Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is the writing on the wall with recent hirings?

strt182

First off if this needs to be merged Mods please do so . With the news of some coaching hires today does this show more signs of what some thing is going to happen here in Indy. 

Frank Reich hired as Panthers HC ( played for them) 

DeMeco Ryans hired as Texans HC ( played for them)

Seems a trend is being set this year. Yes they have more coaching on their resume then a former Colts player. 

I just kinda find this interesting and kinda funny.

12 minutes ago, strt182 said:

First off if this needs to be merged Mods please do so . With the news of some coaching hires today does this show more signs of what some thing is going to happen here in Indy. 

Seems a trend is being set this year. Yes they have more coaching on their resume then a former Colts player. 

Interesting observation but I’m guessing it’s just a coincidence. Maybe Demeco playing in Houston played a part but he was a hot candidate so was getting hired somewhere. 

22 minutes ago, strt182 said:

Trend?    More like a coincidence.  

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yep. At this point why would we wait around if we were picking Saturday? We’d have been wasting time and falling behind on building a coaching staff. I feel like if Jeff was the guy we’d have known by now. 

18 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Although this is a fun thing to ponder about, that's about as far as it goes.

DeMeco Ryans may have been a 2-time pro bowler and cornerstone of the Texans defense when he was a player, but Frank Reich's 37 of 84 for 441 yards, 2 TD's and 2 INT's in three games for the expansion Panthers is hardly enough to move the Levers of Universal Fate one way or the other.

But it's fun, though.

6 hours ago, strt182 said:

I doubt it is a trend. Sean Payton did not play for the Broncos. He is the Broncos new head coach. 

1 hour ago, AwesomeAustin said:

You said it twice so it must be true :woah:

Lol. It is true.

Although I said it was not a trend, I do think that if Mr. Irsay wishes to hire Saturday, seeing other clubs hire former players may influence him to go ahead and hire Saturday. At times it seems that teams copy what other teams are doing. 

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. It is true.

Although I said it was not a trend, I do think that if Mr. Irsay wishes to hire Saturday, seeing other clubs hire former players may influence him to go ahead and hire Saturday. At times it seems that teams copy what other teams are doing. 

colts should copy winning

8 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. It is true.

You are right, the NFL is a copy cat league. I understand why Ballard and Reich tried to buck the trend and create a team that matches up well with the pass happy offenses dominating the league. QB aside, they didn’t pull it off mainly bc we missed on too many pass rush draft picks. 5 picks in the first two rounds were on DE and Paye is the only starter quality player out of the bunch. 

I think if Saturday was the guy they would have already hired him and started assembling the staff. I believe he made the 2nd round of interviews out of courtesy bc there is no way he is qualified to reload a team. I doubt Houston hiring a former player will influence this decision.  DeMeco had multiple teams wanting him, he choose Houston bc he played there more than the other way around. 

Right. How our Colts performed without Reich, his fired OC, hs quit TE coach should have warned Carolina about Reich that is for sure. Even moreso how we performed With Them.
 Same with Ryans. I'm sorry i can't seem come up with some twisted, laughable connection to the Colts situation. 
 What i am edgy about is that Gus hasn't been fired, nor Strausser. I'm very edgy about that! I seriously hope Frank hires Brady and Strausser. And Gus. 

5 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Right. How our Colts performed without Reich, his fired OC, hs quit TE coach should have warned Carolina about Reich that is for sure. Even moreso how we performed With Them.
 Same with Ryans. I'm sorry i can't seem come up with some twisted, laughable connection to the Colts situation. 
 What i am edgy about is that Gus hasn't been fired, nor Strausser. I'm very edgy about that! I seriously hope Frank hires Brady and Strausser. And Gus. 

This could work. I mean, the Denver Colts won a Super Bowl, so why not the Carolina Colts? 

11 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. It is true.

Thats kinda why i made the post. I know its just coincidence. The copy part is also what i was meaning by the writing on the wall. I think it could give Irsay a right of passage so to speak in his mind maybe.  

Archived