Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Taylor Swift!!!!

cdgacoltsfan

On 10/6/2023 at 1:52 AM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I like all kinds of music and pop music too, but lately very little of today's pop and a lot of music from Decades past. In fact ive heard that people in 20s-30's are streaming a lot more music from the past than todays. 

As far as kelce's probable pretend girl friend, I have never been a fan of hers and felt she was a untalented phony fortunately to be picked by the powers that be to be their star. 

But now because of her sudden  relevance to the NFL i have done some light research on her. I don't think much of her songs and their usually about failed relationships, even going back to when she was in high school. I didn't find her talented but did find people hating on her.

So now with a little YouTube research I've gone to not thinking much of her to someone who  doesn't like her music and think she is a more shallow phony than I thought before. 

I don't think it's a good look for the NFL or chiefs/Kelce fans. Most think its for publicity, but whether real or not who cares???

Football fans tune into to watch.football and all this hype is a turnoff to them. 

The NFL's credibility has been  questioned by many and this hype is not helping. 

I think this thread is missing the point about what NFL as a league caters to these Chiefs games.

The Chiefs games she has attended has garnered some ridiculous viewership than usual, so obviously NFL wants it to continue to gather more viewers even though the new group most probably wouldn't watch football if not for her .

So, as long as she's going to be present at games, NFL will show her a lot more often during the broadcast.

Even Kelce pointed out in his interview that someone counted she was shown like 17 times in one game, and that was like once or more per drive.

NFL will follow where the money flow. Simple as that. 

12 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I think this thread is missing the point about what NFL as a league caters to these Chiefs games.

The Chiefs games she has attended has garnered some ridiculous viewership than usual, so obviously NFL wants it to continue to gather more viewers even though the new group most probably wouldn't watch football if not for her .

So, as long as she's going to be present at games, NFL will show her a lot more often during the broadcast.

Even Kelce pointed out in his interview that someone counted she was shown like 17 times in one game, and that was like once or more per drive.

NFL will follow where the money flow. Simple as that. 

Well obviously she's using the NFL for more publicity and has like a movie or something to promote AND the NFL is using her for a bit more publicity and slightly grow their veiwership for a short while. Their good for each other....and as the NFL describes themselves, its Entertainment. 

• Like 2

Ever since Taylor Swift attended Chiefs games, I'm getting news about Kansas City Chiefs in my Facebook feed. Not about Swift, so much, but everything about the rest of Kansas City and their fan base. I've had to block much of that because I am not a fan. It's getting very annoying.  I don't want then constantly showing up in my newsfeed. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, teganslaw said:

Ever since Taylor Swift attended Chiefs games, I'm getting news about Kansas City Chiefs in my Facebook feed. Not about Swift, so much, but everything about the rest of Kansas City and their fan base. I've had to block much of that because I am not a fan. It's getting very annoying.  I don't want then constantly showing up in my newsfeed. 

They’ve been flooding mine as well. It started right around the time the Chiefs and the refs stole the playoff game from the Bengals. 

I follow the Colts and Bengals, but it’s nothing but KC every other post… 

• 5 weeks later...

Honestly, good on them if this works out and they both are happy. I get the girls being crazy over it. 

I was the same way with Peyton looking back on my high school days. My senior year was amazing: Started dating my future wife, Manning winning the Super Bowl… I followed any media I could find about Peyton. 

36 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Honestly, good on them if this works out and they both are happy. I get the girls being crazy over it. 

I was the same way with Peyton looking back on my high school days. My senior year was amazing: Started dating my future wife, Manning winning the Super Bowl… I followed any media I could find about Peyton. 

Are they getting married? I don't follow it at all.

I think it's fine having a love story layered over a football game :heart:

I have three daughters and one of them is a swifty.  From what she tells me, Swift is not the best singer but her lyrics speak to a LOT of people. 

She's also got an impressive amount of stamina.  So many shows and her shows are long. My youngest has been to 2 of her concerts and LOVED the experience. She's also a huge football fan so, doesn't have any concerns about it ruining the game day experience.

Taylor Swift seems genuine and that's a nice thing.

Overall, I don't see why she's a big deal or why she makes anyone cranky. I don't think she ruins the football experience.

It's cute and so is Travis Kelce.

I like love and I like cute so, I'm fine with it

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Nadine said:

I have three daughters and one of them is a swifty.  From what she tells me, Swift is not the best singer but her lyrics speak to a LOT of people. 

She's also got an impressive amount of stamina.  So many shows and her shows are long. My youngest has been to 2 of her concerts and LOVED the experience. She's also a huge football fan so, doesn't have any concerns about it ruining the game day experience.

Overall, I don't see why she's a big deal or why she makes anyone cranky. I don't think she ruins the football experience.

Nothing wrong with that. I don't hate her. Pop music isn't my cup of tea. Liked her country music stuff. 

I'm not much of a Kansas City or Philadelphia Eagles fan though, so for me I think it's more that Taylor is causing the Chiefs and Eagles to have even more attention forced on me through all media outlets. Which, again, I get it. Chiefs and Eagles are the premier teams now across the NFL. 

As a Bengals fan, I'm kind of a sworn enemy to the Chiefs fans. And we're okay playing the bad guy. 

1 hour ago, Nadine said:

I don't have a problem with her, but the media attention and coverage of her is a bit over the top. All my friends who don't follow football ask me questions about her and Kelce. I told them that I follow football, not players' private lives. haha

I like love stories too, but not about superstar wives/significant others. I loved reading about Ryan Kelly and his wife and former Vikings/Packers WR Greg Jennings and his family, but the wives are not superstars.

15 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I don't have a problem with her, but the media attention and coverage of her is a bit over the top. All my friends who don't follow football ask me questions about her and Kelce. I told them that I follow football, not players' private lives. haha

I like love stories too, but not about superstar wives/significant others. I loved reading about Ryan Kelly and his wife and former Vikings/Packers WR Greg Jennings and his family, but the wives are not superstars.

There was Gisele and Brady too but Gisele isn’t as popular like Swift in the US to be a big media distraction.

That’s why some KC fans are hoping Kelce is zoned in every game.

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

There was Gisele and Brady too but Gisele isn’t as popular like Swift in the US to be a big media distraction.

That’s why some KC fans are hoping Kelce is zoned in every game.

I don't know that anyone has ever been as popular as Taylor Swift.  Not even the Beatles.

It is extreme fandom for sure

Don't know what to say about distraction.  I don't feel distracted by it

6 minutes ago, Nadine said:

I don't know that anyone has ever been as popular as Taylor Swift.  Not even the Beatles.

It is extreme fandom for sure

Don't know what to say about distraction.  I don't feel distracted by it

oh, Michael Jackson says hello!!! :)