Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 MLB Baseball

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Talk about a kick to the teeth. I have suffered as a Cubs fan losing some of these 1 run games, but what the Reds did yesterday would make me do this Falls Homer Simpson GIF

Just shows me they aren’t ready this season. Years of being a Reds fan has told me they’ll probably trade away half of the team for payroll issues this offseason.

9 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Just shows me they aren’t ready this season. Years of being a Reds fan has told me they’ll probably trade away half of the team for payroll issues this offseason.

They have the same problem the Cubs have = BullPen/mid relief. Brewers have one of the best BullPens, hence they will win the Division. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

They get the White Sox next so they likely sweep, we get the Braves in Atl soo ya

Go White Sox lmao . Marlins is who I am mainly worried about, they play the Mets next. Mets could play spoiler. We need to win at least 1 at Atlanta. We play the Brewers last 3 games and if they clinch the division, there is already talk they will rest players. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Go White Sox lmao . Marlins is who I am mainly worried about, they play the Mets next. Mets could play spoiler. We need to win at least 1 at Atlanta. 

Yes we just gotta win. The only thing about Dbacks is basically it is 2 of 3/4 of us (Reds maybe, Marlins, Cubs, Dbacks) If we can just do better than the reds and one of the other 2 we get in basically

• Like 2

I really feel like Happ could have made more of an effort to catch the fly ball that landed behind him. Need some more aggression out of this team if they want to sniff the postseason. Crow Armstrong would have hustled for that.

Even in the postgame interview Ross talks about putting some more balls in the air and out of the park, WHAT?! Put the ball in play, move runners around, not every hit has to be a home run!!! That seems to be an obsession with this team,

….I mean I get it, it’s cool, but most of the time they’re pop ups and don’t mean crap!!!!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HOZER said:

I really feel like Happ could have made more of an effort to catch the fly ball that landed behind him. Need some more aggression out of this team if they want to sniff the postseason. Crow Armstrong would have hustles for that.

You guys had ‘em on the ropes! That was frustrating to watch… 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, HOZER said:

My God Suzuki. 

From being up 6-0 to losing the game. And this ump is TERRIBLE!!!!!!! 

Freaking Suzuki. He’s become quite the liability in the outfield, reminds me of Schwarber, great hitter, terrible outfielder.

This loss is on Ross, not Seiya. He's graded well this year on Def. Ross tried to show once again how smart he is and put PCA in the 4th F inning. Then took him out for Wisdom. I am so tired of him and his managing. 

Should Seiya have caught it, yes, but should the cubs have been in that situation, no. 

Ross killed this season, we are done and toast. I wish he'd be fired. He has shown to be bad this year

11 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

This loss is on Ross, not Seiya. He's graded well this year on Def. Ross tried to show once again how smart he is and put PCA in the 4th F inning. Then took him out for Wisdom. I am so tired of him and his managing. 

Should Seiya have caught it, yes, but should the cubs have been in that situation, no. 

Ross killed this season, we are done and toast. I wish he'd be fired. He has shown to be bad this year

He may have graded well, but a I’ve seen him wiff on a few easy catches that cost the Cubs. Looked like Bellinger had a better angle on it. He’s never seems to be a threat to throw anybody out from out there either like Heyward was, plus the slump he had late in the season cost the team. No the loss not not square on his shoulders but he def played a part. Our bullpen is a liability as well.

9 minutes ago, HOZER said:

He may have graded well, but a I’ve seen him wiff on a few easy catches that cost the Cubs. Looked like Bellinger had a better angle on it. He’s never seems to be a threat to throw anybody out from out there either like Heyward was, plus the slump he had late in the season cost the team. No the loss not not square on his shoulders but he def played a part. Our bullpen is a liability as well.

Slump? He is half our offense since august. He's top 3 ops since then. Without him we'd be Eliminated already. 

Bellinger should've called for the ball as CF, if Ross removed his head, he'd have kept PCA in, and PCA certainly would've caught it.

Our bullpen got taxed, pitch Assad four times in a week? Like how is that smart. That includes a 5 inning and 4 inning appearance. 

Ross is who holds this loss. If he didn't try to act so smart he would've been better

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Slump? He is half our offense since august. He's top 3 ops since then. Without him we'd be Eliminated already. 

Bellinger should've called for the ball as CF, if Ross removed his head, he'd have kept PCA in, and PCA certainly would've caught it.

Our bullpen got taxed, pitch Assad four times in a week? Like how is that smart. That includes a 5 inning and 4 inning appearance. 

Ross is who holds this loss. If he didn't try to act so smart he would've been better

I agree Ross made many bad decisions, not taking any of the blame from him. Putting in PCA that early was not wise, talk about hitting slump. Hate that he got caught in that pickle too, kind of feel bad for the kid.

Sorry I should have said mid season….Suzuki struggled over the summer and was removed from the lineup for several games. He struggled against righties….

https://www.chicitysports.com/can-seiya-suzuki-dig-himself-out-of-his-slump

Great hitter when he’s making contact, and great team mate. Not impressed with his defense. Yeah he makes the easy catches, but always hold my breath when something challenging is hit his direction.

I think Canario might be the better option, and hasn’t been given enough time. Suzuki was paid a lot of money though, and they’ll ride with him until his contract is up.

29 minutes ago, HOZER said:

I agree Ross made many bad decisions, not taking any of the blame from him. Putting in PCA that early was not wise, talk about hitting slump. Hate that he got caught in that pickle too, kind of feel bad for the kid.

Sorry I should have said mid season….Suzuki struggled over the summer and was removed from the lineup for several games. He struggled against righties….

https://www.chicitysports.com/can-seiya-suzuki-dig-himself-out-of-his-slump

Great hitter when he’s making contact, and great team mate. Not impressed with his defense. Yeah he makes the easy catches, but always hold my breath when something challenging is hit his direction.

I think Canario might be the better option, and hasn’t been given enough time. Suzuki was paid a lot of money though, and they’ll ride with him until his contract is up.

I'll agree on the mid-season but his reset really helped and Heyward was a gold glover, not expecting that from Seiya.  It was a bad miss by him, but it shouldn't have been a matter. The Cubs blew it with Ross poor decision is my biggest issue. Since it seems like PCA is only there for D, who brings him in so early. Like I just can't figure out how ross is this dumb. I'm hoping he's fired after season especially if they miss

28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That was a damaging loss to say the least. Up 6-0 and can't hold it. I have been saying all year that the 1 weakness we have is our Bullpen. We have trouble holding leads and have lost way too many 1 run games.

Ross is biggest weakness. He taxed bullpen super early in year

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I'll agree on the mid-season but his reset really helped and Heyward was a gold glover, not expecting that from Seiya.  It was a bad miss by him, but it shouldn't have been a matter. The Cubs blew it with Ross poor decision is my biggest issue. Since it seems like PCA is only there for D, who brings him in so early. Like I just can't figure out how ross is this dumb. I'm hoping he's fired after season especially if they miss

As of right now we are still in 6th but tonight was a kick to the teeth.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think the Cubs will make it. I also see the Marlins getting in. Reds have the same amount of wins but two more losses. The season is about to end and I think they've run out of runway space to catch up unless Miami completely implodes. 

10 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

That and it seems to me he’s just trying to be everybody’s buddy, IDK. You have to be willing to make the hard decisions when necessary in that position. He’s still a pretty young/inexperienced manager, hopefully he’ll grow from this.

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ya, just a harder schedule though. Dbacks will sweep the White Soxs. 

So 3 fighting for 1

7 hours ago, HOZER said:

That and it seems to me he’s just trying to be everybody’s buddy, IDK. You have to be willing to make the hard decisions when necessary in that position. He’s still a pretty young/inexperienced manager, hopefully he’ll grow from this.

Yep, that's a major issue for him. He still acts like he's a player not their boss

• Like 1

Reds lose and are unofficially eliminated from the playoffs. It would take some insane miracles for them to get in now, including winning out and everyone else losing out. 

That’s not happening. Congrats to the Cubs and their fans. The Reds will be joining me at home wondering what if for yet another offseason…

• Like 2

I saw that Terry Francona may be retiring. I have not followed baseball much this year, but Terry looks nothing like what I remember. He looks so much older; I see that he has battled a lot of health issues. :(

As I think about it, he managed the Red Sox, the Phillies and the Indians/Guardians. So, he has had a long career. All the best in his retirement.

• Like 1

Another 1 run loss, another game where the Bullpen can't hold a lead. It has got to the point where it doesn't even upset anymore because I expect this. We have had the worse luck in these types of games. After blowing a 6-0 lead last night, no lead is safe with us. This really all started when we lost that 13 inning game to Arizona around 3 weeks ago. Since then we haven't been the same. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

Reds lose and are unofficially eliminated from the playoffs. It would take some insane miracles for them to get in now, including winning out and everyone else losing out. 

That’s not happening. Congrats to the Cubs and their fans. The Reds will be joining me at home wondering what if for yet another offseason…

Well join you by Friday 

We need a win and Marlins loss tomorrow in the worst way, otherwise this will really look bad. Losing all these 1 run games has taken a toll on me, so regarding tonight I am not even that upset. This season has actually been a lot better than I thought it would be, I had us finishing 81-81 before the season and gave us no chance at making the playoffs. So for me it makes it tough to be too disappointed. I just look at all the chances we have had to win some of these games in September and have just blown them. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We need a win and Marlins loss tomorrow in the worst way, otherwise this will really look bad. Losing all these 1 run games has taken a toll on me, so regarding tonight I am not even that upset. This season has actually been a lot better than I thought it would be, I had us finishing 81-81 before the season and gave us no chance at making the playoffs. So for me it makes it tough to be too disappointed. I just look at all the chances we have had to win some of these games in September and have just blown them. 

I wouldn’t be mad if I hadn’t seen what this team is truly capable earlier this season. They can beat ANYONE when clicking. Sucks to see them make so many mistakes and to continue to see the bullpen give up leads. Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst unfortunately.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HOZER said:

I wouldn’t be mad if I hadn’t seen what this team is truly capable earlier this season. They can beat ANYONE when clicking. Sucks to see them make so many mistakes and to continue to see the bullpen give up leads. Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst unfortunately.

I feel like a poker player, playing at a table, and I keep losing because someone catches a lucky card on the river even though I lead all hand. Freakin sick is what it is.

• Like 1