Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Johnathon Taylor Contract

King Colt

2 hours ago, Nickster said:

NCF we are a bad team going in a seemingly bad direction. We've invested a ton in both lines and neither one is outstanding and the Oline is bad. 

You should probably face the reality that much of what a few of the posters on here have been carping about has and is coming to pass.  We are on the brink of years of disappointment.  We don't hit at QB, it's going to be a while and at least one regime change away Plus a year or two before we get better.

You should probably concede a little more than your angry little self does.  Ballard hasn't appeared to have done a very good job here with the talent and we have some godawful contracts. 

For me personally, I would have liked to have had a better outlook these last few years, but I don't own a pair of rose colored glasses.  

Hopefully, this draft turns it around. 

image.png.ae1c54b498e9f207765f06bdf6575522.png

2 hours ago, Nickster said:

NCF we are a bad team going in a seemingly bad direction. We've invested a ton in both lines and neither one is outstanding and the Oline is bad. 

You should probably face the reality that much of what a few of the posters on here have been carping about has and is coming to pass.  We are on the brink of years of disappointment.  We don't hit at QB, it's going to be a while and at least one regime change away Plus a year or two before we get better.

You should probably concede a little more than your angry little self does.  Ballard hasn't appeared to have done a very good job here with the talent and we have some godawful contracts. 

For me personally, I would have liked to have had a better outlook these last few years, but I don't own a pair of rose colored glasses.  

Hopefully, this draft turns it around. 

Nick….

I tried to write a private letter, but you’re not receiving mail.    So I’m going to respond briefly here.   

You’re entitled to any view you want. Odds are we won’t agree.   We disagree on most everything.  

So good luck this week.   Maybe the Colts will do well, maybe not.  But if not, Ballard will soon be out of a job, and then you and the other haters can celebrate.

Its a big week for Colts Nation. 

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Nick….

I tried to write a private letter, but you’re not receiving mail.    So I’m going to respond briefly here.   

You’re entitled to any view you want. Odds are we won’t agree.   We disagree on most everything.  

So good luck this week.   Maybe the Colts will do well, maybe not.  But if not, Ballard will soon be out of a job, and then you and the other haters can celebrate.

Its a big week for Colts Nation. 

I don’t hate Ballard I just don’t think he’s done a good job overall as GM for the Colts.

If we happen to draft a franchise QB, or even better than that a great one, then we will have a chance to be good in a year or two.  

But what’s almost as annoying as the Colts talent level and direction right now, is you and a few other crotchety posters who make it personal when someone disagrees with your rosy outlook. 

7 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I don’t hate Ballard I just don’t think he’s done a good job overall as GM for the Colts.

If we happen to draft a franchise QB, or even better than that a great one, then we will have a chance to be good in a year or two.  

But what’s almost as annoying as the Colts talent level and direction right now, is you and a few other crotchety posters who make it personal when someone disagrees with your rosy outlook. 

Sorry….   But what you call “make it personal” I think of as setting the record straight with facts.   People come here to express their opinion.   They do not like being told their opinion is not factually correct.  It’s been that way since I arrived in 2012.    It’s not since you arrived in 2018 or whenever you showed up.   It’s an ongoing issue.   

And that’s why I say to you over and over and over again, to ignore me.   Block me.   Do not respond to me.   Which you manage to ignore like you did today. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry….   But what you call “make it personal” I think of as setting the record straight with facts.   People come here to express their opinion.   They do not like being told their opinion is not factually correct.  It’s been that way since I arrived in 2012.    It’s not since you arrived in 2018 or whenever you showed up.   It’s an ongoing issue.   

And that’s why I say to you over and over and over again, to ignore me.   Block me.   Do not respond to me.   Which you manage to ignore like you did today. 

NCF you go a good deal further than pointing out factual inconsistencies.

I am pretty sure that you are well aware of that.  

56 minutes ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

Trade JT for an LT.  That is a move in the right direction.  

That’s got a nice ring to it but the reality is that no RB is worth much in a trade.  Certainly not JT off a bad, injury plagued season with only 1 year left on his rookie deal.

10 minutes ago, Nickster said:

NCF you go a good deal further than pointing out factual inconsistencies.

I am pretty sure that you are well aware of that.  

Again, we’re going to have to agree to disagree.    Your viewpoint and mine are rarely in alignment.  

If you want to make this a private conversation, that’s up to you.  But you’d have to change your settings.   Otherwise, I can’t help you.  

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Again, we’re going to have to agree to disagree.    Your viewpoint and mine are rarely in alignment.  

If you want to make this a private conversation, that’s up to you.  But you’d have to change your settings.   Otherwise, I can’t help you.  

As far as I know I didn’t turn off messaging and if I did I don’t know how to turn it back on.  Can’t figure it out.

31 minutes ago, Nickster said:

As far as I know I didn’t turn off messaging and if I did I don’t know how to turn it back on.  Can’t figure it out.

I’ve responded privately.   From my end, it appears to have been received.   It has not been blocked.    It appears we’re open for business.   But, PRIVATE business.   

On 4/26/2023 at 7:35 AM, stitches said:

IMO we should be thinking about trading Taylor relatively soon. Especially if we can get something really good for him - 1st-2nd round type of return. I just really don't want us to pay a RB a huge contract. 

I’m not trying to be snarky when I ask this, I’m genuinely curious, and I am a little biased, but if JT had another 20+ total touchdown 1500+ yards year like 2021, would you still want to trade him? I know RBs are replaceable, but JT is a different level than most. He’s up there with Henry, Cook, and Chubb, and those guys were all resigned by their teams after their rookie deals were up.

2 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

I’m not trying to be snarky when I ask this, I’m genuinely curious, and I am a little biased, but if JT had another 20+ total touchdown 1500+ yards year like 2021, would you still want to trade him? I know RBs are replaceable, but JT is a different level than most. He’s up there with Henry, Cook, and Chubb, and those guys were all resigned by their teams after their rookie deals were up.

Absolutely. And then you might actually get a 1st. Nothing personal against Taylor. He's been awesome when healthy. RBs just don't last in the NFL. Pretty much all the RBs in recent years who have gotten a big second contract have underwhelmed on those contracts. It's just the reality of the position. Huge attrition rates, injuries, decline of production because of those... 

6 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

We'd have to sign him before we traded him.  I personally think it's a bad idea to invest heavily in any RB.  TN, MINN, and CLE haven't done much with those signings. The fact that each of those teams signed big money contracts to RBs and are worse now than they were then could be used as evidence to support a position like that.  

I'm not saying the contracts are the cause necessarily, but there certainly seems to be a lack of evidence that 2nd contract big money RBs teams do well. 

I like Taylor as much as anyone, but I'm also in the camp of not spending big on a RB.  Honestly I'd be fine with spending a 1st or 2nd round draft pick every 4-5 years on one of the top RBs in the draft, and then either tag and trade them at the end of the rookie contract, or just let them go and get a compensatory pick.  That way we always have a RB on a rookie contract.

3 hours ago, Nickster said:

We'd have to sign him before we traded him.  I personally think it's a bad idea to invest heavily in any RB.  TN, MINN, and CLE haven't done much with those signings. The fact that each of those teams signed big money contracts to RBs and are worse now than they were then could be used as evidence to support a position like that.  

I'm not saying the contracts are the cause necessarily, but there certainly seems to be a lack of evidence that 2nd contract big money RBs teams do well. 

All the other teams franchise their backs. Taylor is an elite running back, an average pass catcher, and not very good in pass coverage. I would pay my running back if I have confidence to leave him in there in any scenario. I don't think the Colts have that confidence in his abilities in all three areas. Franchise him.

6 hours ago, chickenMan said:

I like him as a player but you cannot pay him when you do not have a LT or QB.  We'll get one, but we are getting saddled with Nelson and Leonard deals.  Both are albatrosses.  We need to get rid of them all before the new QB gets his new deal. 

3 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

All the other teams franchise their backs. Taylor is an elite running back, an average pass catcher, and not very good in pass coverage. I would pay my running back if I have confidence to leave him in there in any scenario. I don't think the Colts have that confidence in his abilities in all three areas. Franchise him.

Again….  The Colts don’t have to decide that for a year.    He’s going into his 4th year of his four-year rookie deal.   There isn’t pressure to do a deal — yet.  

Archived