Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts / Browns joint practice 8/14

brownsfan4life

13 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It seems we were kind of already penciled in for a loss in LA. Maybe we just take a chance on JB and luck have a extra week.

Honest question - do you think the Colts are planning on losing to the chargers?  

10 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Honest question - do you think the Colts are planning on losing to the chargers?  

All I am saying is that a lot of people already had us losing with Luck. Maybe we just play JB and give Luck a extra week. I think luck is going to miss the first few games anyway. I dont think he will be that far along to make a call he can play week one by next Sat.

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

All I am saying is that a lot of people already had us losing with Luck. Maybe we just play JB and give Luck a extra week. I think luck is going to miss the first few games anyway. I dont think he will be that far along to make a call he can play week one by next Sat.

Mind-numbing. Who cares what others are saying? They are going to play the game and the Colts are damn sure not conceding it with Luck, Brissett or you at QB. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Charger's  fans  said they are going to destroy  the colts on their forum.  One of their main arguments  were that the colts disappeared  against  a real team like kc in the playoffs and that our win versus the Texans  meant nothing. 

3 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Charger's  fans  said they are going to destroy  the colts on their forum.  One of their main arguments  were that the colts disappeared  against  a real team like kc in the playoffs and that our win versus the Texans  meant nothing. 

Jeez  - I wonder if they will just cancel the game

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Drills are nice.  But I want to see how he plays Saturday before I get to feel good about how he is playing.  

Hopefully with all the starters playing he will look better. I think though we got more out of today’s practice then we will the game.  Just praying hard no injury to JB.

Just a side note. Hines was taking KR and Cain was taking first team reps. Pascal might be on his way out. Although he did have a nice return today.

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Ok I am starting to think there could be a possibility we keep fountain over Cain.

Fountain has been having a really good camp and it sounds like he played great today as well...

Last week he was our most productive receiver in the Bills game.

If he keeps it up... Reese will be very, very, hard to cut.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2019/8/13/20803071/could-reece-fountain-force-the-colts-hand-at-wide-receiver

So far, in Colts training camp, Fountain’s talent—with the help of a lot of his own hard work—has started to consistently translate to the football field:

...It hasn’t just been on the Colts practice field either.

The 2nd-year wide receiver finished with 5 receptions for 63 receiving yards in the Colts preseason opener against the Buffalo Bills—including this acrobatic catch.

As a result of his exceptional play, Pro Football Focus rated him as the Colts top preseason performer last week...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

I don't see them making a decision on the starting qb by next weekend for a game in September....if they do that then something is missing

Well after the bears game they are in prepare mode for the chargers. If isn’t practicing fully by the bears game I think it’s fair to say he won’t be ready.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It's interesting to look at the recaps on Browns.com as well...

The writers on each side do a very good job of playing up the good and downplaying/outright leaving out the bad. Which, hey, isn't unexpected. Just that if you were to read one side or the other's you'd think they for sure had the better day.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

If we rest Luck the 1st 6 weeks, then he comes back for game 7, we win 10 straight to go 10-6, win the division and we're on our way.

I'm callin Ballard...............

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

You do know weed is legal in LA?

Just sayin

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

It was more of sarcasm. I know Cain is probably a lock. You have to admit though Fountain has  looked incredible.  I hope we can keep both.

My annual reminder about pre-season:  who you are playing against on the depth chart matters.  Having a good practice and owning other teams third stringers who will probably be out of football for the most part in a few weeks isn’t the same as playing against another team’s starters.  You can tell a lot about where the coaches think a guy is by which unit they play with in pre-season games.

With that said I would like to see what Fountain can do a little higher up the depth chart.  Hopefully he gets that chance this week or next.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Well after the bears game they are in prepare mode for the chargers. If isn’t practicing fully by the bears game I think it’s fair to say he won’t be ready.

Well that's not necessarily true because we know he's not playing the preseason at all but he's working on drills individually he's not practicing with the team but he's active I could see if he wasn't doing anything at all he's working on it though so I think the true call will made by week 1 of the season