Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Greatest winning QB's in SB history (1966-2020 seasons) SB wins/SB Apps as a starter


Recommended Posts

For fans that think winning SB's or getting to one comes easy, here are the top 7 QB's that have won 2 SB's + had at least 4 appearances as a starter. 55 SB's  have been played. SB Apps are the tie breaker over the QB's that have won 2. 

 

1. Tom Brady 7 SB wins, 10 Apps

 

2. Joe Montana 4 SB wins, 4 Apps

 

2. Terry Bradshaw 4 SB wins, 4 Apps (tied with Montana)

 

4. Troy Aikman 3 SB wins, 3 Apps

 

5. John Elway 2 SB wins, 5 Apps

 

6. Peyton Manning 2 SB wins, 4 Apps - 1 win with Indy and 2 Apps

 

6. Roger Staubach 2 SB wins, 4 Apps (tied with Peyton)

 

-very short list in 55 seasons, 7 QB's out of thousands. Just a little history for you folks :sip:

 

Bottomline, we need the right QB to go to multiple SB's and win at least 2! I guess we can play the lottery lmao . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The super bowl is a very poor way to measure a QB's greatness. 

Especially since so many teams/cities are not wanted in the Big Game by Networks, Advertisers and other preferred teams & markets.... it's a lot to overcome by some very good teams & QB's.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

The super bowl is a very poor way to measure a QB's greatness. 

Especially since so many teams/cities are not wanted in the Big Game by Networks, Advertisers and other preferred teams & markets.... it's a lot to overcome by some very good teams & QB's.

If market size were a factor,  the Jets wouldn't have sucked this long.   The Steelers and Packers wouldn't have had the success they have.    Indy wouldn't have had the success they had in the 2000s.    I know you think the "football gods " do certain things.    They don't

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

If market size were a factor,  the Jets wouldn't have sucked this long.   The Steelers and Packers wouldn't have had the success they have.    Indy wouldn't have had the success they had in the 2000s.    I know you think the "football gods " do certain things.    They don't

 

Right, lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

 

Right, lol.

Explain why the Patriots have had such a giant run,  but the largest fan base hasn't been successful for nearly 30 years.  Almost  all of your "football god" predictions have been wrong.   The reality is on my side,   not yours

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Explain why the Patriots have had such a giant run,  but the largest fan base hasn't been successful for nearly 30 years.  Almost  all of your "football god" predictions have been wrong.   The reality is on my side,   not yours

@LJpalmbeacher2 where am I wrong

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Explain why the Patriots have had such a giant run,  but the largest fan base hasn't been successful for nearly 30 years.  Almost  all of your "football god" predictions have been wrong.   The reality is on my side,   not yours

I'm not right 100% but

My bets and parlays would have made anyone playing them a pretty penny. I know they did for me. Just what was made yesterday on Brady was probably more than anyone here made all season.

 

If you don't understand or are too naive or too Holy to accept how things really are in this world so be it. 

 

I've said early on that I didn't buy into the Hype on Ballard like so many here did..... and now after 5 seasons so many here are posting their displeasure of his moves AND non-moves. 

Saying things that aren't in agreement with hopeful homers isn't usually popular but I give my opinions and my opinions have been right more often then not to the dismay of many.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

@LJpalmbeacher2 where am I wrong

 

I can tell you lots of stuff but it's not allowed...neither is posting what former coaches, players, and others say on internet. But someone posted last week about what a  former Buccaneer said on a radio interview. 

 

I'm done responding to you on this and may put you on "ignore" LOL

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I'm not right 100% but

My bets and parlays would have made anyone playing them a pretty penny. I know they did for me. Just what was made yesterday on Brady was probably more than anyone here made all season.

 

If you don't understand or are too naive or too Holy to accept how things really are in this world so be it. 

 

I've said early on that I didn't buy into the Hype on Ballard like so many here did..... and now after 5 seasons so many here are posting their displeasure of his moves AND non-moves. 

Saying things that aren't in agreement with hopeful homers isn't usually popular but I give my opinions and my opinions have been right more often then not to the dismay of many.

 

big will ferrell GIF

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...