Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Zierlein's three favorite picks of Round 2

25 minutes ago, stitches said:

Chris Simms had Dayo ranked his 5th EDGE in the draft, too... for whatever it's worth.

At the same time though he had Rashad Weaver as #4 lol. No way was Weaver considered among the top 5 pass rushers in this draft. 

39 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Zerlein's 3 favorite picks of round 2 were in no particular order:

1. Elijah Moore to the Jets

2. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah LB to Browns

3. Dayo Odeyingbo DE to Colts

Looks like the Dayo pick wasn't so far out there.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-draft-lance-zierlein-s-three-favorite-picks-by-round

I don't like Moore to the jets...only because I hate the Jets with a passion though

According to PFF the Colts were a middle of the road team in regards to their DL and the amount of QB pressure last season even with Houston and Autry.  The only player who excelled was Buckner and it shouldn't be a surprise.  The Colts did the right thing to draft not one but two young DL to help set both edges for many years to come.  

I didn't have a problem with the player (to be honest, the Achilles injury is a concern, that one can take a career away), it was the position I wasn't a fan of. We could have picked up a quality OT, WR or CB, all positions of need..

For me it was two things:

1. The Achilles injury. We already have two DEs that are routinely banged up

2. It was hard to know we passed on Friermuth and Basham. I thought Basham was a player similar to Autry/Lewis. 

a week or two before the draft I thought there was a good possibility that they would draft two edge rushers, even back to back. I mean in theory we lost two edge rushers in Autry and Houston, so we needed to replace those bodies.

18 hours ago, BProland85 said:

At the same time though he had Rashad Weaver as #4 lol. No way was Weaver considered among the top 5 pass rushers in this draft. 

18 hours ago, stitches said:

Chris Simms had Dayo ranked his 5th EDGE in the draft, too... for whatever it's worth.

I think that ranking considers in the injury as well, so would have been higher without that

Time will tell, no way CB took him unless they feel 99% sure he can come back!

Obviously a long play move!

If they placed him on IR list they could play with the roster spots later in the year but seems hard to imagine him playing this year! 

how long did it take Mack from his?

Archived