Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reich's offense changing week in and week out

CR91

On 10/20/2019 at 9:53 PM, GoatBeard said:

Well then you need to go watch something else, sports arent for you.

I've been watching this stuff for over 30 years and my teams have won 1 title. I'm not gonna be miserable for 29 out of the next 30 years. I'm gonna enjoy every win.

Well said!!! 

I’m a fan of Reichs play calling to date and in general the offensive game planning. Gobs of creativity which we haven’t seen in ages. 

The exciting part is that he’s still working out the kinks. There were some calls that left me scratching my head in the Texans game. 4-1 toss run play early in the first half was too risky in that part of the field for me; tosses work great if you catch the defense by surprise and are able to run block well on the perimeter. On that down, the entire defense including corners were selling run there. My vote would've been an inside run behind Big Q or a play action pass if you’re going to go for it; call a boot leg (spider 2 y banana?) or a PA power o there.

And then the late 4th quarter drives that should’ve burned the clock but instead took little time away from an explosive Texans offense. I understand the desire to be aggressive with the Texans being effective in stopping the run all day up until that point, however there are just times to run the ball or call short, high-percentage pass plays to run the clock and force time outs. 

Overall Reichs ability in play calling and tailoring game plans to attack opposing defenses weaknesses is refreshing and hoping this continues to trend upward as it has because if so we could be looking an exciting rest of the season. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dasteez said:

I’m a fan of Reichs play calling to date and in general the offensive game planning. Gobs of creativity which we haven’t seen in ages. 

The exciting part is that he’s still working out the kinks. There were some calls that left me scratching my head in the Texans game. 4-1 toss run play early in the first half was too risky in that part of the field for me; tosses work great if you catch the defense by surprise and are able to run block well on the perimeter. On that down, the entire defense including corners were selling run there. My vote would've been an inside run behind Big Q or a play action pass if you’re going to go for it; call a boot leg (spider 2 y banana?) or a PA power o there.

And then the late 4th quarter drives that should’ve burned the clock but instead took little time away from an explosive Texans offense. I understand the desire to be aggressive with the Texans being effective in stopping the run all day up until that point, however there are just times to run the ball or call short, high-percentage pass plays to run the clock and force time outs. 

Overall Reichs ability in play calling and tailoring game plans to attack opposing defenses weaknesses is refreshing and hoping this continues to trend upward as it has because if so we could be looking an exciting rest of the season. 

Couldn't agree more with this post. that toss on 4th and 1 had me baffled but I also think Reich is a great coach and i love his willingness to go for it on 4th in general. I have very high hopes for him and look forward to him being our coach for a long * time. 

On another note, I was looking at the schedule we have ahead and dare I say it, I think we win all but 2-3 games as long as we keep game planning well and JB plays as well as he has been. Fingers bloody crossed! I know every game is a big game but for me this next one against the Broncos is huge, it's a game we should for sure win especially at home and my best mate supports them and we always talk mad % to each other about our respective teams lol.