Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rock8591 draft

Not to refer to myself in the 3rd person with the title, but too many threads; I figure I'll post mine. How would this draft look?

hal8DfA.jpg

Claypool - physical specimen size of a TE, speed of a kick/punt returner. Rivers will find a way to get the ball to him.

Wilson - physical specimen who can play T/G. Only 21 years old. Body carries frame to continue gaining muscle and lose baby fat.

Hopkins - true receiving TE ala Aaron Hernandez (without the extracurricular issues).

Dillon - bruiser at RB. Would be great behind our OL and TEs. Would be able to start should Mack leave via FA next offseason.

Davis - undersized DT at 6'1, 305 lbs and short arms...but has 4.75 40-yard dash, also 8 sacks last year. Would be a good sleeper pick.

GayJr - low risk, high reward pick.

Throckmorton - depth pick, ala Joe Haeg.

While, I haven't been to keen on the idea of taking Claypool at 34, I suppose if the team valued him that high, I'd accept it. Wilson at 44 is great (that's also who I tookat 44 in my mock). I like him a tad better than Ezra Cleveland as a developmental LT. I'd rather have Harrison Bryant at 75 than Hopkins and I think he'll be there too. But Hopkins shows some good things. Throckmorton shouldn't last that long. Good job though! I appreciate simulated mocks with some realism. You addressed, IMO our 3 biggest needs pretty nicely: WR, TE, OL depth.

Archived