Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My 2Nd Mock{With Compensation Picks And Freeney Trade

Round 1 Andrew Luck Stanford {this is obvious} Round 2 WR Stephen Hill GT Round 3 Nt Alameda Ta'amu Washington Round 3 CB Trumaine Johnson Montana {pick via Freeney trade} Round 4 WR Tommie Streeter Miami Round 4 Brandon Taylor LSU {via Clint Sessions compensation} Round 5 OLB Emmanuel Acho Texas Round 6 RB Bobby Rainey Western Michigan Round 6 TE Chase Ford Miami Round 7 NT Nicolas Jean-Baptiste Baylor wow did not even plan it 10 picks 5 offensive 5 defensive lol

When does the NFL award the comp picks. I would agree with the 4th rounder for Sessions but we should also see at least a 6th for Charlie Johnson.

from what i read, the signing/releasing of Kerry Collins negates the Comp pick for Charlie. so we should get a 4th for Session and that's it.

I bet they will end up having to cut freeny or get a 6th round pick at best

How? Trading Tebow just got back a 4th! And Tebow is not a starting QB! How can Freeney not get at least a 3rd? All the future team needs to do is talk with Freeney's agent to extend his deal and lower the cap hit.

How? Trading Tebow just got back a 4th! And Tebow is not a starting QB! How can Freeney not get at least a 3rd? All the future team needs to do is talk with Freeney's agent to extend his deal and lower the cap hit.

Freeney would have to agree to do that, I dont hear him saying he will yet. Also age, hes thirty two, there are other younger linemen in the draft, the Broncos were desparate to get rid of Tebow regardless what they got, what I think it will come down to however is they will have to release him, also take into account he has one year left and after that one year he will be turning thirty three, I dont see anyone giving up a third rounder for a guy that will be a free agent at the end of the year and then will be turning thirty three, maybe he will restructure the deal but ya got to ask yourself, if your just a couple years from retiring, Id say no more then three years, would you restructure for less when your do 19 million? I wouldnt this late in the game

Freeney would have to agree to do that, I dont hear him saying he will yet. Also age, hes thirty two, there are other younger linemen in the draft, the Broncos were desparate to get rid of Tebow regardless what they got, what I think it will come down to however is they will have to release him, also take into account he has one year left and after that one year he will be turning thirty three, I dont see anyone giving up a third rounder for a guy that will be a free agent at the end of the year and then will be turning thirty three, maybe he will restructure the deal but ya got to ask yourself, if your just a couple years from retiring, Id say no more then three years, would you restructure for less when your do 19 million? I wouldnt this late in the game

Freeney was paid $5M up front from this season when he originally signed the contract, so he would actually only be getting his $14M salary this year. Being that he's 32 and another football team probably wouldn't pay him the same amount, even if he restructured, he should at least consider making a little less than what he's supposed to get rather than being cut and signing with another team that would pay a lot less. That's my 2 cents.

I have enjoyed watching Freeney and I'm thankful that the Colts had a top DE, but the Team still has some holes that can be filled.