Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Colts and NFL free agency news, rumors, discussions

stitches

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Seahawks are having a pretty good offseason. After what Pete Carroll pulled off last year, I will never doubt him again. I thought the Seahawks would suck last year and they made the playoffs.

Their 2 1sts and 2 2nds in this draft are juicy also.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@RollerColt what do you think of this? 

Just like the Lamar Jackson situation, as a team, I will do what is best for the team. If they need Jonah Williams, why should they trade him. 

I would love if the Colts had him to go along with Nelson on that left side :banana:. That is a guy that looks like he could eat 10 pancakes caped in syrup in his sleep.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@RollerColt what do you think of this? 

Just like the Lamar Jackson situation, as a team, I will do what is best for the team. If they need Jonah Williams, why should they trade him. 

Per NFL.com

Left tackle Jonah Williams has requested a trade out of Cincinnati, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Friday. It is unclear at this time if the Bengals are willing to move on from Williams, whom they selected 11th-overall in the 2019 NFL Draft.

Who is their right tackle?

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would love if the Colts had him to go along with Nelson on that left side :banana:. That is a guy that looks like he could eat 10 pancakes caped in syrup in his sleep.

I remember when he was in the draft. I love signing OL. I will take as many as I need. I want us to draft a guard. 

Our OL now has Darrisaw -Ezra Cleveland -- Garrett Bradbury -- Ed Ingram (was a rook) -- Brian O'Neill (love him and Darrisaw). Our OL is finally coming together. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I remember when he was in the draft. I love signing OL. I will take as many as I need. I want us to draft a guard. 

Our OL now has Darrisaw -Ezra Cleveland -- Garrett Bradbury -- Ed Ingram (was a rook) -- Brian O'Neill (love him and Darrisaw). Our OL is finally coming together. 

I wanted Darrisaw, he is good. Yeah the big fella's up front get very little credit but without them the offense doesn't flow right. 

• Like 1

I wanted Darrisaw, he is good. Yeah the big fella's up front get very little credit but without them the offense doesn't flow right. 

It’s tempting but  i don’t think it happens with Rainmann quickly developing….

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I remember when Ballard passed on Darrisaw.  Said he wasn't an NFL caliber pass blocking Tackle or something like that.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

3 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

It’s tempting but  i don’t think it happens with Rainmann quickly developing….

Go get him. :)

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah right!  They fired him at LT FOR CAUSE. Burrow has been a top sacked QB. Here is your leader. He stinks.

"One thing has become crystal clear during the Cincinnati Bengals' 4-4 start to the 2022 regular season -- Jonah Williams is not the left tackle of the future.

For starters, Williams has not improved since he's been with the team. He had his worst game of the season this past Monday night when the Browns defenders continued to blow past him and furthermore, he's surrendered the most sacks in the league with eight, per PFF.

Speaking of PFF, Williams' grades there aren't anything to write home about. He has a 61.0 overall grade and sits with a 59.0 pass-blocking grade and 54.2 run-blocking grade. Not ideal for a guy the team spent a 1st rd pick on."

Go get him. :)

Those numbers aren’t bad at all! (As I willfully type from my office chair without a care on where we come up with the money)  

Need to do some digging on how he actually performed. 

4 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Yeah right!  They fired him at LT FOR CAUSE. Burrow has been a top sacked QB. Here is your leader.

"One thing has become crystal clear during the Cincinnati Bengals' 4-4 start to the 2022 regular season -- Jonah Williams is not the left tackle of the future.

For starters, Williams has not improved since he's been with the team. He had his worst game of the season this past Monday night when the Browns defenders continued to blow past him and furthermore, he's surrendered the most sacks in the league with eight, per PFF.

Speaking of PFF, Williams' grades there aren't anything to write home about. He has a 61.0 overall grade and sits with a 59.0 pass-blocking grade and 54.2 run-blocking grade. Not ideal for a guy the team spent a 1st rd pick on."

He had spurts where he played well, I am not a huge PFF fan either. PFF doesn't factor in if a guy is playing injured which he did half the season. Myles Garrett is one of the best pass rushers out there as well (might be the best), so using the Browns as a Tackle having 1 bad game is lame.

2 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

Those numbers aren’t bad at all! (As I willfully type from my office chair without a care on where we come up with the money)  

Need to do some digging on how he actually performed. 

haha I know. We all do that.

Today is my last day off before returning to work. I needed a staycation. I'm going back to work on Monday. Someone else will have to post these free agent updates. 

3 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

I remember when Ballard passed on Darrisaw.  Said he wasn't an NFL caliber pass blocking Tackle or something like that.

Don't remember that. We drafted Paye and thought Fisher could fill in at tackle. I think Kwity was a good choice but in hind sight Fisher didn't work out but don't remember Ballard being critical of Darrisaw  at the time.

• Like 1

haha I know. We all do that.

Today is my last day off before returning to work. I needed a staycation. I'm going back to work on Monday. Someone else will have to post these free agent updates. 

haha Thankfully wave two will be drops in the bucket compared to the waterfall this past week. I’m sure others will pick up the slack. We’ll be sure to tag you when the Vikings acquire Tanenhill 

1 minute ago, adubb84 said:

haha Thankfully wave two will be drops in the bucket compared to the waterfall this past week. I’m sure others will pick up the slack. We’ll be sure to tag you when the Vikings acquire Tanenhill 

Lol. I might like Tannehill better than Cousins but I am not sure. I would prefer a younger QB with a low salary, like Minshew. That was an excellent signing by Ballard. 

Just now, NFLfan said:

Lol. I might like Tannehill better than Cousins but I am not sure. I would prefer a younger QB with a low salary, like Minshew. That was an excellent signing by Ballard. 

Agreed! Crazy to get the guy that carved us up at one point. I’m in shock we got him so cheap when I see how much all the other backups got. The mean has been around $6.5M-7M. Minshew can GET to 5 million with incentives. From what I hears they are low thresholds to hit.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Jared….   You make an interesting point and maybe you’re right.   Maybe.  

But I’d note this….   Both Philly and Indianapolis had the same choice.  Both players were available.   And each team made their respective choices.  And Sirianni knows Minshew as good as Steichen.   So it would appear both the Colts and Eagles would disagree with you. 

Just sayin….

I think the simplest way to summarize the two quarterbacks in comparison is:

Mariotta is a starter who underperformed

Minshew is a backup who sometimes has great games

Overall, they're not much different.  The differences between them are in the stats, how they are utilized, the players around them, the offensive systems they play in.  And, if I may say so, their performance vs their expectations.

One could say that the contracts they were offered reflects the summarizations above.

One got underperforming starter money

One got overperforming backup money

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Cousins is better than Tannehill. I want no part of Tannehill or Mayfield, they have shown me enough of incompetence play lmao . Mayfield signed with Tampa, thank God he wasn't on our radar.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

I think the simplest way to summarize the two quarterbacks in comparison is:

Mariotta is a starter who underperformed

Minshew is a backup who sometimes has great games

Overall, they're not much different.  The differences between them are in the stats, how they are utilized, the players around them, the offensive systems they play in.  And, if I may say so, their performance vs their expectations.

One could say that the contracts they were offered reflects the summarizations above.

One got underperforming starter money

One got overperforming backup money

So analytical. :)

Cousins is better than Tannehill. I want no part of Tannehill or Mayfield, they have shown me enough of incompetence play lmao . Mayfield signed with Tampa, thank God he wasn't on our radar.

I like Mayfield. I don't know what happened to him. Maybe a QB whisperer here can share their thoughts about why he has not performed better. 

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I think the things that bother you about Cousins is he takes up a lot of the Salary Cap and he fails in the playoffs quite a bit. Having said that with him, you have a punchers chance at winning a SB and you usually make the playoffs with him which gives you something week in and out to look forward too. Happy GIF- Vikings are never a boring team with Cousins. As a Colts fan I would take that, at least make the playoffs and able to enjoy many wins in the regular season. Winning the SB is obviously the goal but only 1 team does that. Just get that 1 SB win with Cousins and you will by his jersey :D

• Like 2