Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Next 2 games.

IrsaysArmy

I am as disappointed and confused as anybody about how these 2 games have gone. Let’s look at a couple things though.

First, the Rams are a very good team. We took them down to the wire and might’ve won  it Wentz didn’t get hurt. Even the Seahawk game. If we had alittle better execution on offense it’s a tight game coming down to the wire.

Secondly, we played those 2 games without CB1, TY. We have also played 1 game without without  our LT1, RT1, WR2/3 among others.

Our offense basically needs strong O-Line play like humans need water. We haven’t got that yet. I refuse to believe the o-line has regressed that much. I’m hoping with Fisher and Smith hopefully back soon, we will get it figured  out there. 

Not even factoring in how we could be 1-1 but if we win this week at Tenn and than Miami we are probably in 1st place and right back in this thing.

We all feel terrible now but let’s see where we’re at in 2 weeks heading into MNF.

1 hour ago, IrsaysArmy said:

We all feel terrible now but let’s see where we’re at in 2 weeks heading into MNF.

Honestly? I feel fine. Of course, you are welcome to any feelings you may have. I love the team, and this is not unexpected, considering how many factors the team has had to overcome. 

For me, when the Colts went into NY and got beat by the Jets 41-0 in the first round of the playoffs with Peyton at the helm, and had not even scratched the surface of adversity that this team has faced since the end of last season.....I felt terrible. Right now, I feel really tuned in to see how the entire team and staff handles the beginning of this season. Lots of season ahead. 

For what it's worth, fans after that game called for the head coaches job, other coaches, players, etc..........., and even questioned Peyton's ability to "Win when it counted". Here is the box score...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200301040nyj.htm

Two years later....the Colts won the SB. 

5 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Honestly? I feel fine. Of course, you are welcome to any feelings you may have. I love the team, and this is not unexpected, considering how many factors the team has had to overcome. 

For me, when the Colts went into NY and got beat by the Jets 41-0 in the first round of the playoffs with Peyton at the helm, and had not even scratched the surface of adversity that this team has faced since the end of last season.....I felt terrible. Right now, I feel really tuned in to see how the entire team and staff handles the beginning of this season. Lots of season ahead. 

For what it's worth, fans after that game called for the head coaches job, other coaches, players, etc..........., and even questioned Peyton's ability to "Win when it counted". Here is the box score...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200301040nyj.htm

Two years later....the Colts won the SB. 

Yea I remember the game. I was actually talking about that game the other day. That’s the game that led to Peytons infamous, “liquored up * kicker” comment at the probowl.

If Wentz can stay healthy, plays the games, and our Oline returns to form at least somewhat we should make the playoffs or come close. If Wentz misses significant time were sunk. Lets just hope if thats the case Ballard is smart enough to keep the snaps below 70% on the season so we retain the 1st round pick.

2 hours ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Yea I remember the game. I was actually talking about that game the other day. That’s the game that led to Peytons infamous, “liquored up * kicker” comment at the probowl.

I thought it was the game where Vanderjagt shanked the game winner, then went on late night tv floating about and making replica kicks..... Vanderjagt had nothing to do with that 41-0 loss. Pretty sure he wasn't even the kickoff man.

6 hours ago, SchlicterSZN said:

I thought it was the game where Vanderjagt shanked the game winner, then went on late night tv floating about and making replica kicks..... Vanderjagt had nothing to do with that 41-0 loss. Pretty sure he wasn't even the kickoff man.

It was the 41-0 game. Vanderjagt went on some radio show afterwards and was questioning if Peyton and Dungy were the right guys to win a championship. 

The Steelers playoff miss is what got him fired.

Archived