Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

James Washington?.... Absolutely!!

6 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

You may end up being right, but not sure what you offer for a guy like this.

He seems to be a WR3 or WR4

We seem to have that covered on our team

At moment based on how he has been handled in Pitt, yes. But with ascension and opportunity? Skies the limit!!

I wouldn't be disappointed if we pick him up, I will say that. The areas he excels are with contested balls and down the field strikes. 

Pittman was used differently in college than he was last year but in college, he was a contested ball guy. Parris Campbell was always the "in motion and in space" type of guy that you can manufacture plays for. Once he went down last year, Pittman got more balls in space. Pascal is a great blocking WR who seems to have a knack of getting open. TY, we know what he brings to the table at this point, the occasional deep strike vs 1-on-1 coverage but great route running in the mid range routes.

Strachan is supposed to be another contested ball, fades type of guy. Patmon, Dulin, Harris, they can all play specialized roles. So, the question becomes, how quickly do you expect them to give up on player development to get a known commodity? Unless a pre-season injury happens to 1 of Pittman, Campbell, or TY, I do not see this trade happening, IMO, because James Washington is not coming to another team to play 4th fiddle again. He wants to at least be a No.3 WR, IMO, which we cannot offer him right now. 

40 minutes ago, Indeee said:

At moment based on how he has been handled in Pitt, yes. But with ascension and opportunity? Skies the limit!!

The are absolutely some decent receivers out there, but Pascal and Pittman ARE getting better and showing it in camp

Campbell is an unknown that has already shown some amazing things in this camp. 

What if he stayed heathy (Like he was at THE Ohio State)

HE is bigger and faster, and honestly more dynamic than James Washington

TY Hilton is good enough, for now

Mike Strachan is turning heads in this camp (so far)

We have some young'ns and some that are in development mode......  Id like to see what they have and even guys like Tyler Vaughns, who was great at USC, but just a tad slow

20 hours ago, Indeee said:

JW has asked for a trade from the Steelers.

Colts should jump on this quick. Underrated playmaker buried by talented corps.

Make it happen Ballard... Let's go!! 

Let him be someone else's problem. 
 A good LB'er would interest us. 

16 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Let him be someone else's problem. 
 A good LB'er would interest us. 

I am actually starting to think, baring further injury woes, OR lack of depth development at LT......

We may be close to being set....... for this year.....

Good to go on:

WR/TE group

RB group

OL group (Minus LT POSSIBLY)

QB group - Need some health, and continued improvement out of Eason (or Sam E) 

DL group

LBs (I think Speed is the LB you are seeking)

DBs group...  not HOF, but if we can get SOME PR...... we may be ready to go

Special team

This is a good team with good depth at most spots and has very few holes

Archived