Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll: Five weeks into 2022 season, Who has NFL's worst offense?

VikingsFanInChennai

Poll: Five weeks into 2022 season, Who has NFL's worst offense?   

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which AFC team has the worst offense? (Rank them/Add alternative in comments)

• Houston Texans
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • Denver Broncos
    • Pittsburgh Steelers
    • New England Patriots
  2. 2. Which NFC team has the worst offense? (Rank them/Add alternative in comments)

• Chicago Bears
    • Carolina Panthers
    • Atlanta Falcons
    • Washington Commanders
    • New York Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/15/2022 at 11:55 PM

Point per game, we do (Colts), yards wise we are better than 8 teams though. To me Denver looks like the worst in the AFC, NFC it is Washington just by the eye test. By the way the Rams are only averaging 16 points a game and Sean is a genius by everyone's opinion on planet earth. I voted Denver and Washington. Pittsburgh and Denver is a coin flip, but I went Denver. 

I could've added LA Rams, good point. They don't have running game, Akers is doing badly so far unless it's against bad rush defenses and not sure why they don't give more snaps to Henderson Jr. In the passing game, they either target Kupp or the TE, and others are just not performing. Definitely an offensive unit struggling mightily. 

Hackett and Reich sure did battle it out for who's the worst Play calling HC in the game. 

Colts are scoring the league-worst 13.8 points per game

One of those games they scored zero, and another zero TDs

They are tied for the most sacks in the league

4th worst in rushing 

Denver somehow did look worse last Thurs, but it's hard to not put the Colts as #1 unfortunately. 

AFC its a coin flip between Colts and Broncos, both brought in vet QB's and had high expectations. Both have looked like the worst in the league at time.

NFC has to be the Bears, I swear every time I look at the stat lines Fields has 120 yards passing and they rush for 70 yards or so.

8 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Broncos have no excuse for being this bad. Sutton and Jeudy alone should be enough for them to be at least competitive. But as of right now they (the offense) look ridiculously bad. 

Meanwhile Mayfield and the Panthers got their head coach fired. 

And Broncos running game also was clicking, in fact, very well before the injury, even with some costly fumbles like both RBs fumbling in 1 yard goal line in the first game. 

They've also been going for 4th down, Rather than taking FGs in few games, and failing in it. 

Kicker has been good, except in close low scoring games, missing one each against the Colts and 49ers. 

They've failed their only 2-point conversion they tried as well. 

There's been mismanagement during the game by the head coach. 

They've had 16 3-and-outs in 5 games, 15 in last 3 games, and 9 in just one game against 9ers which I'm not sure if it's a record. 

Even with all these issues, Russell Wilson needs to do much better, at least they know where they have to improve. 

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I went with the Colts and the Bears.   I would be curious to see the yards per quarter.   Seems the Colts must be at, or near the bottom of yards in the first half.

I manually counted (so there may be little inconsistencies but we get to see the whole picture) total yards of Colts offense in 4th quarter and Extra Time, subtracting sacked yards and not including any penalty yards. 

It's 749 yards total in 5 games in 4Q & ET. 

Total yards per game per yahoo sports for the Colts, 366.6 total yards, that's 1833 total yards in 5 games. 

That means, Colts offense has got only 1084 total yards of offense in first 3 quarters of 5 games, but have got 70% of that total in 4th Quarter and ET alone!

That's 15 quarters, a MEAGRE 72 Total yards of offense scored per quarter in first 3 quarters on average, not just first half of games. 

That's just clearly bad play for first 3 quarters every game!! 

@danlhart87 @chad72 @NFLfan

6 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I manually counted (so there may be little inconsistencies but we get to see the whole picture) total yards of Colts offense in 4th quarter and Extra Time, subtracting sacked yards and not including any penalty yards. 

It's 749 yards total in 5 games in 4Q & ET. 

Total yards per game per yahoo sports for the Colts, 366.6 total yards, that's 1833 total yards in 5 games. 

That means, Colts offense has got only 1084 total yards of offense in first 3 quarters of 5 games, but have got 70% of that total in 4th Quarter and ET alone!

That's 15 quarters, a MEAGRE 72 Total yards of offense scored in first 3 quarters, not just first half of games. 

That's just clearly bad play for first 3 quarters every game!! 

@danlhart87 @chad72 @NFLfan

Thanks for this, pretty much as I suspected.  It should also be noted that the Colts are worst in the league in 4th down conversion % at 16.7%.   

Observations:

Josh McDaniel's offensive scheme has ruined QB Derek Carr (THE QB that Chris Ballard WANTED to trade for)

The Colts and the Broncos will get things turned around sooner than later.  New faces in new places with new schemes take a while to mesh.

Matt Rhule got fired because he couldn't get the QB right.  I remember that some folks here on the forum wanted us to trade for Darnold and/or Mayfield.  HAHAHAHA

Archived