Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Confidence level in Colts right now

bluephantom87

24 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I think . . .total speculation now.  Irsay wants to be liked and has a habit of doubling down.  He did the same thing for Grigs and Pagano.  He extended to big money and years then fired one then the other.

i think he’s too much of a fan to be a very good owner.  

Yea. I’m not sure what to think regarding Irsay. Enough has been said negatively about Jim, and I’m not trying to do that, nor do I want to make this thread about that.  

On one hand, a person can present a logical argument that this team and roster aren’t that far away from being in contention. You could certainly make the argument that with a better QB and HC, this team could at least compete for a wild card spot in the playoffs (not that this is a glowing endorsement). But certainly not bottom of the barrel.

On the other hand though, holy cow. It’s getting harder and harder to defend the decisions Irsay is making and the direction the organization is heading.

So my confidence is pretty low and it’s a direct result of the owner, which is a crappy feeling as a fan of that owners team. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/29/2023 at 6:20 AM, bluephantom87 said:

It's championship Sunday in the NFL and down to four teams. As I sit here it got me to thinking about the Colts. Are we YEARS away from participating in a AFCCG? How CONFIDENT are you in the team's future moving forward? Do you feel strongly that we're headed in the right direction and will nail the hc / qb or simply continue on a cloudy type of path that steers us further away from contention? My fingers are crossed for success but with all the drama going on and the new perception nationally of an unstable franchise with no direction has me at about 60/40 that it'll be more down days before this ship can turnaround any time soon. Thoughts?

I try to be an optimist in good times and bad.   So I’m sorry to say I have very little optimism about our future in near terms, the next two years at least, maybe more.  

Look at the AFC:

West:

KC: Mahomes

LAC: Herbert

Den:  Wilson

LV:   ?

North:

Cin: Burrow

Balt: Jackson

Cle:  Watson

Pitt:  Pickett

East:

Buff: Allen

Mia:  Tua

NE:  Jones

NYJ:    ?

South:

J’Ville: Lawrence

Hou:   Draft Pick

Ten:    Tannehill

Indy:    Draft Pick

That’s more than 10 teams whose QB situation is better than the Colts.  Now clearly the Colts don’t have to beat all those teams, but they’re going to have beat many of them, and some are the best QBs in the entire NFL.   And I’d guess the Colts will have to trade future high draft picks in order to trade up to draft the QB they want, rather than stay put and just accept the QB that falls to them.  

So I’m sorry to say I don’t see much reason for a lot of optimism.   And it gives me no pleasure to say that.  And I’d rather be wrong and have the Colts exceed my expectations than be right and have the colts be stuck in the middle. 

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

So I’m sorry to say I don’t see much reason for a lot of optimism.   And it gives me no pleasure to say that.  And I’d rather be wrong and have the Colts exceed my expectations than be right and have the colts be stuck in the middle. 

This is how I’ve felt about the direction of this team for a while NCF.  It wasn’t personal or agenda driven.  I just thought we were headed in the wrong direction in many ways and on many different levels.

gives me no pleasure that a lot of the skepticism proved well founded.  

we kinda have a little meeting place here on. Sundays.  We project the Colts on the wall and have 3 or 4 other games going.  . Family and friends my boys and their friends come

Over.  But well last half of the season we were sitting here by ourselves following fantasy football.  It’s just not the same when the team isn’t good.

Archived