Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would Reich giving up play calling make a genuine difference?

Hoose

Let’s say that Frank swallows his pride and gives up the game time offensive play calls to Marcus Brady. They can call it “a need to better focus on the overall job of Head Coach”. 
Brady has no NFL experience with play calling but did that job for approximately 6 years in the CFL. It can’t be any worse than Frank’s performance, and it might just make enough of  a difference to get the season back on track. 
Honestly, short of firing Reich right now, which has its definite drawbacks, this might be the one thing that could change the course of the season. 
No, Frank can’t block for the O line; he can’t put pressure on the QB; but a better start out of the gates could

make all the difference. If I’m the Colts management, I’m demanding that this happen immediately. If Frank refuses, fire him. 
Regime change at this point in the season rarely works; but some kind of change HAS to happen now. This seems to me the most logical and obvious move to make. Thoughts?

I don't know. Have we ever seen Marcus Brady call plays?

But I don't think this is the game that should have him lost his playcalling. His game plan was solid against TEN.

TEN was down their starting LBer (Cunningham), a starting CB (Molden) and their starting SS (Hooker). And he went with a heavy dose of TE plays, which clearly worked. 

He has a knack for exploiting a defense's weaknesses. But he also has a knack for boneheaded plays. And it's not his fault that his OL turned into a pumpkin and that his QB turns the ball over quite a bit.

7 minutes ago, stitches said:

Probably not. This team doesn't have good explosive weapons in the pass-game and the OL is massively underperforming and getting the QB killed and the RB has no runway to operate. 

They really don't. And they don't even have the YOLO deep balls either this season. Ryan can barely get it 45 yards. 

But the biggest impact is on JT. RBs can't operate in an offense with a QB like that.

4 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

They really don't. And they don't even have the YOLO deep balls either this season. Ryan can barely get it 45 yards. 

But the biggest impact is on JT. RBs can't operate in an offense with a QB like that.

I disgree. We have explosive weapons but the oline has to block

Really, what do they have to lose with giving Brady a shot at this? I suppose with the short week, such a change before then is unlikely. But given the likelihood that Frank will continue to be Frank in Thursday's game, I do see a change making sense after that. Reich is in over his head with play calling; if management continues to ride this dead horse, bigger changes are coming. I don't see Ballard putting his own job at risk just to salve Frank's ego. 

Archived