Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 MLB Baseball

21 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Stromans been rocky lately, hope he gets it going again. Would be nice to take the Reds down. Wonder who they’re looking at picking up since all signs point to them be buyers, if there’s anyone let that’s not injured.

We need middle relief, I have no idea who though. Stro has struggled lately. He is due for a good game. I hope it comes tomorrow.

• Like 1

Reds up 6-4 in the 8th. I am not impressed with eithers team Pitching tonight. Reds look like they have a tad more offense than we have as a whole after watching this game. They have more depth than we have IMO. Reds have built a nice team. Looking like they will get game 1. 

Brewers lost to the Nats tonight at least, that helps. 

• Like 2

Ugh was hoping for a comeback, lots of batters left on bases. Stroman needs to find out what his malfunction is or they need to let him go.  And what’s going on with Suzuki, not impressed with him at all, he may need a trip down to the minors to rediscover himself, bring somebody up that’s on a hitting streak and can play right field.

• Like 1

Just now, HOZER said:

Ugh was hoping for a comeback, lots of batters left on bases. Stroman needs to find out what his malfunction is or they need to let him go.  And what’s going on with Suzuki, not impressed with him at all, he may need a trip down to the minors to rediscover himself, bring somebody up that’s on a hitting streak and can play right field.

Not sure what is going on with Stro?? He hasn't looked good for a while now. Disaapointing really because we left so many guys on base. I am more disappointed though with Stro.

• Like 1

Reds have a really good offense and are well managed. They rarely beat themselves. I started noticing this about a month ago when they reeled of 12 straight wins. Hard to believe the Brewers beat them 10 times this year, had it not been for that, the Reds would have a great record. They don't play the Brewers anymore either. Reds at this point have to be favored to win the division. 

• Like 2

Yeah Reds are a good team for sure, well managed. 

Did you see the Cubs signed Candelario? Big bat that can play 1st/3rd. Curios to see if they move Wisdom to 1st and put Candelario on 3rd. Might be a nice boost to the offense. Suzuki worries me though, you can tell something’s bothering him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Reds have a really good offense and are well managed. They rarely beat themselves. I started noticing this about a month ago when they reeled of 12 straight wins. Hard to believe the Brewers beat them 10 times this year, had it not been for that, the Reds would have a great record. They don't play the Brewers anymore either. Reds at this point have to be favored to win the division. 

Thanks. It’s very odd how the Brewers always beat them. Reds have started to create a decent foundation now with a lot of young talent. I just hope they don’t trade them all off next offseason. The relief pitching is the biggest problem, much like the Cubs. I have a good amount of family in Chicago, they’re happy with the turnaround the team has enjoyed in July. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Thanks. It’s very odd how the Brewers always beat them. Reds have started to create a decent foundation now with a lot of young talent. I just hope they don’t trade them all off next offseason. The relief pitching is the biggest problem, much like the Cubs. I have a good amount of family in Chicago, they’re happy with the turnaround the team has enjoyed in July. 

I think the Reds are slightly better than the Cubs, it is close but you guys have more offense IMO. Out of the teams in our division, if we don't win it, I would be fine with the Reds winning it. I have relatives that are Reds fans.

Our schedule does get real easy again starting August 15th - 27th. We play the White Sox twice, Royals 3 times, Tigers 3 times and the Pirates 4 times in a 12 game stretch.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Reds won tonight, they are in 1st now. Cubs are 4 games out. Both teams start a 4 game set tomorrow at Wrigley. Biggest series of the season to date.

36 minutes ago, HOZER said:

It's really time to phantom injury stroman, it's been a month of crap 

Seiya needs to be down in lineup and stop thinking so much up there

Steele goes tomorrow. But reds have had our number this year like the brewers have those. So I'm curious how he'll be. If he can get over that hurdle 

Cubs also picked up Candelario from Nats. He originally came up with cubs before being traded in 2017

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

It's really time to phantom injury stroman, it's been a month of crap 

Seiya needs to be down in lineup and stop thinking so much up there

Steele goes tomorrow. But reds have had our number this year like the brewers have those. So I'm curious how he'll be. If he can get over that hurdle 

Cubs also picked up Candelario from Nats. He originally came up with cubs before being traded in 2017

Steele has been outstanding lately. I would think we would win tomorrow.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Reds have had our number so I am not counting anything that is for sure.

It's honestly crazy how streaky all MLB teams are. We can never beat the Brewers or Padres, the Cardinals never seem to play well against the Cubbies, the Reds always seem to treat the Cubbies games like it's the world series... Pirates always find weird ways to beat the Dodgers every year but then lose to nearly everyone else... 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs look fantastic tonight. Much needed win. Back above .500 at 54-53. This is in the bag up 16-5 in the 8th. Just 4 games out of 1st place again in the NL Central. It is still anyone's division between the Reds, Brewers, and Cubs.

42 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Woah… just checked the score 17-5. Good on the Cubs. 

I was right about the Steele worry. Gave up 5 runs and 4 earned. 

The offense didn't care though! 20-9

The Reds ended up putting up 4 in the 9th off of Kay who has not looked good in mlb

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I was right about the Steele worry. Gave up 5 runs and 4 earned. 

The offense didn't care though! 20-9

The Reds ended up putting up 4 in the 9th off of Kay who has not looked good in mlb

Yeah scoring 20 runs is something I didn't expect at all. Watch, tomorrow we will only score 1 or 2 runs chuckling homer simpson GIF

Wow that was a crazy game! Tuned in late and Cubs were already up 5 in the first! Candelerio looked good during his first outing back with the Cubs! Hope they can keep this energy going for the rest of the season!

image.thumb.png.f568ac29a897b31b8659a121e44bd714.png

• Thanks 1

Just now, HOZER said:

Wow that was a crazy game! Tuned in late and Cubs were already up 5 in the first! Candelerio looked good during his first outing back with the Cubs! Hope they can keep this energy going for the rest of the season!

I was getting ready to say fly the flag haha , you beat me too it. Fun game tonight no doubt.

• Like 1

Cubs smash the Reds again, 16-6. The Cubs bats are smoking! At 55-53, we are now just 3 games out of 1st place in the NL Central. 

NL Central standings heading into August 3rd

1. Reds 59-51

2. Brewers 58-51 (.5 back)

3. Cubs 55-53 (3 back)

This is why counting out teams after June is a huge mistake. We were 9.5 games out heading into July/after June and the media was writing off the Cubs season. Starting August 15th, our schedule becomes soft up through August 27th. We play the White Sox twice, Royals 3 times, Tigers 3 times, and the Pirates 4 times during that stretch. If we can just be within 4 games or better of 1st going into mid August, I will still feel good now about winning the division. We are 3 out right now.

Fly the flag @HOZER

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs smash the Reds again, 16-6. The Cubs bats are smoking! At 55-53, we are now just 3 games out of 1st place in the NL Central. 

1. Reds 59-51

3. Cubs 55-53 (3 back)

This is why counting out teams after June is a huge mistake. We were 9.5 games out heading into July/after June and the media was writing off the Cubs season. Starting August 15th, our schedule becomes soft up through August 27th. We play the White Sox twice, Royals 3 times, Tigers 3 times, and the Pirates 4 times during that stretch. If we can just be within 4 games or better of 1st going into mid August, I will still feel good now about winning the division. We are 3 out right now.

Fly the flag @HOZER

Cubs bats are definitely ….

image.gif.889d027d2cb1a39828901c9344cccec1.gif

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

1. Reds 59-51

3. Cubs 55-53 (3 back)

Fly the flag @HOZER

But can they stay hot, tonight or will the 4 game split happen like normal

• Like 1

Cubs win Cubs win Major League Baseball Go Braves GIF by MLB, took 3 out of 4 from the Reds. We have a fun 3 team race in the NL Central heading into August 4th.

Standings

1. Brewers 59-51

2. Reds 59-52 (.5 back)

3. Cubs 56-53 (2.5 back)

4. Pirates 48-60 (10 back)

5. Cardinals 48-62 (11 back)

MLB Network by % has, the Brewers winning the division at 34%, Reds at 33%, Cubs at 29%, Pirates at 2%, Cards at 2%. 

I was looking at the Cubs vs Cards rivalry since the beginning of the 2016 season. It is interesting from the 2016 season-2023 season as of now. Almost 8 seasons to go on:

Regular Season wins

Cubs 609, Cards 609 (same)

NL Central Division Championships

Cubs 3 = 2016, 2017, 2020 (3)

Cards 2 = 2019, 2022 (2)

NL Pennants

Cubs 1 = 2016 (1)

Cards 0 (0)

Worls Series Championships

Cubs 1 = 2016 (1)

Cards 0 (0)

-Great to be a Cubs fan now days because before 2016, the Cards dominated this rivalry. 8 seasons is a pretty large sample size though. What is funny is, we even spotted everyone in the division basically 2 seasons = 2021 and 2022 by getting rid of most of our main core that was great from 2016-2020

Fly the flag @HOZER, this is getting interesting now. I never expected this to begin the season but that is Baseball.

The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win Cubs win Major League Baseball Go Braves GIF by MLB, took 3 out of 4 from the Reds. We have a fun 3 team race in the NL Central heading into August 4th.

Standings

1. Brewers 59-51

2. Reds 59-52 (.5 back)

3. Cubs 56-53 (2.5 back)

4. Pirates 48-60 (10 back)

5. Cardinals 48-62 (11 back)

MLB Network by % has, the Brewers winning the division at 34%, Reds at 33%, Cubs at 29%, Pirates at 2%, Cards at 2%. 

I was looking at the Cubs vs Cards rivalry since the beginning of the 2016 season. It is interesting from the 2016 season-2023 season as of now. Almost 8 seasons to go on:

Regular Season wins

Cubs 609, Cards 609 (same)

NL Central Division Championships

Cubs 3 = 2016, 2017, 2020 (3)

Cards 2 = 2019, 2022 (2)

NL Pennants

Cubs 1 = 2016 (1)

Cards 0 (0)

Worls Series Championships

Cubs 1 = 2016 (1)

Cards 0 (0)

-Great to be a Cubs fan now days because before 2016, the Cards dominated this rivalry. 8 seasons is a pretty large sample size though. What is funny is, we even spotted everyone in the division basically 2 seasons = 2021 and 2022 by getting rid of most of our main core that was great from 2016-2020

Fly the flag @HOZER, this is getting interesting now. I never expected this to begin the season but that is Baseball.

The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

Now time to face the NL top team braves. Big boy time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The great thing about our WS win is the fact at least the younger generation was able to see it live as in even a 14 yr old now who would have been 7 then and people in their 20's that are diehard fans of Baseball know about it because it happened in 2016 going into 2017. So our WS win will be remembered a long time by everyone. 

I bring this up because it always bothers me how many don't even remember the 80's or 90's at all. The 80's and 90's had so many great athletes and teams in Baseball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

Good on you Cubbies fans. It looks like the Reds might be sliding and fading. Please for the love of all that is holy don't let the Brewers take the division yet again... 

Not sure how things will play out but the Cubs could lose a little ground over the next few days. The Brewers just started a 4 game set with the Pirates, then they play 3 vs the Rockies, and then at the White Sox for 3. Your Reds start a 3 game set vs the Nats tonight. Cubs play the Braves in the next 3. That is why it was huge for the Cubs to get 3 of 4 from the Reds. Things will even out though because the Cubs schedule gets soft from mid August- the 27th as I posted above. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not sure how things will play out but the Cubs could lose a little ground over the next few days. The Brewers just started a 4 game set with the Pirates, then they play 3 vs the Rockies, and then at the White Sox for 3. Your Reds start a 3 game set vs the Nats tonight. Cubs play the Braves in the next 3. That is why it was huge for the Cubs to get 3 of 4 from the Reds. Things will even out though because the Cubs schedule gets soft from mid August- the 27th as I posted above. 

I'd be all for the Cubs taking the division over the Brewers. Sick of seeing that team up at the top and doing absolutely nothing in the postseason. 

My hope for the Reds is to at least make the wildcard. That would be huge for a team was considered dead on arrival this year. 

• Like 1

Just now, RollerColt said:

I'd be all for the Cubs taking the division over the Brewers. Sick of seeing that team up at the top and doing absolutely nothing in the postseason. 

My hope for the Reds is to at least make the wildcard. That would be huge for a team was considered dead on arrival this year. 

If the Cubs don't win the division, I hope it is the Reds. I hate the Brewers - their fan base sucks. It doesn't seem like it but the Cards actually won the division last year. Brewers won in 2018 and 2021.

• Like 2

I am pretty much focused on Baseball now, now that the Cubs are in a Division race. So I will only just be posting here for a while unless the Colts get a major injury for example. As in AR or Pittman, or Taylor actually signs a new deal/gets traded. First pre-season game I may chime in on the game thread as well. I have just tired of the back and forth with a few on Colts threads when your opinion isn't respected and the way certain people twist things where they can't even admit they are wrong. The other day was the straw that broke the Camel's backHomer Simpson Reaction GIF- It is all good in here. Homer is chillin with his drink lmao. Go Cubs, I love this thread. Shout out to  @Jay Kirkfor creating this way back in 2015.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am pretty much focused on Baseball now, now that the Cubs are in a Division race. So I will only just be posting here for a while unless the Colts get a major injury for example. As in AR or Pittman, or Taylor actually signs a new deal/gets traded. First pre-season game I may chime in on the game thread as well. I have just tired of the back and forth with a few on Colts threads when your opinion isn't respected and the way certain people twist things where they can't even admit they are wrong. The other day was the straw that broke the Camel's backHomer Simpson Reaction GIF- It is all good in here. Homer is chillin with his drink lmao. Go Cubs, I love this thread. Shout out to  @Jay Kirkfor creating this way back in 2015.

Gone but not forgotten @Jay Kirk. May he be blessed and happy wherever he is and whatever he's doing! 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Gone but not forgotten @Jay Kirk. May he be blessed and happy wherever he is and whatever he's doing! 

Yeah this thread has always gave me a peace of mind. We all get along in here and respect one another's opinion. Nobody attacks each other in here over a post they make, although I did get on Myles for saying Wrigley was a dump, I just thought that was out of linechuckling homer simpson GIF. I even get along with the Cards fans in here lmao , of course Jay is a huge Cards fan. Right now it is slow in this thread because teams like the Cards, Mets, and Yankees are all struggling where normally we would have 4 or 5 more people posting. I will even admit, If the Cubs were stinking it up I probably wouldn't be here much. Watching Baseball in August when your team stinks with nothing on the line is monotonous. Doesn't mean I am less of a fan of the Cubs when they do stink but that is just a true statement. I still always watch the playoffs regardless no matter who is in it. Luckily the Cubs have been better than I thought, so the last month has been fun.