Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jared Cisneros Mock Draft V1 Pre FA

Going to do my first mock draft pre FA. This draft is going to somewhat ignore FA except for the obvious like releasing Matt Ryan and re-signing Tyquan Lewis.

Round 1 Pick 4: Will Anderson, EDGE, Alabama, I'm assuming here that A.) We stay at 4 and B.) Another team trades up to 3 and takes a QB. Anderson is probably the best player in the draft. He's at a premium position at EDGE. This is the perfect pick at 4 to benefit the team as long as we get our next pick.

Round 2 Pick 35: Hendon Hooker, QB, Tennessee: This is the obvious choice at 35 after taking Anderson at 4. He should be ready for the start of the season, and he can battle or beat out someone like a Gardner Minshew and Sam Elingher. I think as of now we get him at 35 with no one ranking him that high as of this point. 

Round 3 Pick 79: Cedric Tillman, WR, Tennessee: Ballard and the Colts have interest in Tillman and I think they will take him with their 3rd round pick if he's available and they don't take a WR in the 2nd round. He'll be a valuable weapon for Hendon Hooker and has chemistry with him in college.

Round 4 Pick 106: Tyjae Spears, RB, Tulane: He had an absolute dominant day at the senior bowl and is on the Colts radar. Would be the perfect Hines replacement and a solid no2 to Jonathan Taylor. Can run, can catch, and just looks like a great RB all-around. 

Round 5 Pick 138: Ivan Pace Jr, LB, Cincinatti: This guy gets lots of pressure on the QB. I wouldn't mind having him on the team as a backup that comes in on 3rd down and gets a pass rush. I'm not sure if he can play on special teams, but I'm assuming he can.

Round 5 Pick 162: Ryan Hayes, OT, Michigan: He can be a swingman backup tackle for both Raimann and Smith. IMO, he should be avaialble here. At this point, we are looking for cheap depth that can potentially start if someone goes down. I like Hayes to do this.

Round 7, Pick 221: Jake Moody, K, Michigan: This is the way to get your Kicker IMO. Take a guy in the 7th round that should be your guy for 10-15 years. Don't let him hit UDFA before attempting to sign him.

Round 7, Pick 236: Brenton Strange, TE, Penn State: With the probable release of MAC, this is a player that can fight for a starting job. Ogletree had an ACL tear last year and is uncertain, and Woods and Granson aren't unbeatable. I can see Strange fighting his way onto the team.

What do you think of this mock? Tell me what you think with comments below! :thmup:

7 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Thanks for sharing

If Stroud, Richardson, and Young are gone.....  This is what I would do

The Cardinals really seem to need a stud DE   I think that leaves Richardson to our pick......

Hooker is a good prospect

If the Cards stay at 3, I agree Richardson is probably the pick. IMO, it'll be either Anderson or Richardson, depending on who picks at no3. We'll have to see what happens before the draft and in FA starting today.

This is a really great alternative draft that explores the Colts not taking a QB in the 1st. Although I personally think they’ll take someone at 4, I really like this scenario. 

The only thing is the receiver pick. Tillman is in the same mold as Pittman. If you’re taking Tillman I’d be trading Pittman. Or I’d take a different type of receiver in the 3rd.

8 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

This is a really great alternative draft that explores the Colts not taking a QB in the 1st. Although I personally think they’ll take someone at 4, I really like this scenario. 

The only thing is the receiver pick. Tillman is in the same mold as Pittman. If you’re taking Tillman I’d be trading Pittman. Or I’d take a different type of receiver in the 3rd.

Appreciate it!

6 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Thanks for sharing

If Stroud, Richardson, and Young are gone.....  This is what I would do

The Cardinals really seem to need a stud DE   I think that leaves Richardson to our pick......

Hooker is a good prospect

I'm thinking they'd take Levi's in that scenario even if Richardson is there, and people on the forum will freak out and crash the site.

Who am I kidding, whether they pick Levi's, Richardson, or One of the DL..... Y'all are gonna freak out and crash the site for a while lol 

22 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Round 7, Pick 221: Jake Moody, K, Michigan: This is the way to get your Kicker IMO. Take a guy in the 7th round that should be your guy for 10-15 years. Don't let him hit UDFA before attempting to sign him.

Well, with the Rudy Gay signing, this pick is no longer necessary.  Not a bad mock though, some nice picks in there.

On 3/13/2023 at 5:28 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

Going to do my first mock draft pre FA. This draft is going to somewhat ignore FA except for the obvious like releasing Matt Ryan and re-signing Tyquan Lewis.

Round 1 Pick 4: Will Anderson, EDGE, Alabama, I'm assuming here that A.) We stay at 4 and B.) Another team trades up to 3 and takes a QB. Anderson is probably the best player in the draft. He's at a premium position at EDGE. This is the perfect pick at 4 to benefit the team as long as we get our next pick.

Round 2 Pick 35: Hendon Hooker, QB, Tennessee: This is the obvious choice at 35 after taking Anderson at 4. He should be ready for the start of the season, and he can battle or beat out someone like a Gardner Minshew and Sam Elingher. I think as of now we get him at 35 with no one ranking him that high as of this point. 

Round 3 Pick 79: Cedric Tillman, WR, Tennessee: Ballard and the Colts have interest in Tillman and I think they will take him with their 3rd round pick if he's available and they don't take a WR in the 2nd round. He'll be a valuable weapon for Hendon Hooker and has chemistry with him in college.

Round 4 Pick 106: Tyjae Spears, RB, Tulane: He had an absolute dominant day at the senior bowl and is on the Colts radar. Would be the perfect Hines replacement and a solid no2 to Jonathan Taylor. Can run, can catch, and just looks like a great RB all-around. 

Round 5 Pick 138: Ivan Pace Jr, LB, Cincinatti: This guy gets lots of pressure on the QB. I wouldn't mind having him on the team as a backup that comes in on 3rd down and gets a pass rush. I'm not sure if he can play on special teams, but I'm assuming he can.

Round 5 Pick 162: Ryan Hayes, OT, Michigan: He can be a swingman backup tackle for both Raimann and Smith. IMO, he should be avaialble here. At this point, we are looking for cheap depth that can potentially start if someone goes down. I like Hayes to do this.

Round 7, Pick 236: Brenton Strange, TE, Penn State: With the probable release of MAC, this is a player that can fight for a starting job. Ogletree had an ACL tear last year and is uncertain, and Woods and Granson aren't unbeatable. I can see Strange fighting his way onto the team.

What do you think of this mock? Tell me what you think with comments below! :thmup:

The only thing I don’t like is no guard or center options.  I like rounds one and two though!

On 3/13/2023 at 5:28 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

I had a similar draft but here lies the problem. Of the Colts say pick  best player available at 4 it does put then at a disadvantage. Every team knows that the Colts will be eyeing a qb. Once the   top  4 are gone that would probably only leave Hooker at the next best qb worth taking.  I think there are just to many teams needing  a qb at the bottom of the 1st round that would  leave empty  handed.

Great draft, I'm slowly getting on the band wagon of not taking a QB at 4. It would be nice if Anderson is there but if not, there are quite a few elite CB prospects available. I think the only real critique I'd make is taking a rb in the 4th. I think we have a good stable at the moment and would be a bit surprised if we did. Great job! 

On 3/13/2023 at 7:28 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

This draft is going to somewhat ignore FA

except for the obvious like releasing Matt Ryan and re-signing Tyquan Lewis.

Hmmm......kinda like Ballard. :funny:

On 3/13/2023 at 7:28 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

If Hooker is comparable to Levis than taking a Blue Chipper DE is of course smart and Hooker later. I personally haven't done research on him because of his knee surgery...so I won't have any qualifying opinions on him as of yet. But if you like him, that raises his level to me.

Really like the idea of offensive weapons on offense in round 3 & 4.. 

Good job

Archived