Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 8 Around the NFL Game Discussion Thread

NFLfan

Another week of football around the NFL.

Carolina at Atlanta, 1 p.m.
Miami at Buffalo, 1 p.m.  @buffalo34
San Francisco at Chicago, 1 p.m.
Pittsburgh at Cleveland, 1 p.m.  
Philadelphia at Detroit, 1 p.m.
Los Angeles Rams at Houston, 1 p.m.
Tennessee at Indianapolis, 1 p.m.
Cincinnati at New York Jets, 1 p.m.  @RollerColt Thoughts? (I will be watching that.)
New England at Los Angeles Chargers, 4:05 p.m.
Jacksonville at Seattle, 4:05 p.m.
Washington at Denver, 4:25 p.m.
Tampa Bay at New Orleans, 4:25 p.m.
Dallas at Minnesota, 8:20 p.m.

To see what is showing where you are: Link to coverage maps

Enjoy the games. Happy Halloween. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Another week of football around the NFL.

Carolina at Atlanta, 1 p.m.
Miami at Buffalo, 1 p.m.  @buffalo34
San Francisco at Chicago, 1 p.m.
Pittsburgh at Cleveland, 1 p.m.  
Philadelphia at Detroit, 1 p.m.
Los Angeles Rams at Houston, 1 p.m.
Tennessee at Indianapolis, 1 p.m.
Cincinnati at New York Jets, 1 p.m.  @RollerColt Thoughts? (I will be watching that.)
New England at Los Angeles Chargers, 4:05 p.m.
Jacksonville at Seattle, 4:05 p.m.
Washington at Denver, 4:25 p.m.
Tampa Bay at New Orleans, 4:25 p.m.
Dallas at Minnesota, 8:20 p.m.

To see what is showing where you are: Link to coverage maps

Enjoy the games. Happy Halloween. 

Feels like a trap game for the Bengals… The Jets are a pro team after all, just look what happen do with the a Titans. Hopefully we stick to giving Chase and Mixon the ball.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Feels like a trap game for the Bengals… The Jets are a pro team after all, just look what happen do with the a Titans. Hopefully we stick to giving Chase and Mixon the ball.

I forgot that Wilson is not playing. You may be right.

The Jets are playing Mims. He was in the Jets doghouse. 

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

I thought Michael Carter scored a TD before the end of the half. I was not following. He seemed to have a OBJ-type catch. Was there a flag?

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

@RollerColt Instead of watching Bengals and Jets, I followed the Colts game thread and watched highlights of games on NFL Network. It seemed that the Bengals were winning this game. What happened?

They completely overlooked their opponent. Plus they went against a completely unknown QB in White. In reality, the defense simply let the team down today. No excuse to allow the Jets to score that many points. 

I’m pretty worried that the Colts D will follow suit this Thursday. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I’m pretty worried that the Colts D will follow suit this Thursday.

I hope not. The Colts coaching staff has to help the Colts D. Tennessee would not have scored so many points if the Colts ran the ball more. Even in clear running situations when you want to use up the clock, the Colts chose to pass.  I did not get it.

I wrote in the game thread that this reminds me a lot of when John DeFilippo was hired as the Vikings OC. He had just come off winning a SB with Coach Pederson and Reich who was the OC. DeFilippo frustrated the fans and Coach Zimmer with what appeared to be a refusal to run the ball. Coach Zimmer asked him to run the ball and when he did not, he was fired before the end of the first season there. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Do Jameis might have a ACL injury. I wouldn’t be shocked if they call up Rivers. He did say he’d be available late for a contender.

Life would come a full circle if Rivers succeeds Brees just like with the Chargers for a last hurrah  :) 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Not really. Ridley (ATL) is inactive again for ??

I'm interested to see if Lamb gets fined again lol.

Mostly interested in how many snaps Dayo gets.

Ridley might never come back. Shocking to quasi retire in his prime. I feel for falcon fans because we understand how it feels to get blindsided by our best player...

Calvin Ridley left football for his mental health. It sounds like he will be out for the season, maybe even retire. He has been having a lot of personal issues lately. 

Jameis Winston is out for the season. It's crazy; Brady and the Bucs, who are suppose to be so great, lost to Trevor Siemian. Brady's interception in the fourth quarter was good to watch. Who did Brady think he was: Carson Wentz?? (Not nice, but I'm not happy with Wentz right now.) 

Patrick Mahomes is looking like a shell of himself. He does not see the field well and seems too afraid to make mistakes and is not playing loose thus actually making mistakes. 

State Farm Game of The Week coming up between Mahomes and Rodgers next week, Packers are going to crush them.

40 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

I wonder if it would help KC for Andy Reid to give up play calling duties. The team apparently needs a change of some kind. Their trick plays often backfire, and Mahomes just doesn't look comfortable. Another person could make a positive difference. 

I thought he was already essentially forced to do that years ago. I was under the impression Eric Bienamy had been calling plays for a while.