Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Titans are cutting everyone today.

Restinpeacesweetchloe

7 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Titans cut Lewan, Cunningham, their kicker, and Robert woods. Looks like they are going to be on a rebuilding mode this year.

Over on Sirius XM radio, their NFL channel….   Host Pat Kirwin, himself a former front office executive,  kept saying over and over he didn’t understand WHY the Titans did these moves TODAY?   There was no reason to when teams have roughly two more weeks to make their cuts.   He wondered if Tenn was considering making a move soon, before the start of free agency?  

13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Over on Sirius XM radio, their NFL channel….   Host Pat Kirwin, himself a former front office executive,  kept saying over and over he didn’t understand WHY the Titans did these moves TODAY?   There was no reason to when teams have roughly two more weeks to make their cuts.   He wondered if Tenn was considering making a move soon, before the start of free agency?  

I'm sure they have a plan.  I'd like to see the Colts pick up their LT.

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

He's a 3 time pro bowl LT.   I imagine he is better than Reimann.   

I’m guessing you have not seen my Reimann post from late last night.  

PFF released an interesting stat yesterday. From week 12 to the rest of the season,  that’s 6 games,  Bernard Reimann was the highest graded OT in all of football.   Not just rookie OT’s, but ALL OT’s.   The top ranked tackle.  Period. 

When Ballard said he’s convinced Raimann is the team’s LT of the future, he’s got good reason. 

They had the perfect roster and coach from 2019-2021 but didn't have the QB. Tannehill is average, if they had even someone like Dak they may have won a SB. Dak isn't all that but is better than Tannehill. Henry's career wasted because these dudes wanted to stick with Tannehill the last 4 years. I think it is funny because it is the Titans. I knew they would never win a SB with Tannehill, have said it for years. chuckling homer simpson GIF

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They had the perfect roster and coach from 2019-2021 but didn't have the QB. Tannehill is average, if they had even someone like Dak they may have won a SB. Dak isn't all that but is better than Tannehill. Henry's career wasted because these dudes wanted to stick with Tannehill the last 4 years. I think it is funny because it is the Titans. I knew they would never win a SB with Tannehill, have said it for years. chuckling homer simpson GIF

Tannehill has still been better than the Colts QB's of the past couple years.  The Colts are hoping their draft pick can be as good as Tannehill.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

During the years you speak of, I read end of season assessments using all QB stats that had Tannehil in the top Four once, and top 7 the others.

And Dak still has issues and I sincerely doubt he ever earns his pay.

So Baloney!

@Myles and @throwing BBZ, Tannehill is a choker and If we don't get anyone better than that we will go nowhere. If you guys think he is good, I am not sure what you guys are watching chuckling homer simpson GIF- I also said Dak isn't all that but I would take Dak over Tannehill all day. Look at every ESPN and NFL.com analyst, they all have Dak rated higher. Hell they all have Carr rated higher from what I have seen.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Tannehill has still been better than the Colts QB's of the past couple years.  The Colts are hoping their draft pick can be as good as Tannehill.

That doesn't say much, he was better than Wentz and a Matt Ryan where father time caught up with him. Tannehill has had Henry and a defense that has played great. Saying Tannehill is good is like saying Trent Dilfer was good lmao . Average yes but both got carried by their teams. At least Trent won a SB.

45 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

During the years you speak of, I read end of season assessments using all QB stats that had Tannehil in the top Four once, and top 7 the others.

And Dak still has issues and I sincerely doubt he ever earns his pay.

So Baloney!

Stats aren't everything, why some think they are cracks me up. Drew Brees is the GOAT then Snoop Dogg Dancing GIF by Romy

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That doesn't say much, he was better than Wentz and a Matt Ryan where father time caught up with him. Tannehill has had Henry and a defense that has played great. Saying Tannehill is good is like saying Trent Dilfer was good lmao . Average yes but both got carried by their teams. At least Trent won a SB.

I would have loved to have Tannehill the last couple years.   The Colts would have been much more successful. 

He's not great but he is good.

With the Titans:

Record - 36-19

Rating - 103

TD's 89

INT's - 33

6 hours ago, Myles said:

I would have loved to have Tannehill the last couple years.   The Colts would have been much more successful. 

He's not great but he is good.

With the Titans:

Record - 36-19

Rating - 103

TD's 89

INT's - 33

Stats are solid but he wasn't winning a SB or even getting there. I never said Tannehill was a bad QB but you need at least a good one to get you there. Look at his playoff stats they are average and he choked big time against the Bengals in 2021. In 2019 when the Titans made the AFC Title Game, Henry was incredible with huge games as well. Tannehill played average at best.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Stats are solid but he wasn't winning a SB or even getting there. I never said Tannehill was a bad QB but you need at least a good one to get you there. Look at his playoff stats they are average and he choked big time against the Bengals in 2021. In 2019 when the Titans made the AFC Title Game, Henry was incredible with huge games as well. Tannehill played average at best.

Luck never won a SB either.  He must not have been good, eh?

I use the "Eye test" and he has looked legit when I seen him play.  

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

Luck never won a SB either.  He must not have been good, eh?

I use the "Eye test" and he has looked legit when I seen him play.  

Luck didn't have a RB like Henry or a coach like Vrabel. Lets get real. Luck carried our team, Henry is the engine that has ran the Titans. You know it and everyone knows it. Tannehill couldn't carry Luck's jockstrap, now you are reaching by saying Luck didn't win a SB. That is like saying Dan Marino didn't win a SB lmao . All I am saying is had Tannehill had a Joe Flacco type post season (2012), Titans would have won it all in 2019 or maybe in 2021. He didn't because the dude is average.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@Myles, if you actually think Tannehill is a better QB than Luck than that is one of your worse takes ever, sorry brother. Luck was clearly better. I will leave it at that. 

of course I do not think that nor have I ever said so.

You said Tannehill is not good because he never won a SB so I asked you about Luck never winning a SB.  

Tannehill has a 36-19 record with the Titans which is impressive. 

1 minute ago, Myles said:

You said Tannehill is not good because he never won a SB so I asked you about Luck never winning a SB.  

I didn't say Tannehill was bad either. To me he is average, maybe above average like a Carr or Cousins for example. He is just a QB that I have never trusted and have posted that many times here. I won money on the Bengals in the 2021 playoff game at Tennessee because he was QB. 

20 minutes ago, Myles said:

In Luck's 1st 3 seasons he went 33-15 with no run game, bad O.Line, and a defense that was average. He also beat Peyton and Von Miller in a divisional round game at Mile High being a 9 point underdog. Luck also beat Andy Reid after being down by 28 in the playoffs.

We also had averaging coaching, Chuck wasn't bad but was average.

On 2/24/2023 at 2:26 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I didn't say Tannehill was bad either. To me he is average, maybe above average like a Carr or Cousins for example. He is just a QB that I have never trusted and have posted that many times here. I won money on the Bengals in the 2021 playoff game at Tennessee because he was QB. 

So you consider how much money you won or lost on a player as judgment? Tannehill is not as bad as you advertise. 

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

So you consider how much money you won or lost on a player as judgment? Tannehill is not as bad as you advertise. 

It was just a point I was making about the money I won and why I bet against Tennessee. I think Tannehill is average, not sure how that is hard to comprehend? How much money I win has nothing to do with how good a player I think someone is. 

49 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It was just a point I was making about the money I won and why I bet against Tennessee. I think Tannehill is average, not sure how that is hard to comprehend? How much money I win has nothing to do with how good a player I think someone is. 

His records speak for themselves.  I just don't agree with your opinion of him.  No big deal. 

21 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

His records speak for themselves.  I just don't agree with your opinion of him.  No big deal. 

No biggie, we just disagree. I just never felt like he would lead the Titans to a SB appearance or SB win. He has had a couple of good years numbers wise, his playoff duds have been head scratching.

Archived