Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What would you do?

Trace Pyott

Anything could happen in the next two years.  As I said in another thread, I have no feel for where this is going.  It might work.  It might be a disaster.

That said, Steichen strikes me as a guy who will just do whatever works.  He's not married to anything.  If the Philly/Hurts thing isn't working, he won't force it.  He'll pivot to something else.  Whoever we think Steichen is today, he might be someone different two years from now.

Ballard?  After the craziness of last season with Saturday and whatnot, he might not care if he's still here two years from now.

So, could they draft another QB, might a new GM draft another QB?  Sure.

On 7/18/2023 at 11:07 PM, Trace Pyott said:

With all the good qb prospects coming out next year It got me thinking.  God forbid we end up with a top 1-3 pick next year and let’s say Richardson looks mostly lost out there, do you think we draft another qb next year or do we pass on the so called “ bettter qb prospects” and stick with Richardson and draft someone like Harrison??

Trade it for a draft haul if we number 1 but draft Harrison if we number 3

On 7/31/2023 at 12:14 PM, Superman said:

He definitely has some ego, and sometimes people with ego come across as insincere, arrogant, and unlikeable. To me, Williams still seems sincere and engaging. Some people probably won't like him, but it's not going to bother me unless he really takes a turn this season.

And as far as his game, I think he checks all the boxes. I'm sure everyone will pick him apart during draft season, but from what I've seen so far, he's a rock solid prospect who can be a franchise QB pretty quickly. And I'd have to be strongly convinced that we already have a franchise QB before I'd pass on him in the draft.

I agree. The Colts likely have development milestones and certain standards for AR for this season. And while I don't think they just throw those out, I do think their evaluation process would tighten up significantly if Williams is sitting there.

I think he could be also be a franchise QB very quickly. I would even go as far to say I think he could be a top 15 QB as a rookie. And then sky's the limit. 

I don't see the Colts giving up on AR5 after one season. They know what they signed up for when they drafted him, and the whole meaning behind drafting AR5 is what he could potentially become years from now. I think they'll either trade back, or take Harrison Jr, or Alt, and continue to try to build around AR5. Ballard isn't stupid and realized it's going to take time to develop AR, but he feels like hiring Shane Steichen gives the Colts the best chance to do so. Even Jim Irsay publicly stated everyone's gonna have to be patient with Anthony, it's going to take time to develop him, possibly 2-3 years but either way, I'm here for the ride.