Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Raiders to possibly double up WR in Round 1

Maybe, but could also make Carr look like a pro bowler too.

Doubt they double up regardless. That's un-Gruden. They absolutely need a WR, but they also need a slot CB as well as both MIKE and WILL in a big way. If they were trying to attract Brady, they also need iOL too. And DT also needs an upgrade.... Anyway, if I was trying to attract Brady, I'd take a WR and CB with their 2 first round picks, and an OG in the 3rd (they don't have a 2nd).

Since they need a slot CB in a big way, I'd package Kenny Moore in a trade for Carr.

11 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Doubt they double up regardless. That's un-Gruden. They absolutely need a WR, but they also need a slot CB as well as both MIKE and WILL in a big way. If they were trying to attract Brady, they also need iOL too. And DT also needs an upgrade.... Anyway, if I was trying to attract Brady, I'd take a WR and CB with their 2 first round picks, and an OG in the 3rd (they don't have a 2nd).

Since they need a slot CB in a big way, I'd package Kenny Moore in a trade for Carr.

oof. I'd hate to see Kenny go. 

23 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

oof. I'd hate to see Kenny go. 

Me too. But I'd make that trade for Carr. LVR would probably want a 1st plus something else. 

Wonder if Tell could play slot corner. He lined up in slot from S a decent amount of time in college, but a little concerned about his physicality. Would likely be great in coverage, but might get dozed when tackling.

51 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Me too. But I'd make that trade for Carr. LVR would probably want a 1st plus something else. 

Wonder if Tell could play slot corner. He lined up in slot from S a decent amount of time in college, but a little concerned about his physicality. Would likely be great in coverage, but might get dozed when tackling.

I cant see Ballard parting ways with a play maker. There is a shortage of play makers in this league so idk if I could see that, and I really want Carr on this team. I'd rather give up more draft capital than to trade a proven talent. 

44 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

I cant see Ballard parting ways with a play maker. There is a shortage of play makers in this league so idk if I could see that, and I really want Carr on this team. I'd rather give up more draft capital than to trade a proven talent. 

I'd love to keep Kenny, but I'm starting to think his 2018 was freak peak. After allowing a passer rating of only 73.3 in 2018, it went up to 102.6 in 2019. He ranked #1 in burn rate (elite) in 2018, and dropped to 44th last year. Either 2018 was a blip, or he took a year off after signing that contract lol. 

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

I'd love to keep Kenny, but I'm starting to think his 2018 was freak peak. After allowing a passer rating of only 73.3 in 2018, it went up to 102.6 in 2019. He ranked #1 in burn rate (elite) in 2018, and dropped to 44th last year. Either 2018 was a blip, or he took a year off after signing that contract lol. 

I felt as if the entire defense took a bit of a step back this past year. And honestly, I think it was because we let the likes of Al Woods walk in FA. After seeing the drop off, and then comparing it to when we attained Booger in 2006, it would seem the defensive tackle position is of quite a great importance in the Tampa 2, even with the subtle differences. You need above average play at that spot for the rest of the defense to flow correctly. Ballard has mentioned that positions importance. And for these reasons I have been on the Kinlaw train for the past month. 

5 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

https://heavy.com/sports/2020/02/raiders-jerry-jeudy-jalen-reagor-combine/

I'm betting they are doing this to attract Brady

The notion that the Raiders would draft WRs with their 1st two picks just to attract a 67-year old QB is some pretty good satire.  

The Raiders will be playing wait-and-see just like half the teams in the league.  I see the Derek Carr trade rumors and am hoping they don't include Indy.  Carr is physically limited.  You can only coach up a player so much, so why not go for bigger upside?  

'

Back to WRs, there were many who balled out at the combine and there will be plenty big-bodied prospects to go around on day 2 and even 3.  

4 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

I felt as if the entire defense took a bit of a step back this past year. And honestly, I think it was because we let the likes of Al Woods walk in FA. After seeing the drop off, and then comparing it to when we attained Booger in 2006, it would seem the defensive tackle position is of quite a great importance in the Tampa 2, even with the subtle differences. You need above average play at that spot for the rest of the defense to flow correctly. Ballard has mentioned that positions importance. And for these reasons I have been on the Kinlaw train for the past month. 

I'm big on DT too and agree it would elevate the entire D, especially the secondary. I still think 2018 may have been a peak for Kenny. I also think the entire D took a step back, but IMO a lot of it had to do with the D being on the field too much, the O not getting up on teams, and  playing too far of the LOS (DBs). We blitzed less too IIRC.

13 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Are you crazy. You did see how bad the defense looked without him the last four weeks. He is elite. I guy that will be here a very long time. He played well this year just had bad luck with injuries. The defense runs through Moore and Leonard.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Are you crazy. You did see how bad the defense looked without him the last four weeks. He is elite. I guy that will be here a very long time. He played well this year just had bad luck with injuries. The defense runs through Moore and Leonard.

he was not elite this year. took a step back in both grade and passer rating allowed. struggled in several games. also, only had 2 INTs, one from Rudolf IIRC and really shouldn't count lol. he was not near his 2018 form.

13 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

he was not elite this year. took a step back in both grade and passer rating allowed. struggled in several games. also, only had 2 INTs, one from Rudolf IIRC and really shouldn't count lol. he was not near his 2018 form.

He started the season with a club on his hand. It was clear when he was out the difference in the defense. Eberflus can’t do what he wants without him.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

He started the season with a club on his hand. It was clear when he was out the difference in the defense. Eberflus can’t do what he wants without him.

Players are only graded during the snaps they take, and his weekly grades (when in) just weren't close to what they were in 2018 for the most part. And sure they would look worse without him. We also looked worse when Desir was out. 

Not saying Kenny sucks, but he was simply not near as good in 2019 as he was in 2018. 

Eberflus will be able to do a lot more when he gets a legit 3T.