Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jack Doyle....

Shadow_Creek

I'm gonna be honest with yall i think the Colts may move on from him after this season. In the last two games he was only targeted 1 time now maybe hes not getting open or hes not being targeted enough or maybe Frank is using him to help block the tackle position till smith returns. Either way looks like his days are numbered especially with MAC pretty much being the starter now.

I think he's got plenty left in the tank.  He's never been a dynamic guy, more of a chain mover and a great blocker.  I don't see him playing worse than he has.

But Mo is the future at his position.  Maybe if Doyle wants to play beyond the contract, he switches roles and becomes the third TE taking less money, essentially backing up Mo.

Not sure how that would impact special teams.

1 hour ago, Shadow_Creek said:

I'm gonna be honest with yall i think the Colts may move on from him after this season. In the last two games he was only targeted 1 time now maybe hes not getting open or hes not being targeted enough or maybe Frank is using him to help block the tackle position till smith returns. Either way looks like his days are numbered especially with MAC pretty much being the starter now.

It may not be the Colts moving on from him, he may retire. He had already questioned coming back this year, he wanted to finish his contract out before is what it kinda is for him. Honor his contract

Still gives 110% in his blocking, no doubt. Still knows to sit inside a zone. He has value for a run oriented team like us but his utility is more with his run blocking than pass catching, this year has made that clear. If TY and Doyle retire next year, it will be enough shoes to fill. Ballard hopefully can find a way to get more draft picks. :) 

Archived