Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts / Browns joint practice 8/14

brownsfan4life

There is a significant difference in the tone of the reporting by Colts media between this joint practice session and some of the previous years' sessions(Detroit for example). In previous years it seemed to me like that team was not ready and was getting bullied on all levels by the opponents. This time around we are getting news about our lines holding their own at the very least and some even suggest the Colts are clearly winning the D-Line vs O-Line drills for example and Jacoby is torching the Browns secondary. 

I can't wait to see this team in action at full strength. Hopefully with Luck week 1. I'm having high expectations for this year. Higher than any year with Luck I think. This is the best team we've had in a while... 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, stitches said:

There is a significant difference in the tone of the reporting by Colts media between this joint practice session and some of the previous years' sessions(Detroit for example). In previous years it seemed to me like that team was not ready and was getting bullied on all levels by the opponents. This time around we are getting news about our lines holding their own at the very least and some even suggest the Colts are clearly winning the D-Line vs O-Line drills for example and Jacoby is torching the Browns secondary. 

I can't wait to see this team in action at full strength. Hopefully with Luck week 1. I'm having high expectations for this year. Higher than any year with Luck I think. This is the best team we've had in a while... 

Right on!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, brownsfan4life said:

ill be interested to see how this plays out. IDK about the colts but in the past with the browns. it seems in these joint practices the team that does well in the practices doesn't do well in the game....but i digress its the preseason

I think it's probably case-by-case and more of an indicator of individual progress and getting a more physical and competitive practice than indicative of overall team success in regular season. But just like every step-up in practice tempo it's helpful experience.