Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I think this might be an easier fix then we all think

Setting the QB situation aside for the moment.

The Colts first order would be Costanzo. If he's going to retire, then this position should be first addressed via draft, if no one is comparable in FA. Either way LT would be and should be first in this scenario.

The second order would be a real PLAN for wideout. I would not resign Hilton. To me it's a waste of money vs. sentimental structure. I wouldn't do it. I would first seriously make a decision on Campbell. If his contract is still cheap, then keep him but I would not pick up option for 5th year, I would cut bait. This guy can't stay healthy. This team needs to focus on YOUNGER wideouts to add with Pittman and Pascal. Smith-Schuster or Robinson maybe. I wouldn't go Jones or Watkins. FA priority here with 2nd-5th round addition in draft.

The 3rd is pass rush. If Costanzo stays this should be 1st priority via draft, possibly FA Barrett or Ngakoue. I truly believe pass rush would make our corner problem better.

We have 60 mil I believe to work with right now and we will resign a few.

To me we don't bring back Brissett, Rivers, Hilton, Mack, Houston, Hooker, Cox, Dulin... There's a couple other guys too I forget

We get rid of Doyle too. We add Everett in FA TE to pair with Burton

We resign Burton, Rhodes, Autry, Odum, Pascal... Maybe Walker and Clark

Depth at corner, oline, etc.. can be added in draft or lower end free agents.

We are not really that far off.

The QB situation will work itself out, but another veteran stop gap is not the way to go here... No to Ryan, Stafford, or Rivers

Just my thoughts

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

I would first seriously make a decision on Campbell. If his contract is still cheap, then keep him but I would not pick up option for 5th year, I would cut bait. This guy can't stay healthy.

Campbell was a 2nd round pick, so there's no 5th year option available to him. That's only for 1st round picks. He's currently on a 4 yr/$4.7M contract, so really cheap. There's no reason to move on from him at this point, especially after the last injury, which had nothing to do with his ability to stay healthy and everything to do with Harrison Smith taking a shot at his knee.

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

To me we don't bring back Brissett, Rivers, Hilton, Mack, Houston, Hooker, Cox, Dulin... There's a couple other guys too I forget

* Rivers is back if he wants to come back and I think Houston is probably in that same camp.

* We'd be crazy not to bring back Dulin on a cheap contract. He's been an amazing ST player and gives us average depth at WR.

* MAC is a really great blocking TE and is a good receiving TE as well (I think he was underutilized).

* Hilton and Mack would be dependent on the contracts they would demand. If both can be brought back for cheap, I'd be for it.

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

Doyle is a great blocker and dependable receiving target. He's a guy I wouldn't be mad to keep on a cheap deal, but I'm not opposed to upgrading. I like Everett's upside, but he also hasn't done much of anything so far in his career ( a career high 417 yd and 1 TD this season) to make he think he would be an upgrade.

9 hours ago, Indeee said:

The QB situation will work itself out, but another veteran stop gap is not the way to go here... No to Ryan, Stafford, or Rivers

Not sure that I agree that the most important position on the team should rely on a plan to "work itself out."

I wouldn't actually see Stafford as being a stop gap.  If we could get 5 years out of him, which is very probable at 32 years old, that could be a good thing for us.

10 hours ago, Indeee said:

Setting the QB situation aside for the moment.

The Colts first order would be Costanzo. If he's going to retire, then this position should be first addressed via draft, if no one is comparable in FA. Either way LT would be and should be first in this scenario.

The second order would be a real PLAN for wideout. I would not resign Hilton. To me it's a waste of money vs. sentimental structure. I wouldn't do it. I would first seriously make a decision on Campbell. If his contract is still cheap, then keep him but I would not pick up option for 5th year, I would cut bait. This guy can't stay healthy. This team needs to focus on YOUNGER wideouts to add with Pittman and Pascal. Smith-Schuster or Robinson maybe. I wouldn't go Jones or Watkins. FA priority here with 2nd-5th round addition in draft.

The 3rd is pass rush. If Costanzo stays this should be 1st priority via draft, possibly FA Barrett or Ngakoue. I truly believe pass rush would make our corner problem better.

We have 60 mil I believe to work with right now and we will resign a few.

We resign Burton, Rhodes, Autry, Odum, Pascal... Maybe Walker and Clark

Depth at corner, oline, etc.. can be added in draft or lower end free agents.

We are not really that far off.

Just my thoughts

This doesn't address anything if we have no above-average QB tho. 

8 hours ago, Shive said:

Doyle is a great blocker and dependable receiving target. He's a guy I wouldn't be mad to keep on a cheap deal, but I'm not opposed to upgrading.

Doyle is under contract for $5.7m. Colts can save like $4.3m woth his release.

2 hours ago, w87r said:

Dulin already signed an extension, Stallworth too

2 hours ago, w87r said:

Doyle is under contract for $5.7m. Colts can save like $4.3m woth his release.

It's painfully obvious that I haven't paid enough attention to the salary cap thread....lol

Just now, Shive said:

It's painfully obvious that I haven't paid enough attention to the salary cap thread....lol

I dont think to many people have. I posted a thread yesterday about future and 2 extensions that included Dulin and Stallworth.

Archived