CB - Desir, Wilson

CB - Moore, Green

S - Hooker, Odum

S - Willis, Geathers

CB -  Ya-Sin, Tell

K - 7th Round Pick with massive watermelons

P - Sanchez

• Like 2

I'm down with Kinlaw as the first pick.  Love in round 2 wouldn't be bad but IDK if he makes it that far simply because too many teams need QB's and will be reaching.  Reagor would help immediately.   I don't know enough about some of the FA's to comment on them.  Would rather have Ngakoue or Armstead than Clowney, but he would definitely help.  Like the resignings except I don't think we need Geathers anymore, either that or restructure his deal and tell him he's coming off the bench.

• Like 1

Meh...this your first time?  Kidding...

Love the first two picks, don't love the chances of that occurring.  But what do I know?  I secretly hope we sign Clowney, but I wonder how the QB situation plays into that.  Not just in your mock, but if we signed a Brady or Rivers (I feel like throwing up every time I think of the possibility).  Anyway, I still want to see Clowney in a Colts uniform.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Don’t think we need Reagor. How many 5’11” speedster type of receivers do we need?

This is what’s misconstrued about Reagor. Sure, he’s smaller and fast, but he highpoints the ball as well as most of the 6’4 guys in the class, if not better. He’s more than just a speed guy

• Like 1

D J Reader, not sure if he will fit our defense to play several downs. I see the comparisons to Akiem Hicks but Hicks thrived because they had Eddie Goldman at primary NT with the Bears. Reader can also play 3-technique but his strength is his versatility to play 3 or 5 technique plus playing DE in sub packages, which we have plenty of bodies for. So, I don't think the value will be there, based on our roster construction and what Eberflus demands from his DTs. It would be even harder to run against our D with Reader in the line up, no doubt, but our run D is not the one that needs addressed, to be honest. We need guys to generate pass rush down the middle.

Clowney, on the other hand, is a great fit for what we do. I am always afraid if he is the kind of guy who would get lazy once money is handed to him. However, if Ballard does sign him, no complaints from me.

I do feel Ballard will go after guys with a chip on their shoulder, late bloomers like Shelby Harris of Broncos, and Jordan Philips of Bills for the DL in free agency. Plus, I have seen enough of Chase McLaughlin to figure he is our kicker going into next season.

49 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

but if we signed a Brady or Rivers (I feel like throwing up every time I think of the possibility)

If Rivers is our QB, throwing it into double coverage in a pivotal game with minimal arm strength, regardless of the OL protection, will doom the Colts' season at some point. Granted, his OL wasn't the best with the Chargers but Rivers was making bone headed decisions out there, even when he had protection. Mike Williams sometimes had to make insane catches to come up with those 50/50 balls. He doesn't have the arm strength like a Brady to gun it in there if he needed, to be honest.

I'd definitely take Brady over Rivers, because Brady will not lose the game for you 9 times out of 10. Rivers will lose it for you 5 times out of 10, IMO. Thus, he will not be an upgrade over Brissett, the more I think about it.

All the Rivers talk is coming from the media, and his teammates, and nothing from the Colts side.

1 hour ago, WarGhost21 said:

This is what’s misconstrued about Reagor. Sure, he’s smaller and fast, but he highpoints the ball as well as most of the 6’4 guys in the class, if not better. He’s more than just a speed guy

High pointing the ball well doesn’t mean you’re going to throw him back shoulder fades into the end zone against 6 ft corners. The Colts need a bigger receiver with size. They need a Denzel Mims, Michael Pittman, Tee Higgins, etc... Cant win with a bunch of small receivers. 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

If Rivers is our QB, throwing it into double coverage in a pivotal game with minimal arm strength, regardless of the OL protection, will doom the Colts' season at some point. Granted, his OL wasn't the best with the Chargers but Rivers was making bone headed decisions out there, even when he had protection. Mike Williams sometimes had to make insane catches to come up with those 50/50 balls. He doesn't have the arm strength like a Brady to gun it in there if he needed, to be honest.

I'd definitely take Brady over Rivers, because Brady will not lose the game for you 9 times out of 10. Rivers will lose it for you 5 times out of 10, IMO. Thus, he will not be an upgrade over Brissett, the more I think about it.

All the Rivers talk is coming from the media, and his teammates, and nothing from the Colts side.

It's lying season.  I am not at all concerned if Rivers or Brady come here.  I trust Ballard will do the best he can for the Colts and whether we sign either of them, it won't be anything that hurts us down the road.  We all know those guys are on their last leg.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

High pointing the ball well doesn’t mean you’re going to throw him back shoulder fades into the end zone against 6 ft corners. The Colts need a bigger receiver with size. They need a Denzel Mims, Michael Pittman, Tee Higgins, etc... Cant win with a bunch of small receivers. 

I agree, but this draft is loaded with big receivers. If we get Reagor early we can also grab someone like Chase Claypool later on