Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard will talk this week....

NewColtsFan

10 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Oh really? What did he say that was so compelling or news worthy?

If you can’t read the story or view the video, don’t ask me to sum it up for you. 

If you value information then learn for yourself.   Who knows, maybe you won’t find anything Ballard said to be compelling?    Your call.....

Good Luck!  

15 hours ago, Shadow_Creek said:

if i were him i would be thinking of a big name wr to trade for because we've got to improve in the Redzone

You aren’t lying. I know losing Campbell and Mack hurt. However you’re dead last in the league at Redzone efficiency. We shouldn’t need to try yet. The coaches need to put players in better position to score. 3 and goal with one yard to score. Why are we throwing the ball? Those calls to me make no sense. Our RB can pickup one yard. 

17 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I have been wanting to hear him talk to us.

I always feel better, actually much better, about where the team is and is going after he speaks.

Hmmm, think we could talk him into running for a “bigger” job to be the “GM” of the country?

Well as President he wouldn't have to 

address our WR situation. haha 

15 hours ago, EastStreet said:

3/4 should be the most interesting, although 1/2 will be after the Ravens game.

Ballard's a good GM, not a fun GM. And he's smart, keeping mostly to coach speak. I know some folks like to hang on every word, but he's just not going to give you much.

It's not a quarter...but I think after game 10 will be the spot. Colts will just have faced GB/TEN/BAL...and will be looking at 4 AFCS games left (including 2 against HOU). PIT is also in there as well.

8 hours ago, shasta519 said:

It's not a quarter...but I think after game 10 will be the spot. Colts will just have faced GB/TEN/BAL...and will be looking at 4 AFCS games left (including 2 against HOU). PIT is also in there as well.

Yup, 2nd half of the season in general will be full of quality and meaningful games. It's why we need to work the bugs out now when we play some teams with bottom half units.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Yeah, the option just makes a ton of sense. It’s affordable, he’s got good praise for his off-seasons efforts to improve and he and Dayo were heading into a contract year. We can’t expect Latu to go out year one and get double digit sacks (but then again…) so not forcing ourselves into a really tough decision next off-season frees us up to have options.    1. Extend dayo 2. Extend Kwity 3. draft/trade for/sign replacement for one of them   as opposed to having to find a solution for both. And then we could extend Kwity during the season this year or year after next.
    • Just saying that I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s all we get. 
    • This is true. But even once AR started throwing downfield more (comeback against LAR and TEN game), AP still only had one downfield target. With AD here and Downs coming into year 2, I just don't see a huge bump for AP coming. 
    • I think AD can win on the nine routes well enough to be that deep threat (he's got the long speed), but more importantly, he also can win on all the routes where AP really hasn't (AD really shined in the RZ too at Texas).   I think he will be a RZ threat right away and can be a really solid WR2 (assuming he becomes a willing blocker and the effort stuff is behind him). Don't know if he will ever a YAC machine though.   Does Harmon mean that his evaluation of AP coming out of college was similar to the "DK can only run nine routes and can't move laterally" evaluation? I don't entirely remember DK's evaluation, but I recall it sounding something like that.
    • Lawrence Owen recently said that Brandon Aiyuk is a "system WR who wouldn't put up 700 yards on 90% of NFL teams." He's about as untrusty of a narrator as you can possibly get. And like us watching at home, he is not privy to the route calls, the playcalls, the reads, etc.    But I watched the video. AP had a great game. However, Lawrence is driving this narrative with this one game against arguably the worst pass defense in the NFL last year. Fulton (#26), who was on AP much of this game, was especially bad last year, registering a 46 PFF grade.     They had mismatches all over coming into the game and they exploited it from the beginning, hence AP's involvement. It's really not any deeper than that. This game was a complete outlier from any other game too, as far as production.       So Minshew held back the whole team, but benefited MPJ and Downs?    If AP was getting open all the time and it was "like this every game", he wouldn't have ended up #124 in win route rate or #110 in avg. separation (min. 45 tgts). The people who watch every game and the tools that track these stats don't support this idea.   As someone said earlier, targets are earned. Minshew is executing the offense, but Steichen is the calling the plays and assigning reads in the RPO. So why wasn't Steichen dialing up more plays after this TEN game? Minshew made the throws in this game, so clearly he can make the throws.   And even with AR, who we know can make all the throws, they were hardly dialing up plays for AP either.   With the drafting of AD, it speaks volumes about who is holding back AP.
  • Members

• legend300

legend300 140

• DynaMike

DynaMike 162

• BigO

BigO 138

• Nevbot

Nevbot 120

• ColtsHappy

ColtsHappy 7

• il vecchio