Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Darius’ injury

csmopar

15 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

We have no idea on how many turnovers he would create this year. It might be none. What someone does the previous year is no guarantee on what they will do the next. They may only be a shell of what they once were. Look how fast Greg Norman lost it in golf. Look how fast Ray Fosse lost it in baseball. There are hundreds of examples in all sports over the years. 

Amusing comps. As i recall Norman, so long ago, lost it between the ears, not physically. And Fosse, lost it when Pete Rose destroyed his shoulder.

As for Leonard, he is good for 7-8 turnovers if he plays most of a season.

He is just that good. And ALL those turnovers SAVES the D's bacon.
 His play is sorely missed. It's ironic the modestly gifted, over achieving Z Franklin is the one that crushed him. Z is getting burnt a lot so he wants to make up for it by hustling to the pile. Yes, someone then gets hurt.

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

Amusing comps. As i recall Norman, so long ago, lost it between the ears, not physically. And Fosse, lost it when Pete Rose destroyed his shoulder.

As for Leonard, he is good for 7-8 turnovers if he plays most of a season.

He is just that good. And ALL those turnovers SAVES the D's bacon.
 His play is sorely missed. It's ironic the modestly gifted, over achieving Z Franklin is the one that crushed him. Z is getting burnt a lot so he wants to make up for it by hustling to the pile. Yes, someone then gets hurt.

Athletes get hurt all the time and some are never the same. I think Leonard’s best days have passed. He will make some plays no doubt, but consistently doing it game after game is unlikely right now at least for me. His injuries and financial situation will most likely reduce his passion and desire to give it his all every play every game.

Leonard is essentially George Kittle now. Arguably the best at his position when healthy, but rarely healthy now. I hate to sound like Mr. Doom and Gloom, but I think it’s time to move on. He’s probably no longer worth a 1st round pick but you may be able to squeeze a 2nd out of a team for him. I would wait till the off-season to do it though. 

Archived