Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mock draft Round #1 + Colts #2

1. Colts-A. Luck-QB

2. Redskins-R. Griffin-QB (they were tough)

3. Vikings- M. Kalil-T

4. Browns-T. Richardson-RB

5. Bucs- M. Claiborne-CB

6. Rams- J. Blackmon-WR

7. Jags- R. Reiff-T

8. Dolphins- R.Tannehill-QB

9. Panthers-Q. Coples-DE

10. Bills- M. Ingram-DE/OLB

11. Chiefs- L. Kuechly-ILB

12. Seahawks-C. Upshaw-OLB

13. Cardinals-J. Martin-T

14. Cowboys-M. Brookers-DT

15. Eagles-M. Barron-SS

16. Jets-M. Floyd-WR

17. Bengals- D. Decastro-G

18. Chargers- W. Mercelus-DE/OLB

19. Bears- K. Wright-WR

20. Titans-F. Cox-DT

21. * Bengals-D. Kirkpatrick-CB

22. * Browns-M. Adams-T

23. Lions- S. Gilmore-CB

24. Steelers-D. Poe-DT

25. Broncos- J. Worthy-DT (sorry Peyton)

26. Texans- S. Hill-WR ( crap-really like this guy)

27. patriots-A. Branch-DE/OLB

28. Packers-N. Perry-DE

29. Ravens-P. Konz-C

30. 49ers- C. Glenn-G/T

31. * patriots- J. Jenkins-CB

32. Giants- C. Fleener-TE

33. Rams- D. Still-DT

34. Colts- D. Hightower-ILB

* second selection

this is going to be fun ( I hope)

I have heard that if fleener is there at 32 the giants aren't going to take him

Of course you have. But, to quote Detective Somerset: "If John Doe's head splits open and a UFO should fly out, I want you to have expected it."

I can't see the Giants passing on Fleener at #32. I don't know anything, but I doubt they take someone else if he's there. Unless someone else drops also, like a corner or something. They'd take Luke Kuechly, who definitely won't be there. I could see them trading up or down for a corner or linebacker, since they have big needs there. But I can't see them drafting at #32 with Fleener on the board and not taking him.

But then again, to quote Detective Somerset...

I like Hightower. Some thoughts that he might slip out of the first, in which case I'd be okay with taking him there. Not because of our need, but because he'd probably be a better value and better talent than anyone else there at #34.

One thing I wonder about Hightower is, if he's more of a 3-4 OLB than a 3-4 ILB.

Id love it if Hightower slipped out of the first. He would give us the physical presence that the Colts D has been missing. And would give us a pretty darn good LB core, Freeney, Angerer, Hightower, Mathis....Still got no Dline and question marks in the secondary but hey, its a start.

I went with the best player on the board (Hightower) at that time, I think there are more pressing needs than LB, but we need help everywhere, I also think there are going to be some players who slip down and out of the first round, then we will have a chance to get one of them in the 2nd round

One thing I wonder about Hightower is, if he's more of a 3-4 OLB than a 3-4 ILB.

Because of his size?

Most everyone has him at inside linebacker, but Pagano could figure out a way to use him in any package. I think he'd even make a good strong side linebacker in a 4-3, situationally.

Because of his size?

Most everyone has him at inside linebacker, but Pagano could figure out a way to use him in any package. I think he'd even make a good strong side linebacker in a 4-3, situationally.

Yea mainly because of his size. When I see him play I know he can play ILB, but I'm also wondering if he can play a 3-4 OLB as well. He's versatile enough and can rush the passer well enough to play a 3-4 OLB. He's an interesting player.

Yea mainly because of his size. When I see him play I know he can play ILB, but I'm also wondering if he can play a 3-4 OLB as well. He's versatile enough and can rush the passer well enough to play a 3-4 OLB. He's an interesting player.

He's a monster of an inside linebacker. I think he's very versatile because of his size and athleticism, and he does rush pretty well.