Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who would you have picked.........

2 hours ago, GoHorse1992 said:

Christian Watson would have been enticing but Trevor Penning probably would have been better to ensure the future at LT and knowing there’s great WR depth later on in the draft. 

I got to concur here. Penning would have been the pick at 16. I really liked Jahan Dotson but not at 16. 

6 hours ago, DoubleE Colt said:

If we hadn't traded our first pick? Just for fun really and assuming the other 15 picks before went in the same order....I believe we would have picked 16th.....so who would it have been?

I originally was pushing for Pickens. Once word was he was essentially off our board (or at least close insiders said they had moved on from him, which to me implies they had sources thinking the team had also), I liked our Pierce pick just fine. He fit our profile better than Skyy, even if Skyy was rated slightly higher.

However, if we stayed at pick 16?

I would have grabbed Treylon Burks in a heartbeat. People that wanted Deebo, there was talk he was the closest thing to Deebo since Deebo. And lots of other comps to AJ Brown. 

He just woulda been a RAC machine w Ryan and with Pittman opposite him.

But that said, I am completely good w Pierce and he will help add an element that allows us to take a top off the defense. So all's well and ends well. 

Archived