Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Eagles post game thread

GoColts8818

4 hours ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

I wanted the Colts to tank like crazy ever since Luck quit on the team. Yes, I’m dead serious about that. 

No tanking this year, as you have your QB!

Some people believe that those who want their teams to get the #1 pick are not real fans. I disagree. I would love to win every year, but if my team has no chance to win the Super Bowl, why not lose big one year and draft the top player in the draft???  If a team is always middling (like the Vikings), the team rarely has the opportunity to draft in the top three. During my 30+ years of being a fan, the Vikings have never selected in the top 3. The highest they have drafted is 4th when they drafted an OT who was good for only one or two years. :grumpy2:

I want the number one pick one year to select the top QB in the draft.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

No tanking this year, as you have your QB!

Some people believe that those who want their teams to get the #1 pick are not real fans. I disagree. I would love to win every year, but if my team has no chance to win the Super Bowl, why not lose big one year and draft the top player in the draft???  If a team is always middling (like the Vikings), the team rarely has the opportunity to draft in the top three. During my 30+ years of being a fan, the Vikings have never selected in the top 3. The highest they have drafted is 4th when they drafted an OT who was good for only one or two years. :grumpy2:

I want the number one pick one year to select the top QB in the draft.

Sometimes you need to tank when your without a QB. Just glad it happened with colts in a solid Qb Class and not in 21. If we had 4th pick in 21 we would still be without A Qb Or Kenny Pickett would be our QB.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Sometimes you need to tank when your without a QB. Just glad it happened with colts in a solid Qb Class and not in 21. If we had 4th pick in 21 we would still be without A Qb Or Kenny Pickett would be our QB.

Well Kenny Pickett has been playing like preseason MVP, so we might not be in a bad spot in that scenario.  That said... I'd have been extremely meh on that selection haha

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I would have loved it if the Vikings had drafted Pickett. We had a chance to draft him, but we traded down and drafted Christian Darrisaw who I like a lot. But Darrisaw is not a QB. (I think the fans would have been upset if we had not drafted Darrisaw. I am among the few who wants a new QB.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CheezyColt said:

Well Kenny Pickett has been playing like preseason MVP, so we might not be in a bad spot in that scenario.  That said... I'd have been extremely meh on that selection haha

That wasn’t a knock on Pickett. I think he is going to be good. I just meant that would of probably been the one option in that draft. Unless colts used a later pick on Ridder or something.

Finally watched the Colt-Eagle game this morning(what there was of it on the nfl network replay from Thursday night, nice broadcast guys, way to fight). First off, the officiating was nothing short of a complete disaster for the 3rd time this year. But there is nothing we can do about it. The Colts had more 1st downs nullified by penalties in their 3 preseason games than the cowdungs, steelers, and pats will have COMBINED for the entire regular season! Richardson looked good, his best throw of the game was the one Downs dropped on the 3rd down throw towards the end of the 2nd qtr. We haven't even had a qb who tried to attempt that throw since 2018. Remember Brissett, he hesitated , held the ball, then either got sacked, or scrambled for a 1 yard gain. And we somehow won 7 games with him in 2019(wow, the talent on that team had to be extraordinaire!) Hull looked good, the offensive line looked solid. On a side note, did anyone notice Freeland run that guy down after the interception? DJ Montgomery should make the team. Defense still gives up too many 5 to 8 yard cushions on 3rd and 3. Baker and Flowers will probably start, and the 3 rookies will provide adequate depth. Punt and kick coverage has been pretty good. Number 95 has to finish tackles. Overall, a very good performance all three phases of that game.(except the actual broadcast on prime and the nfl network).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

Now I've been reading that Woods' hamstring injury is actually severe, so I was completely wrong. 

I do like what Mallory has been doing all off-season. 

I haven't really thought about it but how long has woods been out? I know hamstrings can be a pain in the butt, I strained mine in November and it didn't feel right until April. They may put him on IR to start the season.

3 hours ago, Zoltan said:

I haven't really thought about it but how long has woods been out? I know hamstrings can be a pain in the butt, I strained mine in November and it didn't feel right until April. They may put him on IR to start the season.

He's been out since the end of May... missed all of training camp. 

18 hours ago, Zoltan said:

He tore his hamstring like 3rd training camp practice. I won’t be surprised if he goes on IR tomorrow and misses first half of season.