Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Second Round.......

It appears that there is a wealth of talent hovering at picks 30 thru 50

An earlier poster talked about trading down to get more picks later in the draft.

Since we seem to have upgraded our OL

I would like to see us do some "horse trading" to get 2 picks in this range.

We could end up with a decent WR and CB if we did.........

This year, with so many holes and with a good number of WRs and CBs out there, it would be tempting

To try and move a bit

the only position on the offensive line that was really upgraded was center.

This. We still have a big hole at RG unless we decide to move Ijalana over there. Justice is not a good OG, and McGlynn is just a depth signing. That's why if Cordy Glenn is available in the 2nd and he's the BPA then we need to pick him. There are a ton of good CB's and WR's available in the 3rd and beyond while there are only a few good OL.

I see 9 possiblities in this round:

not in order

1. Coby Fleener (TE) -- Easy pick if he's there. Good chemistry with Luck plus he's arguably the best TE in the draft.

2. Jayron Hosley (CB) -- Great cornerback who can play both outside and nickelback.

3. Chase Minnifield (CB) -- Perhaps not the greatest value pick, but he definitely has talent and he fits our system well.

4. Kelechi Osemele (G) -- Fills the last little hole in our line and gives us a very good interior.

5. Rueben Randle (WR) -- Gives Luck a big target that's good in the redzone.

6. Alshon Jeffrey (WR) -- The talent is there, just gotta work on that work ethic, and he has to hit the gym.

7. Alemada Ta'amu (NT) -- CB heavy draft and the O-line isn't that big of a need. Pick Ta'amu now so you don't have to worry about the NT spot.

8. Dwayne Allen (TE) -- Allen is arguably the the best TE in the draft and is a great target for Luck. If Fleener isn't there, they may want to address that need right away.

9. Alfonzo Dennard (CB) -- Great CB from Nebraska who could go in the first round. Could help the CB spot right away.

This. We still have a big hole at RG unless we decide to move Ijalana over there. Justice is not a good OG, and McGlynn is just a depth signing. That's why if Cordy Glenn is available in the 2nd and he's the BPA then we need to pick him. There are a ton of good CB's and WR's available in the 3rd and beyond while there are only a few good OL.

Glenn will not be available in the 2nd round. The lowest he'll go is probably 30 with the niners, and that's a stretch. He'll go late teens early 20's. That's my opinion, and I haven't seen one mock where he goes in the 2nd.

Also i have seen a couple Mocks where Stanfords OG David DeCastro Slides... If hes there in the 2nd round we take him no doubt.

That would be very surprising.... but yeah, if he shows up at #34 I'd grab him in a heartbeat, provided the slide was just due to runs on other positions.

I think I my have changed my mind on Stephen Hill. So high in the 2nd, we can't afford to take risk...even tough he would be a high payoff. I'd have to leave his assesment to the more experience coaches....cuz he has like what 50 Catches total in his career?

That's cause it is Georgia Tech....they run a triple option offense which is painful to watch.

I think I my have changed my mind on Stephen Hill. So high in the 2nd, we can't afford to take risk...even tough he would be a high payoff. I'd have to leave his assesment to the more experience coaches....cuz he has like what 50 Catches total in his career?

Those were the concerns about the other two GT WR... Calvin Johnson and Demaryius Thomas, and look how those two panned out, And many belive Stephen Hill has better physical tools then Thomas.