Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts / Browns joint practice 8/14

brownsfan4life

thread for updates and talk about the colts / browns joint practice.

ill be interested to see how they compete.  this camp has been a night and day difference between hue jacksons "camp cupcake" and this year's TC.

for reference the browns have been in full pads with hitting all but 1 day so far in camp.  one would think that would be bad with injuries but last year had many more injured players. this year they have been relatively healthy so far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to the board!  Looking forward to the practices to see how our Colts measure up!   Specifically, our CBs and WRs have been tearing up camp (not easy to do, given that they play against each other).  But hey, if they can look good against OBJ, Landry, Ward, etc., then they’re pretty good...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Archer said:

Welcome to the board!  Looking forward to the practices to see how our Colts measure up!   Specifically, our CBs and WRs have been tearing up camp (not easy to do, given that they play against each other).  But hey, if they can look good against OBJ, Landry, Ward, etc., then they’re pretty good...

TY is a tough cover for anyone. Ward is really the only CB the browns have that can cover him. i seen he is like 29 catches so far on 30 targets ?  is that right ? 

the top 3 browns receivers are locked in obj, landry, higgins. an old AFC south face Jaelen strong is having a great camp and the #4 as of now .

2 hours ago, brownsfan4life said:

TY is a tough cover for anyone. Ward is really the only CB the browns have that can cover him. i seen he is like 29 catches so far on 30 targets ?  is that right ? 

the top 3 browns receivers are locked in obj, landry, higgins. an old AFC south face Jaelen strong is having a great camp and the #4 as of now .

I think that was TYH himself who quoted that 29 of 30 targets, lol!  Yeah, TY has been a beast, but other WRs are really tearing it up at camp.  Principally, Dion Cain, Reese Fountain, and Krishawn Hogan.  Depending on who you talk to, Funchess, Zach Pascal, and others have also done great.  Looking forward to see them against CLE CBs, especially Ward (what a brilliant draft you had last year - kudos).

• Like 1

I can’t wait to see Rock Ya Sin against your wide receivers. He has been a beast in camp. I will also be watching to see if the colts defense is as good as it as looked in camp. Also seeing Brissett up against another defense besides the colts will be something to watch. I think we will get more out of these joint practices then we will the game Saturday.

Just now, stitches said:

This will be a nice test for the defense which according to multiple reports has had its way with our own offense so far in camp. Lets see if they can be this disruptive against some high caliber offensive talent on the Browns. 

from the browns side all the pub the offense gets the defense has gotten the better of them most of camp.  the D line when the 4 starters have been out there has been pretty much un-blockable.  that with 4 CB's that can play its tough sledding. 

12 minutes ago, brownsfan4life said:

from the browns side all the pub the offense gets the defense has gotten the better of them most of camp.  the D line when the 4 starters have been out there has been pretty much un-blockable.  that with 4 CB's that can play its tough sledding. 

Yeah, they have a filthy defensive line too... and some talent at CB too... This is a very good Browns team and those joint practices IMO will be a good litmus test about where we are in our roster development at some key spots. 

3 hours ago, brownsfan4life said:

thread for updates and talk about the colts / browns joint practice.

ill be interested to see how they compete.  this camp has been a night and day difference between hue jacksons "camp cupcake" and this year's TC.

for reference the browns have been in full pads with hitting all but 1 day so far in camp.  one would think that would be bad with injuries but last year had many more injured players. this year they have been relatively healthy so far.

Welcome!

2 minutes ago, brownsfan4life said:

Sweet ...thats a heck of a complex you guys play at. Its massive i never knew

I know! Grand park has a ton of fields. They have BBQ today, but it’s not as good as last year :(   They will be practicing on two fields today. I’ll let you know of any Browns plays as well! More and more colts players are filing out, don’t see any browns players yet

I know if anybody can get veteran days it's Vinny, but consider me curious about what's going on with him.

If our camp kicker continue to ball out in PS and Vinny struggles to get healthy...although I seriously doubt Ballard would ever cut Vinny. Could be the smart move for the future though, again, if the camp kicker proves his worth.

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

I know if anybody can get veteran days it's Vinny, but consider me curious about what's going on with him.

If our camp kicker continue to ball out in PS and Vinny struggles to get healthy...although I seriously doubt Ballard would ever cut Vinny. Could be the smart move for the future though, again, if the camp kicker proves his worth.

I won’t be surprised if he retires before the season starts. He says it’s a minor knee but he has been our to long.