taylor will cave. He has even less leverage than he did hours ago. The issue is now, with a failed physical, no team will trade for him. They can’t. So looks like Taylor should have just shut up and played out his contract with the Colts

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

There’s an unofficial code among NFL players.   Don’t begrudge another player for trying to get his money.   I assure you, the vast majority of players quietly support JT over the Colts even if they don’t say so publicly.  

Because if the Colts can do this to Taylor, one of the best and most popular players on the team, then they can do this to any player.   No player is safe. 

I don’t think this is the same he doesn’t deserve it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I don’t think zack understands here that all Taylor has to do is complain his back hurts and tell a story. There is really no proof needed other then that is my guess.

Yeah, he seems to be out of the loop here

Clearly Taylor came in complaining about it. Not some made up thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Wonder if Taylor could be fined for lying about an injury.

It’d be tough to prove 

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I will say this let’s say his injury was real. Ballard and Irsay did him a favor by putting him on pup so he could keep getting paid.

Yep and then he turned on them. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There is really only one way this can be solved between Taylor and the colts that leads to Taylor still playing here.  He would have to fire his agent and get a new one and he would have to apologize for the way he had handled this.

Exactly.

Major bridge building needs done.

Step 1 - Fire Agent

Then can look at step 2

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

Do what?  No team needs to overpay a player 

If the Colts put him on a list where they don’t pay him, then they’re escalating the situation.   The Colts would be playing hardball.   And while most here would cheer that loudly, most players will note the team is playing hardball with a top player.   As I said, that means no player is safe.   

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

If the Colts put him on a list where they don’t pay him, then they’re escalating the situation.   The Colts would be playing hardball.   And while most here would cheer that loudly, most players will note the team is playing hardball with a top player.   As I said, that means no player is safe.   

While I think the players do care, I think most will see the situation for what it is.

• Like 2

Or blame it all on his agent after firing him and talk about that isn’t the kind of person he wants representing him.

Might work if he didn't request a trade face to face with Irsay.

• Like 2

He would defiantly have to apologize to colts.

You’re getting carried away again.   The idea is to find a way for Taylor to return with minimal damage done.   Giving him a list of requirements for him to return is making a bad situation worse.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Lol

Except the only ones saying anything is Taylor, Malki and the media.

Edit: A little Irsay, but he isn't playing games. He's just dropping the truth.

• Like 1

Guys... Step back and relax..

These "distractions" are business as usual for the teams.

Things will get sorted out, and considering that the QB is very young and still developing and he's plenty of time to get better, these off-the-field issues are just the normal shenanigans in any franchise.

Maybe, I will start worrying if JT starts saying, "Colts Country, Let's Ride".   :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

is team has become a major dumpster fire and our owner is now the worst guy in the NFL since the owners booted Snyder.

So glad I dumped my season tix last Nov.   

Don't care what others from other orgs think.  If all that has been said about the back injury are true then It say looks good in his handling of things.  Taylor is just digging a deep hole and it's getting worse with every report.  He's lost a lot of support by the way his side is handling things.  Yeah, that's just my opinion.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

On the flip side, you pay a player that is faking an injury and other players might think why am I busting my butt off while he gets paid to sit on his.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

is team has become a major dumpster fire and our owner is now the worst guy in the NFL since the owners booted Snyder.

So glad I dumped my season tix last Nov.   

Is this your way of letting us know you are not a Colts fan?

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am so confused. So why did he fail his physical if he never had back pain.

He's still coming off the ankle surgery

Can't imagine this just came out of mid air? Although all it takes is 1 media member to say something and the rest run with it.

• Like 1

Why would the colts make up a back injury and put him on NFI when they want him to play for them. They trying to tank his trade value.

Just now, w87r said:

He's still coming off the ankle surgery

Can't imagine this just came out of mid air? Although all it takes is 1 media member to say something and the rest run with it.

Boyd reported today he only had a clean up and it was a 4 to 6 week injury.