Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Draft

3 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Luck retiring happened awhile ago and it is getting very old. He has had 3+ years to find a long term starter and he relies on other teams cast offs

I thought you were smarter than this Moosejaw.....

The ONLY two prominent FA QB's that were available AFTER Luck's retirement was Tom Brady and Phillip Rivers.....Tom Brady was NEVER going to be a Colt.....

The ONLY drafted QB that would have been available to us per our draft position would have been Jalen Hurts and with his style he got banged up as expected and Joe Flacco and Gardner Minshew finished last season for the Eagles.

There are exactly ZERO teams willing to trade a Franchise QB either with one exception - Matthew Stafford was traded for two first round picks, a third round pick AND a starting QB in Jared Goff. We were never in that trade because the Lions needed a starting QB in return and we didn't have one to offer!

Outside of that anomaly there are zero teams that are willing to trade a Franchise QB.

So your point about it "getting old" is dumb! Ballard has done the best he could given the circumstances.

The last fact is this - Andrew Luck retired during the 4th Quarter of the 4th Pre-Season game. Damn near every team in this league would have gone into a tailspin after losing their Franchise QB that way. This ain't Madden, this is real life....and real life gut punched this Franchise and the fact that we have remained competitive with a new starting QB every year since then says more about the rest of the roster that most people still bash on! I can tell who actually played and who may have coached teams before because they understand all of these dynamics and don't simply point fingers at one of the most respected and competent GM's in the league!

You don't believe me, go back and look up the FA QB's and the realistic draftable QB's available to us.....I'll wait!

6 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

And only 165 pounds. Doesn’t sound like a durable option to me 

Yikes. Yeah I’d pass. Way to small to hold up for a regular 17 game season.

5 hours ago, buccolts said:

Clyde Edwards-Helaire     5'7"       205#      Successful? Hmm.

He’s a RB though. I meant wide receivers. A guy that small would get killed the first time he went across the middle and a safety put a lick on him.

4 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

I thought you were smarter than this Moosejaw.....

The ONLY two prominent FA QB's that were available AFTER Luck's retirement was Tom Brady and Phillip Rivers.....Tom Brady was NEVER going to be a Colt.....

The ONLY drafted QB that would have been available to us per our draft position would have been Jalen Hurts and with his style he got banged up as expected and Joe Flacco and Gardner Minshew finished last season for the Eagles.

There are exactly ZERO teams willing to trade a Franchise QB either with one exception - Matthew Stafford was traded for two first round picks, a third round pick AND a starting QB in Jared Goff. We were never in that trade because the Lions needed a starting QB in return and we didn't have one to offer!

Outside of that anomaly there are zero teams that are willing to trade a Franchise QB.

So your point about it "getting old" is dumb! Ballard has done the best he could given the circumstances.

The last fact is this - Andrew Luck retired during the 4th Quarter of the 4th Pre-Season game. Damn near every team in this league would have gone into a tailspin after losing their Franchise QB that way. This ain't Madden, this is real life....and real life gut punched this Franchise and the fact that we have remained competitive with a new starting QB every year since then says more about the rest of the roster that most people still bash on! I can tell who actually played and who may have coached teams before because they understand all of these dynamics and don't simply point fingers at one of the most respected and competent GM's in the league!

You don't believe me, go back and look up the FA QB's and the realistic draftable QB's available to us.....I'll wait!

I am smarter.  My point is  after Luck  retired and Jacoby's flame out , they should have drafted one rather than go after everyone else's  cast offs.

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

They have had 3 drafts to fix the problem 

You don’t seem to get it….  Many teams go decades looking for their next great quarterback.   Making a big expensive trade  is proof of nothing.

Making a post and writing that they’ve had three drafts to fix the problem literally demonstrates just how little you understand.    Finding a great quarterback is the hardest thing in American sports.  Not just in football, but in all sports.  That’s how few of them there are.    

The things you think are either easy or obvious almost never are.   And often, they’re the opposite. 

One last thought:  the Colts have only had TWO drafts to make a move.  20 & 21.   Luck retired in August of 19.  

22 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I am smarter.  My point is  after Luck  retired and Jacoby's flame out , they should have drafted one rather than go after everyone else's  cast offs.

And what could they have done differently in your opinion? I feel like, given the options that they were presented with they did the best they could in Phillip Rivers and Carson Wentz.

There was nobody else to sign, or trade for or draft that would have been better than what we currently have unless you think Jalen Hurts is the answer?

Archived