Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reich, Ballard, Shannahan, Lynch

Restinpeacesweetchloe

They are similar to us in the sense that they have a very complete roster (more than ours), with question marks at QB. People questioning Shanahan are out of their minds, typical fan over reaction. Jimmy G is always injured and mediocre when playing. Lance might be good, might not. Had more rushes than completions yesterday, seems to be a rookie trend.

I've said this ad nauseam....fans will pick on any and EVERY coach when the circumstances are ripe. This thought that some coach is more marvelous than another is mainly hot air. When push comes to shove, most of us are talking out of our posterior windbags. I'm in Kansas City right now, and Andy Reid (AND Pat Mahomes) are getting ripped to shreds. It is what it is. It's not a job where one wins popular opinion....not for long anyway.

2 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

They are similar to us in the sense that they have a very complete roster (more than ours), with question marks at QB. People questioning Shanahan are out of their minds, typical fan over reaction. Jimmy G is always injured and mediocre when playing. Lance might be good, might not. Had more rushes than completions yesterday, seems to be a rookie trend.

Out of their minds? Not so sure about that. He is below .500 as a head coach with one winning season, two 6-10 seasons, and a 4-12 season. Don’t get me wrong, I think he has solid schemes but the W/L numbers don’t look good. Also, if they miss on Lance, that’s a direct indictment on him. 

11 minutes ago, Larry Horseman said:

Out of their minds? Not so sure about that. He is below .500 as a head coach with one winning season, two 6-10 seasons, and a 4-12 season. Don’t get me wrong, I think he has solid schemes but the W/L numbers don’t look good. Also, if they miss on Lance, that’s a direct indictment on him. 

He still seems to have the respect of everyone around the league as an offensive guru, people in the league know more than fans. Id take him over Reich any day of the week. If Wentz fails that should be a direct indictment on Frank as well.

I just thought they were funny because you could of inserted Reich and Ballard in there. The one about not using a players speed has been said about Reich and Campbell. 

Joel Erickson had a interesting point about Reich on his podcast. Said this is always in the back of his mind. Reich has had to start over every year with a new QB who has had different strengths and weaknesses. I think he deserves a shot to see what he can do when he has the same QB for 2 or 3 years and has some consistency. The players gave Reich the game ball I believe after the Miami win. He is greatly respected by them.

4 hours ago, Larry Horseman said:

Could be he is better at being a OC than he is at being a head coach.  It wouldn’t be the first time that has happened.

5 hours ago, Larry Horseman said:

The franchise qb retired 2 weeks before a season started.   Had Luck stuck around any reasonable person knows the win/ loss record would be different 

3 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

I think everyone believes he is a great coach. Most question whether he has to much on his plate and is a good play caller. There is a difference.

Isn't it his offense?  Tell me why you think Brady, who has never called plays,  would be better?   Leave or no details. 

I get aggravated with some of his aggressive 4th down calls as well.   Impossible to know if Brady would be better on first and second down

6 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

The franchise qb retired 2 weeks before a season started.   Had Luck stuck around any reasonable person knows the win/ loss record would be different 

I was talking about Shanahan. Reich still has a winning record. Maybe we’re on the same page but wasn’t sure by your comment. 

Archived