Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mock Draft (Need & Value)

The Colts have a lot of needs this year going into the draft. For use to be successful in this years draft we can't be reaching for players. This is how I would like to see us draft.

Round 1

Pick # 1 QB - Andrew Luck - Nuff said.

Round 2

Pick # 34 CB - Janoris Jenkins - Fills our 2nd biggest need. 1st round talent that slips to the 2nd because of character concerns. He may end up being the best CB in this year’s draft class.

Round 3

Pick # 65 NT - Alameda Ta'amu - With us going to a 3-4 base defence we have almost all of our D-line playing out of position. Ta’amu gives us a NT that can rotate in and out with McKinney and gives us strength up the middle.

Round 4

Pick # 97 TE - Orson Charles - I really like Charles and think he could be the best TE in this year’s draft and with this drafts crop of TE’s I think it would be wise to only draft one after round 4.

Round 5

Pick # 136 OLB - Bruce Irvin - He’s still pretty raw as a football player but his is a natural pass rusher that will have to learn to play in coverage (Freeney and Mathis will have to lean coverage too). Will rotate at OLB and eventually be Freeney’s replacement.

Pick # 170 WR - Devon Wylie - Could be a huge steal in the 5th. Great slot receiver to compete with Collie and also provides good value with good return skills. He also played gunner on special teams so it show’s his toughness.

Round 6

Pick # 206 TE - James Hanna - As of right now we only really have one TE on the roster so we will need to draft or sign another. We already drafted Charles our pure receiving TE, Eldridge is our pure blocking TE and Hanna would be a nice combination of both

Round 7

Pick # 208 ILB - Vontaze Burfict - I would take a chance on Burfict in the 7th round. Needs a good locker room, coaching staff and conditioning program to get back to where he should have been going into the draft. If he can’t turn him playing career around we cut our losses and move on. Low risk high reward.

Pick # 214 WR - Chris Owusu- Instant chemistry with Luck. Could give us that Garcon type replacement.

Pick # 253 K - Randy Bullock - 2011 Lou Garza Award winner. Does anyone really see a reason to keep Vinatieri on the roster? He has the 4th highest salary on the team and is 39 years old. We may have to cut him to create cap room to sign draft picks and potential FA’s.

Can you please list the needs in your order and explain why CB is second on that list? Also...McAffee is going to take over for Vinatieri eventually. If anything...we'll get a new punter. Evidence?

McAffee address that near the end of the Facebook Friday video

http://www.colts.com/media-center/videos/Facebook-Friday-Pat-McAfee/d1b9b99e-8306-4e3c-a13c-e0c72492ed5e

and then watch this

Yeah, luck will do great with just Wayne. Collie and Avery explode when they get touched. You sound like the Jags and Rams, "We don't need WRs anyway." look how that worked for their QBs last year. So yes.

Maybe one or two for depth. Man you do know how to convince people

Ta'amu is a good player but needs to stop being put on everyones mocks at third. The Colts need at least one good CB, WR, and TE before we should even think about NT. Grigson even talked up McKinney and Johnson and said we are ok at the position. So maybe Chapman or Hicks in like the 5th. I also don't see any WRs that become quality players and be a good supporting cast for Luck so I would throw one in earlier.

Yeah, luck will do great with just Wayne. Collie and Avery explode when they get touched. You sound like the Jags and Rams, "We don't need WRs anyway." look how that worked for their QBs last year. So yes.

Quick or Broyles may be nice in the 3rd, anyone else might be a reach. In the 2nd there most likely will not even be anyone worth it there.

Did I say we need a #1? I said we need one earlier than late in the fifth, that's hardly asking for a #1. Someone in the 2nd-4th range.

Dont think we need Need a WR early I agree if your going for depth 5 or 6th would be fine.Rarely ever is a 1 Wr taken out of 1st or 2nd and we dont need a 1 yet.So why draft a 2 project receiver in early rounds?Do we not have enough projects?2nd round needs to be a starter for us not a project or later or depth.

Dont think we need Need a WR early I agree if your going for depth 5 or 6th would be fine.Rarely ever is a 1 Wr taken out of 1st or 2nd and we dont need a 1 yet.So why draft a 2 project receiver in early rounds?Do we not have enough projects?2nd round needs to be a starter for us not a project or later or depth.

Who does Luck have to throw to other than Wayne, who's old and slow?