Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Calls Indy Writers [Merge]

Peyton and Eli fan

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read the story correctly the first time. The writer said that this was the second time EVER that Peyton had called him ... I stick by my claim - Manning had an agenda!

That video above is hilariuos !!!!

Yeah he had an agenda. To say thank you and pay respect to those he's dealt with since 1998. He called Chappell too.. Chap didn't write a blog post or an article about to my knowledge(yet), but he did mention it on twitter.

Just like he hung around the facility and spoke to the behind the scenes people.

I don't see how anyone can portray it anything other than a genuine heartfelt action.

Gavin...I hope you dont have too much invested in us not passing much...and our offene being different

We're going to throw 25-35 times a game with Andrew Luck, too..That's what he does well

Being pass-happy isnt what lost games for us...it won for us

We did not lose that many games..

Im saying if we would have been more balanced with run versus pass, our defense wouldnt have had to be on the field that long, defense lost us those games thats obvious but what helps in a defense that struggled? running the ball more then 10-15 times a game, the best teams new what we were gonna do their was no uncertaintity if we were going to throw the ball, the best teams figured out he wasnt going to run the ball enough to keep teams honest

I can understand why some may view this in that light. However, Peyton has always been the type to go the extra mile or give that personal touch such as his handwritten letters to retiring players that he admired.

And my memory is kinda fuzzy here, but he was once being interviewed while at the Pro Bowl and took the time to say thank you to two commentators who were working their last Pro Bowl. Maybe it was Paul Maguire and Brad Nessler . . . can't remember for sure

But, I remember how choked up they were that Peyton took the time to acknowledge them.

If he acted with that much class all the time I would have no problem with him. How he tried to wage a media war on Peyton at the Super Bowl about keeping it in the Colts family and not disgracing the Horseshoe was not in good taste. How he clammers for attention on twitter all the time and making immature posts and trying to stir up some talk about not knowing which way he is going to go with RG3 just to get attention isn't what I would expect by a classy professional. The guy may have a good heart and do lots of charity and kind things but his attitude rubs me raw and I just pray that Luck does a great job and becomes the face of the franchise because if Irsay is the one out front all the time and wanting attention I will be very disappointed. I'm sorry but he just annoys me.

I agree some of those things he does should be made public because as of late he looks like an butt and most of the media is just making fun of him. He would benefit from taking a step back and toning it down. Anyways this thread is about Peyton and his classy act and I just hope Denver appreciates what they are getting.

I'm confused.

Why would you quote a post I made that was all about Peyton and was very complimentary to him, reply with your thoughts about Irsay, and then tell me that this thread is about Peyton???

She Colt...I lov ya but that Avatar is freakin me out. :mindblow:

Lol.

What??? You don't like dancing bananas? :banana: :banana: :banana:

I am crushed. :drama:

But, have no fear. I change my avatar on a very frequent basis. So, that banana will soon disappear.

In the meantime, feel free to put me on ignore. :neener:

What??? You don't like dancing bananas? :banana: :banana: :banana:

I am crushed. :drama:

But, have no fear. I change my avatar on a very frequent basis. So, that banana will soon disappear.

In the meantime, feel free to put me on ignore. :neener:

You do realize that banana is naked, don't you? Truthfully, it would be impossible to ignore you. :thanks:

I'm confused.

Why would you quote a post I made that was all about Peyton and was very complimentary to him, reply with your thoughts about Irsay, and then tell me that this thread is about Peyton???

Sorry. You posted about Irsay sending flowers. I ment to respond about that nice act that he should let that side show more because the perception of a lot of people is only what they see in interviews and his immature tweets. It makes a lot of people uneasy about the guy and could give a misconception.

You are right about this was a thread about Peyton and I was sorry I derailed it. I wont any further.

Yes, it sounds like he did.

Bob Kravitz@bkravitz

I don't believe for a 2nd Peyton was being political when he called us. What's he have to gain now? Just a kind gesture by a good guy.

Neither I think. I just wondered, for Kravitz has stated multiple times, that Manning should go. However I honestly think it was the only solution for both Manning and the organization.

Seriously, all Manning needs to do to win the "politics" is win games. Calling some local beat writer in the grand scheme will mean little to nothing about how this thing is perceived long term. Manning could have been publicly bitter and railed against Irsay, never called anyone for any reason, and otherwise just generally thrown Indianapolis and the Colts organization under the bus and still come up smelling like roses in the national media.

Put away the tin foil hats and pay respects to the greatest athlete in the history of this town. He's a real class act who will be missed.

Yes, it sounds like he did.

Bob Kravitz@bkravitz

I don't believe for a 2nd Peyton was being political when he called us. What's he have to gain now? Just a kind gesture by a good guy.

I think he understand that even Kravitz served him well when he was here..

....Writers spread your reputation...good or bad...

.....and opinion writers often go against the fan base intentionally..to stir things up.

I think Manning realizes that its all part of 'team' coverage..which served him very well.