Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My ideal off-season

Sign teddy Bridgewater, I believe he is the best QB option for the colts as it stands right now, still on the younger side, plays Good ball and fits in our system. 

Get a blue chip WR, O-lineman or D-lineman early in the draft, players to watch juedy, lamb and kinlaw. Address the CB in the second round along with getting an explosive TE, Doyle is good, but getting older and not a huge threat that a defense has to account for. Bridgewater would have a young fiesty defense, an explosive TE, WR combo with either Jefferson, Lamb or Juedy plus TY Hilton...get Pascal working the slot, release Hoyer and keep brissett as your backup, I think that would be a good off-season for the colts in my eyes, what are your thoughts. 

I do like Bridgewater as an option so I'm good with that.  I don't think JB would be happy with the demotion so I would prefer moving on from him and I wouldn't mind Kelly as the backup over Hoyer.  I would get a veteran WR in FA.  Rookie WRs don't normally make an immediate impact.  I'm expecting Ballard to be more active in FA this year so we should get more help there as well. All reports seem to be pointing towards Rivers but Bridgewater makes more sense because of his age.  We get to keep our picks too.  Maybe trade back a little at 13 and get another.

9 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I do like Bridgewater as an option so I'm good with that.  I don't think JB would be happy with the demotion so I would prefer moving on from him and I wouldn't mind Kelly as the backup over Hoyer.  I would get a veteran WR in FA.  Rookie WRs don't normally make an immediate impact.  I'm expecting Ballard to be more active in FA this year so we should get more help there as well. All reports seem to be pointing towards Rivers but Bridgewater makes more sense because of his age.  We get to keep our picks too.  Maybe trade back a little at 13 and get another.

Agreed! 

Yeah, other than Herbert I don't like any of the other QBs enough to take them at 13, so I'm starting to feel I'll be in the camp that would like to see someone like Bridgewater, Rivers, or Carr in a Colts uniform next season. Then we can draft a QB in the second round or later or continue to develop Kelly if we think he can be the guy one day. It's not really my "ideal" offseason persay, but I think it's my top choice right now. I don't want Love at 13 and Herbert will probably be gone.

I just think we have enough holes that we can still get better this season and not have our franchise QB in place. I'm not talking about waiting for one to magically show up, I just don't think he's going to be sitting there available at 13 this year. I'd love to be wrong, though. I have no idea what Ballard and Co. are thinking, but as a fan, going for a QB in FA and adding some talent to the roster would keep me content with the team for another season. 

• Thanks 1